OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 703, 704, 705 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
davidse wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
davidse wrote:
He wants to win.
He didn't come there to hog money.
He'll get his once they have his bird rights in 2 years (or in one year if he'd rather take the money earlier with smaller raises).

Cap projections going down means the difference in his free agent amount and his non-bird 120% amount has gotten much smaller - probably about 2-2.5 mil per year.

He will give that up to make sure they have the tools to win titles. that's why he's there.

thats an assumption based on?

lol at he will get his bird rights in 2 years

Done explaining this to you.

Watch it unfold and act surprised.

I think it has already been said this is what will happen....they spoke in code, but Durant has basically said Iggy will be back....and that is the only way it could happen. With a flattening cap, Durant will not be missing on much money....and will sign a bigger contract next year when they have his early Bird Rights.

its not about Durant. Its about Iggy/Livingston accepting much lower $$ then market price.

I also doubt Durant is going to wait 2 more years, to sign a bigger contract

Iggy will not have to if they sign Durant with the returning player provision. Livingston is likely gone.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think the likely drafting of Ball should squash spending significant $ on a PG. I like Jrue but with D'Lonzo no need at this time, particularly if we are trying to save cap space for PG13 in 2018.

I simply have little confidence a rookie PG like Ball, Fox or Fultz will be able to be a day one starter. Similar to how we saw Ingram struggle for most of the season. If fans and FO can be patient with the likely struggles, I'm fine.

If they have any expectations of competing this season they need more IMO.

Going to be interesting to see which direction the Lakers take. Multiple options short and long term.

Which is why getting rid of a 3rd year DLO is not wise. We can also roll with DLO/JC until Ball is ready. No need to blow 2018 cap space on a 2nd/3rd tier PG.

Just another way of looking for a viable solution.

Were you directing the "getting rid of DLO " at me? I have never advocated that move. Same as I prefer they not move Randle or Nance. I did comment that the trading Clarkson suggestion seems to be discussed frequently.

My speculated G rotation would be Holiday, Ball, Russell, Clarkson unless one is moved. Maybe add Nwaba and Ennis as the third string. Expecting Young to opt out.

Just a side note on the free agent dollars. Absolutely would prefer they do not spend the entire $25M. Negotiating less is always better. Just looking at the contracts from last year and the new "max" deals driving the market to even the second tier free agents.

On the topic of the 2018 free agents. I always come back to who is actually going to be available, wants to join the Lakers and makes financial sense. Too many times burned has left me numb to getting to excited about next year's awesome free agent. Now we're worried about two? Believe it when I see it.

Same reasoning leads me to think the Lakers trade for George this season if they can keep the assets given to a minimum. Even then have concerns of his expected max contract will need to be offset by loss of to many assets to make it work financially.

Just me. Many people have many different priorites and vision of how this can work. some simple, some convoluted.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think the likely drafting of Ball should squash spending significant $ on a PG. I like Jrue but with D'Lonzo no need at this time, particularly if we are trying to save cap space for PG13 in 2018.

I simply have little confidence a rookie PG like Ball, Fox or Fultz will be able to be a day one starter. Similar to how we saw Ingram struggle for most of the season. If fans and FO can be patient with the likely struggles, I'm fine.

Going to be interesting to see which direction the Lakers take. Multiple options short and long term.

Which is why getting rid of a 3rd year DLO is not wise. We can also roll with DLO/JC until Ball is ready. No need to blow 2018 cap space on a 2nd/3rd tier PG.

Just another way of looking for a viable solution.

Were you directing the "getting rid of DLO " at me? I have never advocated that move. Same as I prefer they not move Randle or Nance. I did comment that the trading Clarkson suggestion seems to be discussed frequently.

My speculated G rotation would be Holiday, Ball, Russell, Clarkson unless one is moved. Maybe add Nwaba and Ennis as the third string. Expecting Young to opt out.

Just a side note on the free agent dollars. Absolutely would prefer they do not spend the entire $25M. Negotiating less is always better. Just looking at the contracts from last year and the new "max" deals driving the market to even the second tier free agents.

On the topic of the 2018 free agents. I always come back to who is actually going to be available, wants to join the Lakers and makes financial sense. Too many times burned has left me numb to getting to excited about next year's awesome free agent. Now we're worried about two? Believe it when I see it.

Same reasoning leads me to think the Lakers trade for George this season if they can keep the assets given to a minimum. Even then have concerns of his expected max contract will need to be offset by loss of to many assets to make it work financially.

Just me. Many people have many different priorites and vision of how this can work. some simple, some convoluted.

If you pay Holiday 22m/year for example, you may not have enough cap space for PG13. And now you have the 96/4 problem again.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
davidse wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
davidse wrote:
He wants to win.
He didn't come there to hog money.
He'll get his once they have his bird rights in 2 years (or in one year if he'd rather take the money earlier with smaller raises).

Cap projections going down means the difference in his free agent amount and his non-bird 120% amount has gotten much smaller - probably about 2-2.5 mil per year.

He will give that up to make sure they have the tools to win titles. that's why he's there.

thats an assumption based on?

lol at he will get his bird rights in 2 years

Done explaining this to you.

Watch it unfold and act surprised.

I think it has already been said this is what will happen....they spoke in code, but Durant has basically said Iggy will be back....and that is the only way it could happen. With a flattening cap, Durant will not be missing on much money....and will sign a bigger contract next year when they have his early Bird Rights.

its not about Durant. Its about Iggy/Livingston accepting much lower $$ then market price.

I also doubt Durant is going to wait 2 more years, to sign a bigger contract

Iggy will not have to if they sign Durant with the returning player provision. Livingston is likely gone.

Iggy comes to me as a guy who will go for his last big paycheck.

I think he has done everything: All star, Finals MVP and now will go after big money.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I think DLO, and to a somewhat lesser extent JC, can make the jump from average NBA players to good NBA players next season, which affords us the opportunity to develop Ball. I also think it reduces the marginal benefit of adding a big money FA guard in the short term, and in the long term, the contract would be an issue. Just my .02, I know you've made it clear you're not married to the idea haha.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bosch > Bosh in 2017.

I've been a Titus Welliver fan since Deadwood.

He was freaking fantastic on Lost, also.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
epak wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Some about Bosh and Miami reaching a settlement and the implications of Riley having more cap space to use this summer.

Miami Heat, Chris Bosh moving toward agreement that assures permanent cap relief

NO!

Thats not good @ all. Clearing Bosh off their cap free's up about $25M a year.
They become a major player in the FA market with the Godfather Riley running the show.

This was always going to happen. Bosh will probably try to be cleared by doctors to play again.

Ive wondered - if Bosh is cleared to play and Lakers get Paul George - does Bosh come to Lakers?

He lives here (yah yah, everyone does lol)

But Pelinka was his agent.

Also - Bosh would still get paid by Miami right? So any money he makes on new deal only offsets what Miami owes him --- meaning, he wouldn't cost much, right?

Bosh is done...

I'm ok with him for a 1 year vet salary. My gut says he will be a solid contributor.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bosch > Bosh in 2017.

I've been a Titus Welliver fan since Deadwood.

He was freaking fantastic on Lost, also.

Love the show Bosch. Can't wait for season 4!
Lonzo Ball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ball will be ready from the day 1, heck he's now more ready than Russell and Ingram combined, so our point guard position is set for the next 15 years, no need to spend money on guards, we have bigger holes to fill.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject:

Earvin Magic Johnson‏ @MagicsTweets 4h4 hours ago

I really hope Jim Buss was watching Kyrie Irving tonight! Wait, that’s my job! LOL!

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ball will be ready from the day 1, heck he's now more ready than Russell and Ingram combined, so our point guard position is set for the next 15 years, no need to spend money on guards, we have bigger holes to fill.

LOL.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

For your sake you better be right.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

I think Hayward goes to the Celts, leaving us free to go after Jimmy Butler, who I like better on this team than George since he won't eat into BI's minites.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
I think Hayward goes to the Celts, leaving us free to go after Jimmy Butler, who I like better on this team than George since he won't eat into BI's minites.

Go after Butler? He'll be far more costly, like DLO AND Ingram for a trade for him.

PG13 could be cheaper via trade and is a FA in 2018.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
Earvin Magic Johnson‏ @MagicsTweets 4h4 hours ago

I really hope Jim Buss was watching Kyrie Irving tonight! Wait, that’s my job! LOL!

kinda mean tho
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

Chris Bosh and the Heat are finalizing a deal to part ways. He would be a GREAT one year deal for the Lakers. Keep flexibility for next offseason while getting a stretch big with championship experience. The only thing that would hold us back would be for Bosh personal health but he seems like he is an intelligent guy who has gotten multiple opinions and should be afforded the right to decide on his own.

If he thinks he can play(which he apparently does), sign him.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Chris Bosh and the Heat are finalizing a deal to part ways. He would be a GREAT one year deal for the Lakers. Keep flexibility for next offseason while getting a stretch big with championship experience. The only thing that would hold us back would be for Bosh personal health but he seems like he is an intelligent guy who has gotten multiple opinions and should be afforded the right to decide on his own.

What his doctors thinks matters most
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

Bosh is one of my fave non-Lakers from the past 10 years. His game is the perfect stretch big game. If health permitting, no brainer. But one would think he would want to join a more contending team?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

if Bosh is willing to go on the 2nd unit with reduced minutes - due to his health, that would be awesome. Pelinka was his agent before... it would allow us to trade somebody in that logjam of Jules, Nance, Deng - who wants to play PF, Moz and Zu and I'm not even counting Tarik...
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

there it is, Tarik is a "team" option, not a "player" option...

"the second year of Tarik Black's two-year, $13-million Laker deal is a team option."
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

He's 33 and hasn't played in two seasons due to a potentially life threatening complication. No way.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Bosh is one of my fave non-Lakers from the past 10 years. His game is the perfect stretch big game. If health permitting, no brainer. But one would think he would want to join a more contending team?

Yes, if they want him. I don't think teams are dieing to sign him which might make a 1 year deal on a team where he would be able to shine appealing.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

Bosh would only want to come here if we are trying to win and with the current roster it's not likely, he probably wants to join a contender so we need to make moves to win now for him to be interested.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject:

Bosh will go to the Cavs and hug Lebron's nuts.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

Bosh is toast.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 703, 704, 705 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 704 of 1813
Jump to: