OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 704, 705, 706 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Chris Bosh and the Heat are finalizing a deal to part ways. He would be a GREAT one year deal for the Lakers. Keep flexibility for next offseason while getting a stretch big with championship experience. The only thing that would hold us back would be for Bosh personal health but he seems like he is an intelligent guy who has gotten multiple opinions and should be afforded the right to decide on his own.

If he thinks he can play(which he apparently does), sign him.

Bosh would only want to come here if we are trying to win and with the current roster it's not likely, he probably wants to join a contender so we need to make moves to win now for him to be interested.

who said he only wants to win? He can't goto San Antonio, Pau Gasol just said he was going to be back. He can't goto Cleveland unless they make a massive change, GS doubtful, Houston maybe but that's assuming any contender wants to bet their season he can actually last a season...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
there it is, Tarik is a "team" option, not a "player" option...

"the second year of Tarik Black's two-year, $13-million Laker deal is a team option."

It's a non-guaranteed 2nd year. If we had given him a team option, he would have essentially had the right to veto trades. Actually a smart move by the Lakers. It lets them have a few days of FA to see where things are going, and if we get no one, can guarantee Black's year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Chris Bosh and the Heat are finalizing a deal to part ways. He would be a GREAT one year deal for the Lakers. Keep flexibility for next offseason while getting a stretch big with championship experience. The only thing that would hold us back would be for Bosh personal health but he seems like he is an intelligent guy who has gotten multiple opinions and should be afforded the right to decide on his own.

Bosh is one of my fave non-Lakers from the past 10 years. His game is the perfect stretch big game. If health permitting, no brainer. But one would think he would want to join a more contending team?

Yes, if they want him. I don't think teams are dieing to sign him which might make a 1 year deal on a team where he would be able to shine appealing.

Let's not use the term "dying to sign him" with a guy who had a very serious medical condition.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Bosh would only want to come here if we are trying to win and with the current roster it's not likely, he probably wants to join a contender so we need to make moves to win now for him to be interested.

who said he only wants to win? He can't goto San Antonio, Pau Gasol just said he was going to be back. He can't goto Cleveland unless they make a massive change, GS doubtful, Houston maybe but that's assuming any contender wants to bet their season he can actually last a season...

Well if Griffin walks in FA, Clippers signing Bosh can make sense.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

THAT would be interesting. Doc Rivers is under some pressure there, does he bet his entire season on the health of Chris Bosh? That's doubling down on doubling down!

edit: it's amusing, when I thought of contenders, I didn't even think about the Clippers
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Bosh is one of my fave non-Lakers from the past 10 years. His game is the perfect stretch big game. If health permitting, no brainer. But one would think he would want to join a more contending team?

Yes, if they want him. I don't think teams are dieing to sign him which might make a 1 year deal on a team where he would be able to shine appealing.

Let's not use the term "dying to sign him" with a guy who had a very serious medical condition.

Bosh has had a very serious condition. I look at him, now, as a guy that wants to get back but he is a very high potential to either end up on the IR or worst.

I'd be very worried of bringing him on because, a- he could hurt himself or b- he will not be able to contribute because the medical staff decides on the side of caution.

I would not make a quick decision to say yes because of the player he was...interesting situation for any FO...
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

That's something the Clippers would do. It's how they manage to be irrelevant in the playoffs even during their golden years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Pretty much. I don't understand how people think that we can suck and tank every year but that FAs will want to come here. The fantasy is strong. Realistically, what we do get are players like Deng and Mozgov.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Pretty much. I don't understand how people think that we can suck and tank every year but that FAs will want to come here. The fantasy is strong. Realistically, what we do get are players like Deng and Mozgov.

"I'm speaking it into existence"
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

"I'm speaking it into existence"

how's that workin 4 ya?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article152185067.html

"The Lakers would be a natural possibility; Bosh spends his offseasons in Los Angeles and the Lakers’ general manager, Rob Pelinka, is Bosh’s former agent."

Only team mentioned is the Lakers. Not sure how plugged in this guy is. Also want to mention that the UCLA partnership with our practice facility with access to the top doctors can help..
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

when is the date that NickYoung has to opt out ? anyone know
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

I don't see any reason for Bosh to come here.
Warriors, Cavs, Clippers, Spurs, even Celtics/Raptors/Wizards.

He's still getting paid. no reason to chase a few more bucks here when he can play for a contender.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Is there any word on whether or not Bosh is actually in physical condition to play?
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Zach Lowe: Spurs/CP3 have mutual interest
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:

Cool.. give us Green and Parker..
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

Only if it's Spiderman Parker...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

There's already speculation that along with Parker, they could try to move Pau if he opts in as expected. That's no surprise to me because Green should have more value to them than those other 2 players. If we go the absorbing expiring contracts route, we could possibly take one of those players. I suppose we would want the Spurs' #29 pick this year, or a 2018 1st rounder, as compensation.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

There's already speculation that along with Parker, they could try to move Pau if he opts in as expected. That's no surprise to me because Green should have more value to them than those other 2 players. If we go the absorbing expiring contracts route, we could possibly take one of those players. I suppose we would want the Spurs' #29 pick this year, or a 2018 1st rounder, as compensation.

i can take Green/pau if they put in the 29th pick + future 2nd
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

June 21st - Nick Young Player Option Deadline
June 22nd - NBA Draft
June 24th - David Nwaba Team Option Deadline
June 26th - NBA Awards Show
July 1st - Free Agency Moratorium Begins (Verbal Agreements Start)
July 4th - Tarik Black Contract Guaranteed
July 6th - Free Agency Moratorium Ends (Official Signings Begin)
August 31st - Last Day to stretch 2017-2018 Salary
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
pmacla wrote:

June 22nd - NBA Draft

Excellent. Thank you.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
pmacla wrote:

June 22nd - NBA Draft

Excellent. Thank you.

+1! Much appreciated!

Here's what i think might happen

6/21 : Nick opts out
6/22: Lonzo
6/24: Don't pick Nwaba
7/4: Black guaranteed
7/6: Taj Gibson
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Magic Johnson explains reasoning behind waiting for 2018 free agency

On Wednesday, Magic appeared on Marcellus and Kelvin on ESPN LA and reiterated the same sentiment while giving the team’s reasoning behind the decision:

Quote:
“Yeah because, you know, most of the guys we’re looking at right now are pretty much going to sign back. If you look at the potential free agents, they’re all high-profile guys. The two that play for Golden State, you already know they’re pretty much going to get the max deals.

You have….one that I love in Chris Paul. That’s like my man. And this is crazy. Here I am just not running the Lakers, but in my heart, I still want Chris Paul to play in a Western Conference Finals and then in an NBA Finals. I really want that for him because he deserves that. I think the two high-profile Clippers, along with JJ, will probably sign back, right? Where do you go if you don’t sign them back? It’s not going to be the same for the Clippers not having them.

But we feel that those guys all go back, so this is not going to be one of those years where guys leave because the teams that have a lot of cap space, I don’t think that those guys will leave for those teams. I really don’t.”

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/05/24/magic-johnson-2018-free-agency/
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Magic Johnson explains reasoning behind waiting for 2018 free agency

On Wednesday, Magic appeared on Marcellus and Kelvin on ESPN LA and reiterated the same sentiment while giving the team’s reasoning behind the decision:

Quote:
“Yeah because, you know, most of the guys we’re looking at right now are pretty much going to sign back. If you look at the potential free agents, they’re all high-profile guys. The two that play for Golden State, you already know they’re pretty much going to get the max deals.

You have….one that I love in Chris Paul. That’s like my man. And this is crazy. Here I am just not running the Lakers, but in my heart, I still want Chris Paul to play in a Western Conference Finals and then in an NBA Finals. I really want that for him because he deserves that. I think the two high-profile Clippers, along with JJ, will probably sign back, right? Where do you go if you don’t sign them back? It’s not going to be the same for the Clippers not having them.

But we feel that those guys all go back, so this is not going to be one of those years where guys leave because the teams that have a lot of cap space, I don’t think that those guys will leave for those teams. I really don’t.”

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/05/24/magic-johnson-2018-free-agency/

He's just saying that there prepared to see all the relevant FAs sign back with there team he's not saying we don't want to spend cap room, if someone becomes available the Lakers will show interest in that player.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed May 24, 2017 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Anyone interested ina salary dump from the Spurs so they can chase cp3?

Bonus points for destroying the Clippers with this move
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 704, 705, 706 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 705 of 1813
Jump to: