OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 715, 716, 717 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerFan1972 wrote:
Bring Pau back for one last tour.

It won't just be a tour, he can help our team get wins.

I know. I didn't imply he couldn't. Paul has always been my all time favorite Lakers.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Can see the clips bringing everyone back spinning it in the sense they've never been completely healthy (we know better). And can't cp3 leaving that cash on the table to go to SaN. That being said I hope it happens, can't stand their fans that have come out of the woodwork the last 5 years. And if cp3 left, I think Blake would bounce too
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

For those who say CP3 is all about the money or if that's to imply the situation being about the money. don't you think the Spurs wouldn't bother pursuing him if they at least didn't get the hint that Chris Paul might want to play for a title?

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri May 26, 2017 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

I cant see Chris Paul going to the Spurs, and them jettisoning half the team to make it happen. If Paul goes there, it will be a s a ring chaser, and he would be giving a likely significant discount. If it did happen though, there might be some quality Spurs players that get released or we need to be trading for expiring deals. Maybe we can cash in on some of that...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Did any of you ask pop what he thinks? What if he doesn't even want CP3
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
The interesting thing about CP3 and Spurs is the Spurs need to hope Gasol declines his $16m option which I don't think he will.

So Lakers step in and absorb gasols last year contract and Spurs toss in a draft pick or two, then Lakers immediately flip those assets to Brooklyn so they take mozgov.

Just like that Moz is gone, it didn't cost us any asset that we currently have and gasol will be expiring in 18, and can immediately be the zubac mentor, and all is well in lakerland as we are monster players now in 2018 FA

That would be the ideal scenario, but I see a few issues.

1. Even after salary dumping Pau, the Spurs are still $10 million short on a having enough cap space to offer Paul a max contract. Paul will already have to take less money to go to the Spurs, but I don't see him settling for much less than the max in that case.

Given this, I could see the Spurs trading away Aldridge instead of Pau. San Antonio fans have already expressed having buyers remorse with LaMarcus. Doing this would give them an additional $5 million to help make up that $10 million deficit and they could accumulate draft picks in return instead of possibly having to trade them away with Gasol.

2. Would San Antonio even really need to attach picks to dump Gasol? He'd be an expiring contract and is only one year removed from back to back all-star seasons. I wouldn't expect them to demand picks in return given their theoretical desperation to clear that cap space, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a team or two in the league willing to bring in a championship experienced veteran as productive as Pau for nothing else in return. Hell, if push came to shove, the Lakers might even still take that deal.

3. San Antonio really doesn't have any picks that are of much worth. Keep in mind that this theoretical trade would be happening post draft so we'd be flipping whatever player they drafted at #29 rather than the pick itself. If San Antonio drafts a player that Brooklyn isn't enamored by it could throw a wrench in the plan. Alternatively, San Antonio could offer a future 1st round pick instead, but I doubt Brooklyn is moved to take Mozgov off our hands by a likely very late 1st round pick a year from now if they aren't already by our 28th pick this year.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Would Pau/Green/Draft pick for C.Brewer open up enough cap space for a max offer to CP3? Still don't see see CP3 leaving that 5th year in LA.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
The interesting thing about CP3 and Spurs is the Spurs need to hope Gasol declines his $16m option which I don't think he will.

So Lakers step in and absorb gasols last year contract and Spurs toss in a draft pick or two, then Lakers immediately flip those assets to Brooklyn so they take mozgov.

Just like that Moz is gone, it didn't cost us any asset that we currently have and gasol will be expiring in 18, and can immediately be the zubac mentor, and all is well in lakerland as we are monster players now in 2018 FA

That would be the ideal scenario, but I see a few issues.

1. Even after salary dumping Pau, the Spurs are still $10 million short on a having enough cap space to offer Paul a max contract. Paul will already have to take less money to go to the Spurs, but I don't see him settling for much less than the max in that case.

Given this, I could see the Spurs trading away Aldridge instead of Pau. San Antonio fans have already expressed having buyers remorse with LaMarcus. Doing this would give them an additional $5 million to help make up that $10 million deficit and they could accumulate draft picks in return instead of possibly having to trade them away with Gasol.

2. Would San Antonio even really need to attach picks to dump Gasol? He'd be an expiring contract and is only one year removed from back to back all-star seasons. I wouldn't expect them to demand picks in return given their theoretical desperation to clear that cap space, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a team or two in the league willing to bring in a championship experienced veteran as productive as Pau for nothing else in return. Hell, if push came to shove, the Lakers might even still take that deal.

3. San Antonio really doesn't have any picks that are of much worth. Keep in mind that this theoretical trade would be happening post draft so we'd be flipping whatever player they drafted at #29 rather than the pick itself. If San Antonio drafts a player that Brooklyn isn't enamored by it could throw a wrench in the plan. Alternatively, San Antonio could offer a future 1st round pick instead, but I doubt Brooklyn is moved to take Mozgov off our hands by a likely very late 1st round pick a year from now if they aren't already by our 28th pick this year.

I have their contract totals for next season at just under $96MM. Remove Pau or Parker for no incoming money and now you're at about $80MM. Dedmon is opting out so now you're at about $77MM. David Lee should also opt out, which leaves them closer to $75MM. Bryn Forbes' $1.3MM is non-guaranteed, so that's another way to save a little bit of money. If they renounced all of their cap holds (Ginobili, Mills, Simmons, and Joel Anthony), they could offer about $29MM to CP3, but that doesn't take into account some minimum cap holds so the # would actually be less. So they might have to move some more money to get CP3 to a max slot. All in all, it does seem like they would be compromising their depth to bring him in. (Mills and Simmons would almost certainly have to be renounced, and even someone like Kyle Anderson might have to go, even though he only makes just over $2MM.)

If they got CP3 and kept Parker, losing Mills wouldn't hurt as much, but then losing Pau would leave them a bit thin at the 5, since Dedmon has a player option and they are pretty much certain to lose him. They could opt to keep Pau instead and move Parker, who is also expiring (just like Pau would be if he opts in as expected).

As for the draft pick issue, both the Lakers and Brooklyn are not scheduled to have a first round pick next season, so I disagree with the notion that they wouldn't be interested in it, even if it's a very late 1st rounder.

You could have a point about Pau having enough value to where they wouldn't need to attach a pick, though, at least not a 1st. Parker might be a different story, given that he's currently injured. I just question if Pop would actually do that to Parker, however. He's a bully when it comes to the media, but he's not Bill Belichick-like in that he's been extremely loyal to his longtime veterans like Duncan and Manu and even Bruce Bowen earlier.

Last edited by ChickenStu on Fri May 26, 2017 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerFan1972 wrote:
Bring Pau back for one last tour.

It won't just be a tour, he can help our team get wins.

I know. I didn't imply he couldn't. Paul has always been my all time favorite Lakers.

Right after Kobel and Shaql!!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject:

NBA Free Agency: Should the Lakers sign a small forward this summer?

What does the team need on the wing?
Should the Lakers target a small forward in free agency? Why or why not?

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/5/26/15684128/la-lakers-free-agency-nba-small-forward-kevin-durant-luol-deng-brandon-ingram-gordon-hayward
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
NBA Free Agency: Should the Lakers sign a small forward this summer?

What does the team need on the wing?
Should the Lakers target a small forward in free agency? Why or why not?

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/5/26/15684128/la-lakers-free-agency-nba-small-forward-kevin-durant-luol-deng-brandon-ingram-gordon-hayward

Well, I'm not alone about that.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject:

feel like they need a 2 guard more...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
feel like they need a 2 guard more...

Won't they have 3 of them following the draft?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:

Are we adding assets to this (like the #28) or just routing the Spurs assets? Cuz uh...why wouldn't the Nets just deal directly with the SPurs? Get the assets and have Pau for 1 year instead of Moz for 3?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Are we adding assets to this (like the #28) or just routing the Spurs assets? Cuz uh...why wouldn't the Nets just deal directly with the SPurs? Get the assets and have Pau for 1 year instead of Moz for 3?

How dare you bring logic in here?!
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Maybe out of respect to Pau they ask him which teams he would like to be traded to. One of them being the Lakers. But is it too much to assume the Spurs as a respectful organization?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
rebirth wrote:
This is going to be very interesting if CP3 does walk to the Spurs or anywhere else. How are you going to convince Deandre to punk out of a agreed upon deal, sell him on the clipper family then turn around and walk 2 seasons later leaving him on a lottery team. Cant wait to see this playout.

DeAndre can become a free agent after this off-season. If you're Chris Paul you gotta look at the facts. You're probably going to lose J.J. Reddick this summer. You previously strong-armed DeAndre into returning while likely promising him you'd win a championship together and haven't come close. What are the odds you convince him a second time? So if you're Paul and looking after this upcoming season you're very possibly seeing a Clippers team consisting of yourself, Griffin, scrubs, and not enough enough cap space to pursue a max free agent going forward. Will Doc Rivers get demoted or even fired if things don't improve? A lot of uncertainty going forward.

On the flip-side you have the Spurs. The embodiment of consistency. Popovich isn't ever leaving unless of his own accord. Kawhi is locked into a bargain contract for another two years. They've got some decent young prospects in Murray, Anderson, and Bertans. And to top it all off, they project to have even more cap space than the Clippers would after this upcoming season if Aldridge exercises his player option.

How much is the money worth it to Paul?

How much is $200 mil worth? Are you serious?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
For those who say CP3 is all about the money or if that's to imply the situation being about the money. don't you think the Spurs wouldn't bother pursuing him if they at least didn't get the hint that Chris Paul might want to play for a title?

We will pursue him and we give him no chance to win a title.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We will pursue him and we give him no chance to win a title.

I doubt we go after CP3, Lowry is more likely.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Mavericks Should be Watching Lakers, Celtics Closely

While the Los Angeles Lakers are not rich with NBA talent, there are players on the roster that could be a huge score for the Mavs. Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. are interesting options for the Mavs to pursue, should they become available.

With Magic’s interest in assembling a super team, the Lakers may have to jettison one of their younger players, such as Clarkson or Nance Jr. Dallas should look to scoop up whatever remains that Magic sends out onto the free agency wire, and they may have an opportunity to do the same with the Lakers’ rival, the Celtics.

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2017/05/26/mavericks-watching-lakers-celtics-closely/
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Maybe the Nets would reach an agreement with Pau and then waive him.

Then he would have the freedom to join any team on a vet minimum contract.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Who do you want Magic and Rob to call and then sign as a free agent this summer?

POINT GUARDS
Stephen Curry
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Deron Williams
Kyle Lowry
Jrue Holiday
Jeff Teague
George Hill
Darren Collison
Shaun Livingston
Greivis Vasquez
Ty Lawson
Patty Mills
Brandon Jennings
Ramon Sessions (T)
Raymond Felton
Aaron Brooks
Nate Robinson
Jordan Crawford
Gilbert Arenas
Baron Davis
Eric Maynor
Sebastian Telfair
Peyton Siva
Aaron Craft
Nolan Smith
Marquis Teague
Jorge Gutierrez
Deonte Burton
Jahii Carson
Gal Mekel
Yuki Togashi
Will Cherry
Jonny Flynn
Sundiata Gaines
DeMarcus Nelson
Cedric Jackson
Jamaal Tinsley
Rodrigue Beaubois
Acie Law
Dominique Jones
Sergio Rodriguez
Marcus Williams
Luther Head
DeMarcus Nelson
Josh Akognon
Gabe Pruitt

SHOOTING GUARDS
Dwyane Wade (P)
Vince Carter
Tony Allen
Jamal Crawford
Manu Ginobili
J.J. Redick
Eric Gordon
Dion Waiters (P)
Tyreke Evans
Courtney Lee
Evan Turner
Leandro Barbosa
Jason Terry
Kent Bazemore
O.J. Mayo
Gerald Henderson
Rodney Stuckey
Thabo Sefolosha
Gerald Green
Randy Foye
Marcus Thornton
Wayne Ellington
Sergey Karasev
Delonte West
Shannon Brown
Rudy Fernandez
Francisco Garica
Xavier Henry
Rashad McCants
MarShon Brooks
Jamaal Franklin
Julyan Stone
Chris Babb
D.J. Stephens
Othyus Jeffers
Terrel Harris
Patrick Christopher
Cory Higgins
Marquis Daniels
Kareem Rush
Daequan Cook
Flip Murray
Julius Hodge
Maurice Ager
Morris Almond
Josh Childress
Sasha Vujacic
James Anderson
Quincy Douby
Orlando Johnson
Mardy Collins
Julius Hodge
Maurice Ager
Elliot Williams
D.J. Strawberry
Orien Greene

SMALL FOWARDS
Kevin Durant (P)
Andre Iguoldala
Rudy Gay
Gordon Hayward (P)
Danilo Gallinari (P)
Kyle Korver
C.J. Miles (P)
Anthony Morrow
P.J. Tucker
James Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Ronnie Brewer
Jeff Taylor
LaQuinton Ross
C. J. Fair
Dominic McGuire
James Nunnally
Al Thorton
Carlos Delfino
Travis Outlaw
Chris Singleton
Mickael Pietrus
Aleksandar Pavlović
Terrence Williams
Julian Wright
Chris Wright
Marqus Blakely
Jarvis Hayes
Andres Nocioni
Jamario Moon
Sonny Weems
Rodney Carney
Antoine Wright
Lazar Hayward
Joey Graham
Christian Eyenga
Renaldo Balkman
Stephane Lasme
Donta Smith
Shane Edwards
Derrick Brown

POWER FOWARDS
Blake Griffin
Dirk Nowitzki (T)
Paul Millsap (P)
Serge Ibaka
Zach Randolph
Jeff Green
Taj Gibson
David West
Terrence Jones
Brandon Bass
Amir Johnson
Luis Scola
David Lee (P)
Patrick Patterson
Jared Sullinger
Udonis Haslem
Josh Smith
Anthony Bennett
Mike Muscala
Kris Humphries
Derrick Williams
Mike Scott
Ersan Ilyasova
Tyrus Thomas
Jan Vesely
Anthony Randolph
Royce White
JaJuan Johnson
Khem Birch
Craig Brackins
Alfred Aboya
Linas Kleiza
Craig Smith
Hakim Warrick
Shelden Williams
Joe Alexander
Ike Diogu

CENTERS
Pau Gasol (P)
Andrew Bogut
Roy Hibbert
Greg Monroe (P)
Tiago Splitter
Anderson Varejao
Nene
Marreese Speights (P)
Spencer Hawes
Zaza Pachulia
Andrew Bynum
Emeka Okafor
Andray Blatche
Jermaine O'Neal
Andris Biedrins
Brendan Haywood
Hasheem Thabeet
Byron Mullens
Patric Young
Chris Johnson
Artem Klimenko
Greg Stiemsma
Mickell Gladness
Marcus Cousin
Sean Williams
Daniel Orton
Mouhamed Sene
Patrick O'Bryant
Nenad Krstic
Hilton Armstrong
Johan Petro
Jeremy Tyler
Hamady N'Diaye
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm interested in having jordan farmar as backup guard again for a year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm interested in signing Speights never figured out why we didn't sign him last summer.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I'm interested in having jordan farmar as backup guard again for a year.

Third time's a charm? Just move on from this dude.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 715, 716, 717 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 716 of 1813
Jump to: