OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 766, 767, 768 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

dengman wrote:
32 wrote:
Griffin is a loser and he's always injured. I wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole.

I want to send him to Boston but he's 100 going to Miami if you think about what that city offers

I agree, I think he ends up in Miami, and they have a clear need at the 4. He'll love that city, as it lines up with his lifestyle.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
#SchultzBomb

Jordan Schultz‏
Verified account

@Schultz_Report
Following

More
Jordan Schultz Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski
Was told last month - per a source close w/Blake+brother Taylor, Blake wants no part of CP3 and grown increasingly frustrated w/organization

I think we learned a valuable lesson at the draft about listening to the reportage of Mr Schultz.

He actually got some things right, as it related to other teams, I think. I do find it interesting that he only tweeted this now, as opposed to, you know, when he allegedly heard it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
#SchultzBomb

Jordan Schultz‏
Verified account

@Schultz_Report
Following

More
Was told last month - per a source close w/Blake+brother Taylor, Blake wants no part of CP3 and grown increasingly frustrated w/organization

If he likes LA but doesn't like the Clippers, there is only one option left.

The Sparks?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
#SchultzBomb

Jordan Schultz‏
Verified account

@Schultz_Report
Following

More

The Sparks?

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
#SchultzBomb

Jordan Schultz‏
Verified account

@Schultz_Report
Following

More

The Sparks?

The Sparks already have a league MVP at the 4.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
#SchultzBomb

Jordan Schultz‏
Verified account

@Schultz_Report
Following

More

The Sparks?

Juwanna Mann anyone?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

infoman2001 wrote:
I say Lakers attempt to make an offer for Hayward.

Utah made #5 seed with Hill, Hood, Hayward, Favors and Gobert, provided they had some bench depth as well.

But 2017-2018 Lakers squad could potentially look like this:
Ball, Hayward, Ingram, Randle, Lopez.

On paper that could at least be a #7 seed potentially, provided everything progresses in right direction and Ingram & Randle's game improves. Lopez is going to be much more of a contributor to this squad than Mozgov would have ever been. Lakers would essentially just need another shooter off the bench. Lakers would still need around 8-million to offer Hayward a contract, but that is where Clarkson contract comes into play.

Hayward and George reportedly want to play together... if you could trade for PG by sliding him in Clarkson + Randle + 27 + Black salary then sign Hayward, we'd have the start to something pretty special and still have cap space next summer if we stretched Deng... let's say for Cousins?

Cousins/Zu/Bryant
George/Nance
Ingram
Hayward/Hart
Lonzo
daygoboy6191
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
infoman2001 wrote:

Utah made #5 seed with Hill, Hood, Hayward, Favors and Gobert, provided they had some bench depth as well.

On paper that could at least be a #7 seed potentially, provided everything progresses in right direction and Ingram & Randle's game improves. Lopez is going to be much more of a contributor to this squad than Mozgov would have ever been. Lakers would essentially just need another shooter off the bench. Lakers would still need around 8-million to offer Hayward a contract, but that is where Clarkson contract comes into play.

Hayward and George reportedly want to play together... if you could trade for PG by sliding him in Clarkson + Randle + 27 + Black salary then sign Hayward, we'd have the start to something pretty special and still have cap space next summer if we stretched Deng... let's say for Cousins?

Cousins/Zu/Bryant
George/Nance
Ingram
Hayward/Hart
Lonzo

Love Hayward, but George isn't going to come here to play the 4 IMO.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
infoman2001 wrote:

Cousins/Zu/Bryant
George/Nance
Ingram
Hayward/Hart
Lonzo

i really doubt we would have that kind of capspace next summer to sign Cousins

no way
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

daygoboy6191 wrote:
2019 wrote:
infoman2001 wrote:

Cousins/Zu/Bryant
George/Nance
Ingram
Hayward/Hart
Lonzo

Love Hayward, but George isn't going to come here to play the 4 IMO.

Yea, he hated playing there at Indy. Maybe Ingram can come off the bench for a year or two until his body is ready to play 4.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
2019 wrote:
infoman2001 wrote:

Cousins/Zu/Bryant
George/Nance
Ingram
Hayward/Hart
Lonzo

i really doubt we would have that kind of capspace next summer to sign Cousins

no way

If we are getting Cousins, Hayward and PG, FO won't hesitate to do another salary dump. Maybe with Zubac to dump Deng. Maybe a bit more easier as he'd have only 2 years left.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Arron Afflalo just got cut by Sacto.

6-5, 210 lb, 31 years old; still shot .411 from 3 and averaged 8.1 a game in 25.6 minutes.

Local guy, could be worth a 1-year rental.

Would be a solid pickup for the Lakers
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

How about Clarkson, Black, Brewer, and a 2nd for Parker and Green?

Spurs get back Clarkson who could be a nice piece off their bench. They can waive Black's non guaranteed deal and use that 2nd to attach to Brewer to open up cap space.

We get back Green who is a versatile defender and can space the floor and Parker would be a great mentor for Ball.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject:

If Griffin and Paul both leave the Clippers, LA teams might not have an All-Star in the All-Star game. Jordan maybe but that's not a sure thing. Pretty crazy.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

CP0 has held blake back tbh. Dont think its far fetched hed leave to maimi or even Lakers (since lonzo will be spoon feeding him instead of chris dribble dribble paul)
usc/lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

6-5, 210 lb, 31 years old; still shot .411 from 3 and averaged 8.1 a game in 25.6 minutes.

Would be good as a one year rental. Josh Hart kind of reminds me of a younger Afflalo with his toughness and ability to drive to the basket.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Wow. My guess is he tries to sign with a contender first, but if not he'd be perfect to slide in at SG if/when we trade Clarkson.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Wow. My guess is he tries to sign with a contender first, but if not he'd be perfect to slide in at SG if/when we trade Clarkson.

Guys and gals, Afflalo has really declined. Although he can still shoot the 3-ball well, he does almost nothing else well any longer. His advanced statistics are genuinely terrible. No longer a capable defender, he barely shoots, and it's not like he's out there on offense racking up assists and rebounds. I'd just rather see guys like Hart and Nwaba, even, getting minutes instead of Afflalo. If I sign a guy to a 1-year deal, I'd want someone who can actually be a pretty good player. No more Metta World Peaces.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

''When you have this much cap space, we're going to be major players next summer,'' Johnson said. ''The tide has turned. People want to play here again. It's exciting times for the LA Lakers. I wouldn't have made that move if I didn't think I could use that money. Enough said.''
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
''When you have this much cap space, we're going to be major players next summer,'' Johnson said. ''The tide has turned. People want to play here again. It's exciting times for the LA Lakers. I wouldn't have made that move if I didn't think I could use that money. Enough said.''

Byron Scott said the same exact thing.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Guys and gals, Afflalo has really declined. Although he can still shoot the 3-ball well, he does almost nothing else well any longer. His advanced statistics are genuinely terrible. No longer a capable defender, he barely shoots, and it's not like he's out there on offense racking up assists and rebounds. I'd just rather see guys like Hart and Nwaba, even, getting minutes instead of Afflalo. If I sign a guy to a 1-year deal, I'd want someone who can actually be a pretty good player. No more Metta World Peaces.

Well one of the main deficiencies we have on our team right now is outside shooting at the guard spots. Afflalo is a good locker-room guy, knows how to defend and can hit the 3. I think he'd be great for a 1 year contract.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Well one of the main deficiencies we have on our team right now is outside shooting at the guard spots. Afflalo is a good locker-room guy, knows how to defend and can hit the 3. I think he'd be great for a 1 year contract.

I just don't think he has much to offer at this point, but if most of the rest of the roster is full of young players, I'm OK with a cheap contract for a veteran mentor type, so long as they don't play that much and if he's willing to be a good soldier, like Metta was. But I'm the type that prefers to fill roster spots with either young prospects with theoretical upside, or vets that are actually good.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Byron Scott said the same exact thing.

Byron was fired and he wasn't President.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Well, giving the lakers are putting all their ships in 2018's summer, this is what i got for this years free agency(basically all on short term deals, 1 plus 1 or whatever):

PG's

Daren Collison
Livingston
Shelvin Mack

Wings:

CJ Miles
James Johnson
Ian Clark
Jodie Meeks
Justin Holiday
Anthony Morrow

Bigs (although there's no need really)

Dewayne Dedmon
Mike Muscala

Maybe we can go for the big fish and try to sign Blake Griffin though
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Just a question cause I don't know about the the cap space and all that, if we trade Randle and Jc for Pg can we sign Blake this offseason and sign Lebron next offseason? I know it's far fetched but money wise does it work?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 766, 767, 768 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 767 of 1813
Jump to: