OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 806, 807, 808 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
PG13 wrote:
Practice wrote:
PG13 wrote:
If they don't go after Hayward, it is a disservice to the team. Even if he doesn't sign here, you have to make an effort to get that type of player here.

From what we know Hayward is only meeting with Miami, Boston, and Utah.

Well, Magic has some work to do. He was brought in to sell.

They aren't going to go after anyone notable in this free agent class. The Lakers have their eyes set on PG and LeBron in 2018.

Good luck getting both. Should go Hayward and 1 of those two next year.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

2 more days!!!
Anon-kun
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

how much can the LAL spend this offseason?
too lazy to google
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Tim MacMahon‏Verified account @espn_macmahon 1m
1 minute ago
Source on Rockets: "They think they are getting Carmelo or Paul George."

Would be hilarious if this happens.

"Mike D’Antoni comes clean: I quit because of Carmelo"
http://nypost.com/2017/05/09/mike-dantoni-comes-clean-i-quit-because-of-carmelo/

Perhaps history repeats itself to spectacular results
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

I got a notification about George Pell and thought it was for Paul George lol
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Call me skeptical..but I am actually waiting for a top FA to schedule a meeting with us and actually considering our offer..what Magic and Pelinka did was delay this another year without making it sound like a failure since it came from them..but I think they knew they would not have any chance in FA this year. Are we going to improve enough on the court by 2018?
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Hayward's a Celtic for sure. Just the coach and Indiana... Bird... awww.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject:

So I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet...

But with all that ridiculousness regarding tampering wuth PG13, how come no one's raising a hissy fit with what happened with CP3 and Houston???

All the reports are saying that this was all done weeks back...well aren't the rockets not allowed to negotiate anything with CP3 yet? Like really??? And its even more ridiculous that the trade got done because CP3 was going to go to the rockets for sure...and Morey made the requisite moves BEFORE free agency started so they could make use of the MLE...uhhhhh....

If THIS isn't tampering, then i don't know what is...
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Tim MacMahon‏Verified account @espn_macmahon 1m
1 minute ago
Source on Rockets: "They think they are getting Carmelo or Paul George."

Would be hilarious if this happens.

"Mike D’Antoni comes clean: I quit because of Carmelo"
http://nypost.com/2017/05/09/mike-dantoni-comes-clean-i-quit-because-of-carmelo/

Perhaps history repeats itself to spectacular results

Carmelo made it clear he wants to stay in NY or close to it because of his family. He's not gonna approve a trade there UNLESS they know something I don't.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject:

Tim MacHack verified: The Rockets are going to give up a bag of chips and a donut to trade for Paul George. This trade is contingent on the fact that George resigns with the Rockets and he is amicable to do so.
1 minute ago
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Tim MacHack verified: The Rockets are going to give up a bag of chips and a donut to trade for Paul George. This trade is contingent on the fact that George resigns with the Rockets and he is amicable to do so.
1 minute ago

I don't buy it for a second
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
After cp3, I am eagerly waiting for Griffin to bolt

They need to lose Doc Rivers also. His offense of trying to "free" JJ Redick for long contested two point jumpers seems a bit out of tune for today's league.

Blake Griffin is a lot better than many haters are giving him credit for. I would argue CP3 was not as good for him as many thought, he can create and frankly didn't really need a midget barking at him all the time.

DeAndre 39% FT shooting man and the namesake of new shorter NBA Free Agent Cooling Off Period (The DeAndre Jordan Rule) probably could use a poodle nipping at his heels but not Blake.

I love the idea of pursuing Blake. He's a good fit to what we're trying to do.
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

They need to lose Doc Rivers also. His offense of trying to "free" JJ Redick for long contested two point jumpers seems a bit out of tune for today's league.

Blake Griffin is a lot better than many haters are giving him credit for. I would argue CP3 was not as good for him as many thought, he can create and frankly didn't really need a midget barking at him all the time.

DeAndre 39% FT shooting man and the namesake of new shorter NBA Free Agent Cooling Off Period (The DeAndre Jordan Rule) probably could use a poodle nipping at his heels but not Blake.

Blake would be ideal for what we are doing. Unfortunately we don't have the money to pay him....
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

Blake would be ideal for what we are doing. Unfortunately we don't have the money to pay him....

How much more do we need to pay him?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject:

If Hayward signs with the Celtics, I think they will finally make the trade for PG13. Their packages easily beat whatever we can offer, and it seems Pritchard has a personal angle against the Lakers (and our package sucks).

If PG13 joins the Celts with a core of IT/Hayward/Horford/Tatum (assuming something like Bradley/Brown/future Celts or Clips 1sts) go out, I can see them winning or challenging in the ECF. I think there's a legit chance PG13 stays there, gets his 5 years and max % raises.

Yikes.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
1 minute ago

Is it a jelly filled donut?
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

Need to get rid of clarksons contract

How much more do we need to pay him?

Need to get rid of clarksons contract
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:

But with all that ridiculousness regarding tampering wuth PG13, how come no one's raising a hissy fit with what happened with CP3 and Houston???

All the reports are saying that this was all done weeks back...well aren't the rockets not allowed to negotiate anything with CP3 yet? Like really??? And its even more ridiculous that the trade got done because CP3 was going to go to the rockets for sure...and Morey made the requisite moves BEFORE free agency started so they could make use of the MLE...uhhhhh....

It's only classed as tampering if it's the front office. Harden talking to him isn't, and yeah it's a bit ridiculous but that's how it works. As for the moves, supposedly the Clippers reached out to them, but beyond that it would require the Clippers to complain for an investigation to even begin (since he was never a free agent), and they aren't going to seek to void the trade. If someone else complained and it did happen, it would look like this. NBA : So Houston spoke to CP3? yeah, Ballmer : we were ok with that, NBA : fair enough
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Mitch and Jim made two major mistakes:

1) Not drafting/acquiring quality young talent through the 2000's, to carry the Lakers forward into the 2010's in the same way that Kawhi took the torch from Duncan in San Antonio. They didn't have many of those picks, in part because of ownership, and most of them were later in the draft. They didn't do well here, but it wasn't a fireable offense, IMO. We've been bad the last few years because we got old, and we committed 35-40% of the salary cap to a Kobe Bryant who was a shell of himself...which was an organizational decision that went well beyond just Jim & Mitch.

But wasn't Jim essentially in Magic's role and Mitch in Pelinka's role?

How can you give them a pass on the Kobe deal? It was obviously awful from Day 1 and bidding against themselves (a trademark in the Kupchakian Era)

GoldenThroat wrote:

2) The Mozgov & Deng contracts. This was a fireable offense, and they were ultimately canned soon thereafter.

But until then? They'd done a great job of restocking the team. This time a year ago, we had all of the young guys, Lou Williams on a cheap contract, and gobs of cap space. If we kick that can down the road just one more year, we woulda had a shot a LeBron, PG13, the full compliment of the young, talented guys, and had money to spare.

It was fireable but it wasn't soon after.

I would argue they did a terrible job restocking the team. The young guys included multiple draft misses (Mitch's strength?) and they had no chance at LeBron, PG13 or any of the guys in play now under Jim/Mitch.

Or would you argue that?

GoldenThroat wrote:

Rob & Magic's position is very different than we were in at the beginning of this 4 year run, with an old roster & no championship prospects. 2014-2017 were very, very necessary in restocking the cupboard.

Yes, Rob and Magic's position is very different than four years ago...in part because Mitch/Jim did so poor of a job that they left the team not only talent bereft with no cohesion but also had a weak organization with little respect around the league.

You of course are going to "restock" the cupboard a bit when you are a bottom 5 team year after year which is what we have become.

The team has way more hope than they did 12 months ago in most impartial observers eyes. I think it is obvious a change needed to be made and the needle is pointing up. Let's enjoy it!

No, the needle is not pointing up, some are just easily brain washed by rhetoric. The problem continues to exist, a rudderless leadership. Jeanie thinks we can move forward by going backwards. While other franchises are hiring brilliant basketball minds to keep pace with the modern game, she hires someone from the 1980's who thinks Showtime is the answer. Since Dr. Buss passed away and left his incompetent daughter in charge the wheels have fallen off. She oversaw the worst stretch in Laker history and that hasn't changed. The Buss idiots are the problem but enjoy that Kool Aid, PT Barnum was right.
LFAN4LIFE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject:

Just speculation on my end...

What if Celtics don't sign Gordon Hayward? Maybe they go even harder after George. I mean it could be a lose lose for us. Hate to say it.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:

This stuff is going on behind the scenes. That's where Mitch failed; he was too honorable to game the system. There were way too many moving pieces in that trade for morey not to have planned it in advance. It is what it is.

Quote:

Exec: Nobody Is Going To Rat Anybody Out On Tampering

“Every team is looking for an advantage,” one executive said. “The deal got done way too fast for somebody not to be talking already. That happened real quick. But hey, that’s how it goes in this league.”

The Clippers have not complained to the league about a possible tampering violation on Paul, according to an NBA official.

“Everybody uses agents to do their dirty work or they have a star player talk to another player on another team,” one team executive said. “Then it doesn’t affect the [general manager].”
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:

This stuff is going on behind the scenes. That's where Mitch failed; he was too honorable to game the system. There were way too many moving pieces in that trade for morey not to have planned it in advance. It is what it is.

Quote:

“Every team is looking for an advantage,” one executive said. “The deal got done way too fast for somebody not to be talking already. That happened real quick. But hey, that’s how it goes in this league.”

The Clippers have not complained to the league about a possible tampering violation on Paul, according to an NBA official.

“Everybody uses agents to do their dirty work or they have a star player talk to another player on another team,” one team executive said. “Then it doesn’t affect the [general manager].”

That and the Lakers best player at the time wasnt the type to ask other players for help.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:

Quote:

That and the Lakers best player at the time wasnt the type to ask other players for help.

yea well we all know it happens....Just find it hilarious that people cry foul when it's the Lakers. It's been discussed ad naseum but Pritchard is dumb for being bitter
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:

It's only classed as tampering if it's the front office. Harden talking to him isn't, and yeah it's a bit ridiculous but that's how it works. As for the moves, supposedly the Clippers reached out to them, but beyond that it would require the Clippers to complain for an investigation to even begin (since he was never a free agent), and they aren't going to seek to void the trade. If someone else complained and it did happen, it would look like this. NBA : So Houston spoke to CP3? yeah, Ballmer : we were ok with that, NBA : fair enough

Who's to say the Lakers FO reached out to PG?? Is just silly that everyone assumes is tampering for the Lakers but don't say (bleep) when its another team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject:

So what will we have $17M if Black is renounced?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 806, 807, 808 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 807 of 1813
Jump to: