OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1527, 1528, 1529 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The free agent class of 2016 cost a lot of front office staff their positions. All of these guys were either let go or removed from their front office.

Mitch: Gave two large 4-year deals to Mozgov and Deng

Phil: Gave one large 4-year deal to Noah and two smaller 4-year deals to Courtney Lee and Lance Thomas that aggregate to a large deal

Budz: Gave Bazemore a 4-year deal and Dwight a 3-year deal (which cost them Horford and required them to take on Miles Plumlee's 4-year deal to get out of a year later).

Hennigan: Gave Biyombo and Augustin 4-year deals. Gave Fournier a 5-year deal.

Griffin: Gave Tristan Thompson and JR Smith 4-year deals

These guys are on the clock:

Oshley: Gave large 4-year deals to Evan Turner and Meyers Leonard, matched a large 4-year deal to Allen Crabbe. Also gave 3-years to Moe Harkless.

Wallace: Gave Chandler Parsons a 4-year max deal and Conoly a 5-year max deal.

Demps: Gave Solomon Hill and E'Twaun Moore 4-year deals (after previously resigning to a long contract).

GMs with absolutely zero control of themselves over the amount of cap space they had.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
If Deng shows in practice that he deserves playing time, then he should get time. We aren't tanking so performing the best we can will benefit us in the future.

thats the reason he should not be playing any mins

You not going to the playoffs...say it with me. We are not going to the playoffs....we not tanking but you not going to Vegas and put bets on us going to the playoffs either. We building the youth and trying to create cap space for this crazy cap plan like the pinky and the brain plan...lol

huh? i said the same thing. he has no value or place on this roster. keep him inactive

To do that would somewhat be the same thing done to young by bscott sit him and then wonder why you can't trade him. You want him gone? Play him or get Allen Houstoned...your choice.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
If Deng shows in practice that he deserves playing time, then he should get time. We aren't tanking so performing the best we can will benefit us in the future.

You not going to the playoffs...say it with me. We are not going to the playoffs....we not tanking but you not going to Vegas and put bets on us going to the playoffs either. We building the youth and trying to create cap space for this crazy cap plan like the pinky and the brain plan...lol

huh? i said the same thing. he has no value or place on this roster. keep him inactive

To do that would somewhat be the same thing done to young by bscott sit him and then wonder why you can't trade him. You want him gone? Play him or get Allen Houstoned...your choice.

Deactivate him and waive him next year.

Goodbye and move on.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Does anyone know if Deng is one of the "9 or 10 guys" that's in the gym every day? If he isn't, he's not helping his case very much to be part of this team moving forward. He seems like a really good guy, but if he does get dealt, I wouldn't feel bad one bit. He can dry his eyes with some of that $54M remaining.

Will you feel bad if we have to attach draft picks to do that...I will because that's how good teams are now being structured and built via the draft .

I'd see where this team stands near the trade deadline, but because we're going to be serious players next off season, my hope is that we will be a playoff team starting next year especially if we exceed expectations this year. So I wouldn't mind as much if those picks turn out to be mid-late rounders anyway. We can then shift our focus to adding bargain veterans instead of rookies with potential.

We have to look out for the Boogie situation in NOLA.

He's not re-signing there obviously.

They might want Randle than to lose him for nothing in free agency.

NOLA got Cousins for Hield, Evans, Galloway, a 1st (Top-3 protected) and a 2nd. Theoretically all we'd have to do is beat that deal for them not to think they lost out altogether. Randle, Deng, Brewer, future 1st for Cousins, Moore, and SAC's 2nd could get it done, especially if Cousins won't give NOLA a long term commitment.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
King Randle wrote:
I don't think they'll move anyone before the start of the season unless they get a valid offer involving Deng. I think they'll roll with this squad and see how they're doing come the trade deadline. If they're fighting for the 8th seed I see them holding on to the main contributors of the squad and make their moves in the off season ( not including Deng who should be moved any chance they get). If they're too far out from and 8th seed then I see them moving JC and hopefully Deng at the deadline.

I think they need to get Deng on the court at PF with Lonzo. Zo might actually make Deng look like he can still play.

Good luck with that....Randle, Nance and Kuzma are ahead of him at PF. And Ingram and Brewer are ahead of him at SF...and to top it off he's too slow to play SF. Deng is absolutely done...I just hope his agent finds a taker form him and we can deal Deng and his disastrous contract.

There is no way that Deng is not in the rotation. We may not like it, but Deng is playing as long as he's here.

Are you out of your mind? He got benched last year because he's pathetic. He aged 10 years in 1 year. Randle, Nance and Kuzma (who btw Pelinka and Magic love) are the future and energy of the bigs. When is the last time you heard either Magic Pelinka or Luke say "We expect big things from Deng this year." You haven't because he's a dang footnote with a ridiculous contract who cant play worth a lick.

Out of your mind? You think this is nba 2k where you can just magically make him disappear? Lol...you want him to be the Allen Houston of the lakers....no salary for a team because of the huge pink elephant in corner who we don't play because umm "youth" reasons. We not making the playoffs this year soooo don't even make the call to miss Cleo it's not happening. Sooo it behoves the team to play him to get his value up or he will be stuck in our hand like a old maid card...this is not nba 2k nor fizzy logic mathematics.

Dude we're stuck with him. He can't play. Showcase what? That he can't play. Do you understand we're going to have to stretch this fool because he is UNTRADEABLE! That's how you make him disappear. Get his value up...Hilarious!

You going to pay him to sit at home and watch tv? Pffft lmao!!!! Whew!! How about giving him minutes at forward off the bench what he was doing in Miami. Smh he couldn't be at that position last year due to Ingram being a rookie at sf. He couldn't play that position because he was too slow but Ingram couldn't play it either smh. He got value of you put him at his correct position.

Yeah...keep telling yourself that. Play him because we owe him money. Dumbest reason I've ever heard. You must really not watch any basketball bro....

Says the person wanting to stretch that long contract and don't think a player can improve like Nick young after getting away from tank commander...please this ain't nba 2k lol! Hey if you ask realllly nice he might give you a huuuugely discount on his buyout because well "we're the lakers" or just put in your cheat code to force him to disappear from the books or force another GM to stop laughing at you when you say his name in any trade you want to make...lol!
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

he has no value. even if he played 30mins a game.

you have to attach multiple picks to get rid of him anyways.

so do yourself a favor, play young guys. keep him inactive and trade next summer
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

Wow. Rockets are up for sale? Ouch!
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

Can't stress this enough...you want a player gone then play them and put them in a position POWER FORWARD not SF that they naturally should be at especially since you not making the playoffs....trading picks and the future? Smh
kobeslaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Alexander knows they are not going to win anything since GS always there. And once GS regressed, that means James Harden regressed too.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Can't stress this enough...you want a player gone then play them and put them in a position POWER FORWARD not SF that they naturally should be at especially since you not making the playoffs....trading picks and the future? Smh

randle, Nance, Kuzma and even Thomas need time at 4. they are future of this team.

no team in their right mind is going to take that 54/3yr contract unless you add couple of sweeteners.

he got his chance last year, came to the camp out of shape and didnt produce.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

kobeslaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Alexander knows they are not going to win anything since GS always there. And once GS regressed, that means James Harden regressed too.

He probably should have done that before the massive harden/cp3 deals. Drama in Houston ensuing!
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kobeslaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

He probably should have done that before the massive harden/cp3 deals. Drama in Houston ensuing!

the price goes up with those 2, not down
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

he has no value. even if he played 30mins a game.

you have to attach multiple picks to get rid of him anyways.

so do yourself a favor, play young guys. keep him inactive and trade next summer

We already saw his prime and he was a fringe All Star. Now he's past it, it's hopeless to think that we can get it anything for him. He's not part of our long term plan. He's actually an obstacle and waste of time and cap space that we should need to get rid of. I rather play Nance and Kuz then painstakingly give him minutes hoping we can get a sucker to take him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobeslaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

the price goes up with those 2, not down

On supermax deals? I dunno man.

I can totally see a new owner deciding he doesnt want to pay CP3 the supermax at his age
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

randle, Nance, Kuzma and even Thomas need time at 4. they are future of this team.

no team in their right mind is going to take that 54/3yr contract unless you add couple of sweeteners.

He played small forward and should never been a starter. He is a bench player at his career now and should be a 4. What were you expecting of putting him At the wrong position and as a starter by default? What kind of numbers were you expecting.?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
King Randle wrote:
I don't think they'll move anyone before the start of the season unless they get a valid offer involving Deng. I think they'll roll with this squad and see how they're doing come the trade deadline. If they're fighting for the 8th seed I see them holding on to the main contributors of the squad and make their moves in the off season ( not including Deng who should be moved any chance they get). If they're too far out from and 8th seed then I see them moving JC and hopefully Deng at the deadline.

I think they need to get Deng on the court at PF with Lonzo. Zo might actually make Deng look like he can still play.

Good luck with that....Randle, Nance and Kuzma are ahead of him at PF. And Ingram and Brewer are ahead of him at SF...and to top it off he's too slow to play SF. Deng is absolutely done...I just hope his agent finds a taker form him and we can deal Deng and his disastrous contract.

There is no way that Deng is not in the rotation. We may not like it, but Deng is playing as long as he's here.

Are you out of your mind? He got benched last year because he's pathetic. He aged 10 years in 1 year. Randle, Nance and Kuzma (who btw Pelinka and Magic love) are the future and energy of the bigs. When is the last time you heard either Magic Pelinka or Luke say "We expect big things from Deng this year." You haven't because he's a dang footnote with a ridiculous contract who cant play worth a lick.

Out of your mind? You think this is nba 2k where you can just magically make him disappear? Lol...you want him to be the Allen Houston of the lakers....no salary for a team because of the huge pink elephant in corner who we don't play because umm "youth" reasons. We not making the playoffs this year soooo don't even make the call to miss Cleo it's not happening. Sooo it behoves the team to play him to get his value up or he will be stuck in our hand like a old maid card...this is not nba 2k nor fizzy logic mathematics.

Dude we're stuck with him. He can't play. Showcase what? That he can't play. Do you understand we're going to have to stretch this fool because he is UNTRADEABLE! That's how you make him disappear. Get his value up...Hilarious!

You going to pay him to sit at home and watch tv? Pffft lmao!!!! Whew!! How about giving him minutes at forward off the bench what he was doing in Miami. Smh he couldn't be at that position last year due to Ingram being a rookie at sf. He couldn't play that position because he was too slow but Ingram couldn't play it either smh. He got value of you put him at his correct position.

Yeah...keep telling yourself that. Play him because we owe him money. Dumbest reason I've ever heard. You must really not watch any basketball bro....

Says the person wanting to stretch that long contract and don't think a player can improve like Nick young after getting away from tank commander...please this ain't nba 2k lol! Hey if you ask realllly nice he might give you a huuuugely discount on his buyout because well "we're the lakers" or just put in your cheat code to force him to disappear from the books or force another GM to stop laughing at you when you say his name in any trade you want to make...lol!

You have to understand his signing is from the old regime who flat out set us back 4 years. The new FO wants to change the culture..bring in a winning culture...if that means winning 35 games so be it. They will not sacrifice the development of Randle, Nance and Kuzma to play Deng. Ain't happening unless Deng completely impresses in pre-season which I highly doubt. This new FO is about change and winning and they're not going to take 2 steps back to "showcase" a player that has no value. Since you keep bringing up NBA 2K, I suggest you go back to playing it.

I made my point...you made yours...don't respond back. We're done
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

He played small forward and should never been a starter. He is a bench player at his career now and should be a 4. What were you expecting of putting him At the wrong position and as a starter by default? What kind of numbers were you expecting.?

Ask the two men who were fired. When it was first announced I was like "oh, he must be our starting 4. wait, wuh?".
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

the previous management panicked and gave him that monster contract when we had 2 young guys at that position.

i wasn't expecting signing him at all. no team thats trying to win is going to take on that contract
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
King Randle wrote:

See you in a week, and not for long if you're going to keep being you.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote Trains...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote Trains...

That last one was necessary for context.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know what's going on with Ennis?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
King Randle wrote:

You have to understand his signing is from the old regime who flat out set us back 4 years. The new FO wants to change the culture..bring in a winning culture...if that means winning 35 games so be it. They will not sacrifice the development of Randle, Nance and Kuzma to play Deng. Ain't happening unless Deng completely impresses in pre-season which I highly doubt. This new FO is about change and winning and they're not going to take 2 steps back to "showcase" a player that has no value. Since you keep bringing up NBA 2K, I suggest you go back to playing it.

I made my point...you made yours...don't respond back. We're done

New regime doing the same stuff as the old one i.e. The cap space plan that's not anything newww...I've seen it fail since its birth of trying to get Yao Ming. Winning culture? The lakers has always been about winning ooo don't say well we haven't been in the playoffs for four years. I'll say big whoooop! the Wizards/clippers/ Dallas/Celtics/Suns haven't sniff finals since when? And you whine about bad years pffft. Jim and Mitch were here during the formation of shaq and Kobe and the Paul and Kobe Odin eras also! Lakers short term memory I know! I'm a Oakland Raiders fan before chuckie don't even fix yourself to talk about bad years....again you play a player to show his worth that doesn't mean it's stunting others growth in doing it and he won't if your coach has any spec of skills. Go back and play arm chair GM now we done here.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

How about justobserving for three days and considering not escalating poor behavior by others, especially when a mod has already handled it...
Laker Junkie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Assuming the 2 full max cap space plan, could we potentially trade some combination of Deng plus Randle/Clarkson/Picks for PG13 or Lebron next summer?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1527, 1528, 1529 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 1528 of 1813
Jump to: