OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1669, 1670, 1671 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I haven't been the biggest Boogie fan, but he is a talented player.

I honestly do not think I could cheer for him.

Why's that? Coach killer history?

I know he's full of drama, but I think he's fun.

I think he is fun too.. on another team. His theatrics are team chemistry killers. His bad shots and uninspired defense when he gets moody is who he is. Why would that change in a Laker uniform? Because Magic said "stop it"?

First of all it will be interesting to see if he even makes it to free agency. NO is not a bad situation. Guessing the Pelicans will be going all out to keep him. And if he emotionally blows out of another team why risk signing him as a cornerstone. Talented player but a knucklehead.

Secondly, I am interested to see how Lopez fits in with the team this year. Solid smart player. Only 29 years old and had a pretty good year shooting the 3pt last year. If he can have a good season it opens the possibility of signing him for much less then Cousins. Not as good a player but perhaps a better fit for what the Lakers could be building with the young team.

I am liking the potential of the team chemistry with this roster and Walton in his 2nd year. Now up to the players to prove their worth on the court.

JMO but if this roster can be competitive and develop some chemistry it could change the options next summer.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

TylersLakers wrote:
So by all reports, we're done?

Disappointing.

I am glad....that last spot will be earned by a camp invitee. Hoping PJ Dozier shows enough to get last spot or the other 2 way contract.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

Disappointing? LOL...wow, I assume you were kidding. A+ for the Lakers and nothing less.

TylersLakers wrote:

Disappointing.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:

Disappointing.

I am glad....that last spot will be earned by a camp invitee. Hoping PJ Dozier shows enough to get last spot or the other 2 way contract.

absolutely, give the camp invitee a real chance to fight for a roster spot then if better option arise midseason (say somebody got bought out), he can be cut and replaced
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
I think we should all accept the fact this is our roster going into the season. There is no Wade trade and I don't see any takers for Deng, so this is it.

What I found interesting all Lakers under contract showed up at least once to support the team in Vegas. Lopez, Brewer, Randle, Nance, JC. And a number of Lakers showed up for the KPC press conference. Who hasn't made an appearance at all? Deng. His agent should be looking for a way to get him off this team. I see him as a malcontent this year if he gets no PT. The fans don't care for him and he hasn't been mentioned not once by the FO. In fact, I see Brewer fitting in much better than Deng on this team. Brewer runs the floor and brings energy. Deng...nothing.

If there was a good possibility that Deng could get another contract several years from now, then it would make sense for his agent to find a better situation for Deng to showcase his talents. Since the opinion of most is that Deng will be through in the NBA once his current contract ends, I don't see the incentive for the agent to look for a place that will give Deng extended playing time.

Even if the agent had incentive to find Deng a new team, I don't see how he would be more successful than the FO along with some keyboard pounders (us) have been at that task. There are only 29 other NBA teams, so the call list for the FO isn't that long.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
How about this trade to get rid of Deng?

Lakers get:
Greg Monroe

Bucks get:
Wes Matthews

Mavs get:
Luol Deng
Ivica Zubac
LAL 2020 1st

We get Monroe who is an expiring contract and would give us more cap space for 2018. He would also be a good backup for Lopez and a possible trade chip at the deadline.

Bucks need to get some perimeter shooting. Matthews could provide that and he also is familiar with the city having played at Marquette during his college days.

Mavs and Noel are at a stalemate and they don't want to pay him what he is seeking. Zubac is a younger and cheaper alternative and comes without the serious injury history. As compensation for taking on Deng they get a future 1st from us.

Who says no?

DALLAS, they could deal directly for Monroe and never have Deng.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

rmtm07 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Ennis is a good sign It's nice when the FO has a vision and they try to stick to it

yep totally agree. stick to what they really envision

Lottery?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I find him and his actions to be repulsive, and on top of that, there is no way I am using that much of my cap on that type of center. Yes, he can shoot and has a few non-traditional skills for a big man, but at the end of the day he is still a slow plodder that usually gives about 70% effort.

I still think it's likely LBJ + PG13, with the cap casualties being Deng/JC/Jules if that's the case.

the funny thing is, no matter who we can really add, so much still relies on Ball and Ingram reaching their expected potential.

Only when they do anyone we sign next offseason will be at the end of their prime.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

rmtm07 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Ennis is a good sign It's nice when the FO has a vision and they try to stick to it

Ennis is Steve Nash incarnate!

We traded 4 picks for Nash, and 1 of those picks ended up being used in a trade to draft Ennis.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I find him and his actions to be repulsive, and on top of that, there is no way I am using that much of my cap on that type of center. Yes, he can shoot and has a few non-traditional skills for a big man, but at the end of the day he is still a slow plodder that usually gives about 70% effort.

I still think it's likely LBJ + PG13, with the cap casualties being Deng/JC/Jules if that's the case.

the funny thing is, no matter who we can really add, so much still relies on Ball and Ingram reaching their expected potential.

Only when they do anyone we sign next offseason will be at the end of their prime.

huh? not understanding what your saying
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
rmtm07 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Ennis is Steve Nash incarnate!

We traded 4 picks for Nash, and 1 of those picks ended up being used in a trade to draft Ennis.

The Circle of Life!

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think he's saying that Lonzo/Ingram's trajectory do not match with the 2 max players' trajectory (who are in prime now).
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think he's saying that Lonzo/Ingram's trajectory do not match with the 2 max players' trajectory (who are in prime now).

doesn't have to. if they all were same age range & as productive, we couldn't afford the other 2 max anyways

thats flawed logic, 1 to just argue
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
doesn't have to. if they all were same age range & as productive, we couldn't afford the other 2 max anyways

Yeah. I think Lonzo/Ingram should be attractive to older players knowing that when they slip (over 4 year deal), these kids will be entering their prime. LBJ/PG13 aren't stupid, they know the deal that they are just kids who have a promising future.

I just hope the Lakers don't trade them unnecessarily to appease the desire to get a veteran player on a shorter window.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I just can't see Chicago having any interest in JC.

Keep in mind that Lavine may not be ready to start the season AND Lavine is a free agent in 2018. Clarkson gives them a similar prospect who (a) can play from the get go and (b) may be Lavine insurance. Frankly, I could see Lavine going simply because Chicago is too early in their rebuild to start handing out big long-term (4+ year) contracts. Deng and Clarkson, at only 3 years left with deals below $20 mil. per year, barely fit, IMO, into the rebuild plan. By the time Chicago is ready, they are both gone (or maybe Clarkson stays if he earns it).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Keep in mind that Lavine may not be ready to start the season AND Lavine is a free agent in 2018. Clarkson gives them a similar prospect who (a) can play from the get go and (b) may be Lavine insurance. Frankly, I could see Lavine going simply because Chicago is too early in their rebuild to start handing out big long-term (4+ year) contracts. Deng and Clarkson, at only 3 years left with deals below $20 mil. per year, barely fit, IMO, into the rebuild plan. By the time Chicago is ready, they are both gone (or maybe Clarkson stays if he earns it).

DWade off the bench would be pretty sweet.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

More likely, a JC + Brewer for Wade may be more palpable. Deng, we probably will end up stretching him.

I agree with your logic on Lavine; he's not a sure thing in Chicago b/c of injury/contract.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

As much as I'd like for your line of thinking to be reflective of the Bulls FO game plan - I don't think it's realistic. Good job on selling them on the concept though
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

DWade off the bench would be pretty sweet.

Strong enough to guard SFs and has an insane wingspan to boot. Could see a lot of 3 guard rotations.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
rmtm07 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Lottery?

I was guessing VLF would post the exact word.

I was right
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah. I think Lonzo/Ingram should be attractive to older players knowing that when they slip (over 4 year deal), these kids will be entering their prime. LBJ/PG13 aren't stupid, they know the deal that they are just kids who have a promising future.

I just hope the Lakers don't trade them unnecessarily to appease the desire to get a veteran player on a shorter window.

Lonzo is the chosen 1 so he will be here.

you don't think PG won't love his coaching putting Ingram on defensive assignment while he concentrates on the O side?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Lonzo is the chosen 1 so he will be here.

you don't think PG won't love his coaching putting Ingram on defensive assignment while he concentrates on the O side?

One would hope.

It's like the "go fetch the TV remote" concept with younger kids. PG13/LBJ can rely on Ingram to be the workhorse and when it comes to closing time, they can conserve their energy.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

Isn't Wade on the Hornets?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Crazy idea to get half-banana boat team here.

Trade JC/Brewer/2 2nd rounders for Wade.

Wade stays in 2017-18 as a 6th man playing 2-3 positions.

In 2018, we re-sign him on a small deal, and keep his Bird rights intact. In 2019, we would have full Bird rights and then we can give him a better (but reasonable) deal. LBJ/PG13 join the team in 2018.

Crazy?
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

One would hope.

It's like the "go fetch the TV remote" concept with younger kids. PG13/LBJ can rely on Ingram to be the workhorse and when it comes to closing time, they can conserve their energy.

yupe
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1669, 1670, 1671 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 1670 of 1813
Jump to: