OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1672, 1673, 1674 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Crazy idea to get half-banana boat team here.

Trade JC/Brewer/2 2nd rounders for Wade.

Wade stays in 2017-18 as a 6th man playing 2-3 positions.

In 2018, we re-sign him on a small deal, and keep his Bird rights intact. In 2019, we would have full Bird rights and then we can give him a better (but reasonable) deal. LBJ/PG13 join the team in 2018.

Crazy?

Wade's cap hold would be around $35 mil.

Which won't matter if he agrees to a tiny deal (preserving his Bird rights to 2019) where he could get a reasonable deal to be an Iggy type of veteran bench player. Emphasis on reasonable.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
To clear up the Wade thing, the Lakers were interested in him before they got KCP. That was an option.

And Chicago wanted no part of trading him.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

In 2018, we re-sign him on a small deal, and keep his Bird rights intact. In 2019, we would have full Bird rights and then we can give him a better (but reasonable) deal. LBJ/PG13 join the team in 2018.

Crazy?

If we signed him to a "smaller" 1 year deal, that negates his cap hold, and we retain his bird rights. Say we sign him to the room exception for 1 year with the promise we'd give him a larger deal in the 2019 off-season.

I think that's what yinoma was saying
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Crazy?

If we signed him to a "smaller" 1 year deal, that negates his cap hold, and we retain his bird rights. Say we sign him to the room exception for 1 year with the promise we'd give him a larger deal in the 2019 off-season.

Yessir. This would be a wink wink deal. Of course Wade would have to be ok with a reserve role and his 2019 extension would not be a lengthy one nor would it be a huge $ deal.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
My true dream scenario would be:

Jules (fully actualized small ball 5 version of him)/Nance/Zu
BI/Kuz
PG13
Klay/Hart
Lonzo

And fill the rest of the roster out with just about any semi-competent reserves. I'm not sure if that's doable financially (mainly keeping Jules in 2018, while maintaining cap space for Klay in 2019), but I see it as the best option to compete with the Warriors (weakened in the process) in 2 years.

So that extra half inch per arm is enough to make one a top defender?
Unfortunately I don't think Jules can be a great small ball 5 unless his arms grow a few more inches. Maybe effort can make up for that, but that's what makes Draymond a great defender. His arms are long enough, and his base is strong enough to defend 5's. He can also rim protect with his long arms. And he hits 3's occasionally, so you can't play lumbering centers against Draymond.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I do not like Cousins, but more importantly, I do not think a championship team can spend that large of their cap on traditional Center....think you have to have elite perimeter players and a capable Center.

Agree with the bolded, I only used his age to make a point.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Crazy?

Yessir. This would be a wink wink deal. Of course Wade would have to be ok with a reserve role and his 2019 extension would not be a lengthy one nor would it be a huge $ deal.

Great so Wade will win ring #4 & #5 riding the middle to end of our bench in two seasons... 😂😂😂

I all seriousness, I respect Wade a ton.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Crazy?

Great so Wade will win ring #4 & #5 riding the middle to end of our bench in two seasons... 😂😂😂

I all seriousness, I respect Wade a ton.

I think as he ages, he will guard the 2/3 positions and be a shorter Iggy type player. And will be compensated less too. Sure, he can try to chase the $ and starting gig, but look what happened in Chicago.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
32 wrote:
Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes

ESPN Sources: LeBron James invites Derrick Rose to work out with him this week in Las Vegas along with Eric Bledsoe.

LeBron should be careful... Those two have some pretty awful ACL juju

LeBron is taking them to an isolated medical location for some VitaBron's... they'll be fine.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don't believe the fact that we are done with our off season,

There is a chance that a Melo and a Irving trade will involve multiple teams and there is gonna be a team looking to throw away assets and the Lakers can be in a position to grab guys like Tyson Chandler or Ariza. What the report said was that we are done with FA.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/890227148811898881

Would be real ironic if Wiggins goes to Cleveland, were they wanted to trade him for a vet to entice LeBron.... I wonder if we can perhaps get some assets from the Wolves or Cleveland if they end up making a trade.

What useful function would the Lakers provide to justify having some assets sent to them?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

There is a chance that a Melo and a Irving trade will involve multiple teams and there is gonna be a team looking to throw away assets and the Lakers can be in a position to grab guys like Tyson Chandler or Ariza. What the report said was that we are done with FA.

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Would be real ironic if Wiggins goes to Cleveland, were they wanted to trade him for a vet to entice LeBron.... I wonder if we can perhaps get some assets from the Wolves or Cleveland if they end up making a trade.

What useful function would the Lakers provide to justify having some assets sent to them?

I believe guys like Zu and Clarkson hold value, and I can see a team like Cleveland willing to take a chance on Deng.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I believe guys like Zu and Clarkson hold value, and I can see a team like Cleveland willing to take a chance on Deng.

I highly doubt that Cleveland would have interest in Deng with that contract.....but that would be great if they did.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I keep thinking a nice landing spot for Deng is Milwaukee. Good mentor for Thin and Gianni's while also fitting their physical archetype and offering some veteran guile to defend LeBron in a series. Perhaps more importantly they have several contracts that make sense if LA is trying to break Deng's deal into pieces including some of it expiring (Hawes).
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

mildly interesting, Clark might have actually turned us down not that it's any great loss

Darren Wolfson: In addition to T. Allen, one FA the #Twolves remain interested in is Ian Clark, I hear. Word also is he’s turned down other minimum offers. – via Twitter DWolfsonKSTP
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

My goodness, Wade 4 the room exception! Man, a little respect will be helpful here. Thank my beloved Arecibo Captains here in Puerto Rico going for the repeat & in the finals 4 years in a row; will give me some basket to see & enjoy. You fellas are losing too many neurons in here...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
mildly interesting, Clark might have actually turned us down not that it's any great loss

Darren Wolfson: In addition to T. Allen, one FA the #Twolves remain interested in is Ian Clark, I hear. Word also is he’s turned down other minimum offers. – via Twitter DWolfsonKSTP

Good thing we didn't offer the minimum.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Is that surprising? He could've gotten that from the Warriors and stayed on a championship team.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I highly doubt that Cleveland would have interest in Deng with that contract.....but that would be great if they did.

LeBron is out of there next summer, they know no one will ever step a foot in that team in FA ever again, they know they have to get better by taking on long term deals, like the Nets are trying to build.... Deng would actually be interesting in Cleveland, he reunites with Rose and gets a chance to play for a ring, the Cavs probably don't care about future flexibility.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I keep thinking a nice landing spot for Deng is Milwaukee. Good mentor for Thin and Gianni's while also fitting their physical archetype and offering some veteran guile to defend LeBron in a series. Perhaps more importantly they have several contracts that make sense if LA is trying to break Deng's deal into pieces including some of it expiring (Hawes).

Teams may be looking to unload players like Wade or Monroe but no team is paying $54 million for a "mentor" or "fan favorite" who had the kind of season Deng had last year. While Deng may have been a veteran presence I don't recall hearing a single young Laker comment about it. Was he even on the bench after they shut him down?

If the Bucks were really that interested in veteran influence they could just trade Monroe for DWade. Wade's played in almost three times as many playoff games as Deng as well as five finals.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Where do you guys think Irving will end up? I have this funny feeling that the Clippers are gonna pursue a Irving trade, they have a respected NBA peer in West and I can see Irving looking to play in Cali.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Teams may be looking to unload players like Wade or Monroe but no team is paying $54 million for a "mentor" or "fan favorite" who had the kind of season Deng had last year. While Deng may have been a veteran presence I don't recall hearing a single young Laker comment about it. Was he even on the bench after they shut him down?

If the Bucks were really that interested in veteran influence they could just trade Monroe for DWade. Wade's played in almost three times as many playoff games as Deng as well as five finals.

Unless we find a team that is truly naiive, we are probably stretching him because the two main assets everyone wants we aren't parting with.

Things can change, but Maginka have a lot of work to do still if they want to ship him out.

Bye.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Where do you guys think Irving will end up? I have this funny feeling that the Clippers are gonna pursue a Irving trade, they have a respected NBA peer in West and I can see Irving looking to play in Cali.

No idea. It depends on what ratio of Keep-Bron-Happy vs. Build-for-the-Future they decide.

I did like the Bledsoe/Jackson idea. Then the Cavs can also look to dump the Shump and save some money. Suns say Jackson is off-limits though.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I think the best place Kyrie could wind up is Milwaukee but I don't think the Bucks are parting with Giannis or Parker so....
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I think the best place Kyrie could wind up is Milwaukee but I don't think the Bucks are parting with Giannis or Parker so....

They would absolutely part with Jabari, but why would CLE want him? Injury prone, one-way guy, no playoff experience
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Still think melo goes to cle and irving ends up in NY, even with all the houston talk.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1672, 1673, 1674 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 1673 of 1813
Jump to: