OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1673, 1674, 1675 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don't believe the fact that we are done with our off season,

There is a chance that a Melo and a Irving trade will involve multiple teams and there is gonna be a team looking to throw away assets and the Lakers can be in a position to grab guys like Tyson Chandler or Ariza. What the report said was that we are done with FA.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/890227148811898881

Would be real ironic if Wiggins goes to Cleveland, were they wanted to trade him for a vet to entice LeBron.... I wonder if we can perhaps get some assets from the Wolves or Cleveland if they end up making a trade.

What useful function would the Lakers provide to justify having some assets sent to them?

I believe guys like Zu and Clarkson hold value, and I can see a team like Cleveland willing to take a chance on Deng.

If Deng is involved in a deal for Kyrie and Melo, obviously we'd be the ones taking back the good assets.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I think the best place Kyrie could wind up is Milwaukee but I don't think the Bucks are parting with Giannis or Parker so....

I don't know where Kyrie ends up but one thing I'm reasonably sure of is it won't be based on "best place for Kyrie".
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Where do you guys think Irving will end up? I have this funny feeling that the Clippers are gonna pursue a Irving trade, they have a respected NBA peer in West and I can see Irving looking to play in Cali.

Still think melo goes to cle and irving ends up in NY, even with all the houston talk.

I can see that, but why would Cleveland get only Melo for Irving at the very least the Cavs would ask for Melo and that new PG they drafted.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
MJST wrote:
I think the best place Kyrie could wind up is Milwaukee but I don't think the Bucks are parting with Giannis or Parker so....

I don't know where Kyrie ends up but one thing I'm reasonably sure of is it won't be based on "best place for Kyrie".

Yep kinda like the PG13 trade, no one was talking about OKC and mostly it was Boston and Cleveland, then out of no where, he gets traded to a place he probably won't see as the best place for him.

So if Irving gets traded it's probably to a team no one has talked about.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Where do you guys think Irving will end up? I have this funny feeling that the Clippers are gonna pursue a Irving trade, they have a respected NBA peer in West and I can see Irving looking to play in Cali.

Still think melo goes to cle and irving ends up in NY, even with all the houston talk.

I can see that, but why would Cleveland get only Melo for Irving at the very least the Cavs would ask for Melo and that new PG they drafted.

So many possibilities...just saying i think melo is a cav and irving is a knick.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Bledsoe seems like a decent bet to end up in Cleveland. When you combine the fact that he is one of the best point guards that should be realistically available for trade with the fact that he has the obvious connection with LeBron, I don't think it's a stretch to connect those dots. The question will be if the Suns and Cavs can match up directly, or if they have to involve a third team. I don't have much doubt that the Suns would love to end up with Kyrie; they have been sniffing around on trying to acquire a veteran talent to pair with Booker all summer, even before the draft. The Suns, rightfully, have no desire to part with Josh Jackson. I wonder if something like Bledsoe and Chandler and Chriss (or Bender) could work, with Irving and Shumpert and Felder going to the Suns.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8abkjp2
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

So many possibilities...just saying i think melo is a cav and irving is a knick.

If so hopefully we get some expiring contracts that can also help the team.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We wont be involved at all.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Even if we aren't, I would like to see if the Bucks or Bulls would want to take on Deng.

Hawes and Delly or Lopez and Wade. we would also add assets like picks and players to entice those teams.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Even if we aren't, I would like to see if the Bucks or Bulls would want to take on Deng.

Hawes and Delly or Lopez and Wade. we would also add assets like picks and players to entice those teams.

Deng isnt going anywhere. Really let it alone.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Brown agreed to a two-way deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @wojespn
Free agent guard Anthony Brown has agreed to a two-way deal with Minnesota, a league source tells ESPN.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
Free agent guard Anthony Brown has agreed to a two-way deal with Minnesota, a league source tells ESPN.

Old news...4th team for the kid...one of the few misses we have had recently.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Old news...4th team for the kid...one of the few misses we have had recently.

Yeah they picked him up 2 days ago. Just putting it out there since he was a former Laker and because its a good deal for him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yalv9os4

Updated version of the much-discussed Deng trade, at least by me! I've been thinking that the most realistic trade would be Deng/Brewer/Zu/'19 CHI 2nd/'20 LA 1st for Wade. But if we took Brewer out of it, we're only a few hundred thousand dollars short of making the salaries work under the league's trade rules. So instead of giving them another young player that we don't want to give up, or a bigger salary like Brewer, including a sign-and-traded Thomas Robinson here would work for both sides, so long as we made it worth it for T-Rob. I'm sure that he's only getting veteran's minimum offers, just like last year, and the vet. min. for a 5-year NBA vet should be just over $1.7MM, per Larry's CBA FAQ. If the Bulls (via the Lakers in a sign-and-trade) could give him a salary of $2.2MM this season, that's a nice raise over the $1,050,961 that he made last season. The Bulls would surely find this more palatable ($2.2MM for T-Rob) than having to take Brewer's $7.6MM this year. So that saves the Bulls about $5.4MM in "bad money" from my previous proposal.

When you take into account that we are allowed to send the Bulls $5.1MM in cash in the deal (again, per the CBA FAQ), the Bulls would really only be taking on $27.3MM in "bad money" going forward, since Wade's $23.8MM would be off their books for this season. That's less than the amount of money that the Nets took on with Carroll ($30.2MM). And the Nets got 2018 1st and 2nd round picks from Toronto. We'd be giving them a 1st and a 2nd too, but also a legit prospect in Zubac. While it is fair to question Zu's fit in our fast-paced offense moving forward, the fact remains that he's a 20-year-old who acquitted himself really well as a 19-year-old NBA rookie last season. Even if you could argue that TOR's '18 1st has more value than the Lakers' '20 1st (because you'd rather have the pick now instead of 2 years later, I suppose), the Zu/'19 CHI 2nd part severely trumps just TOR's '18 2nd round pick. (TOR's pick should be in the 50's, while the CHI '19 2nd should be a pick in the 30's, and likely in the top 35. Expected 1st round picks fall into the first few picks of the 2nd round every year. There's a big difference in value between an early 2nd round pick and a late 2nd round pick.)

It should be noted that if CHI preferred Thomas Bryant to Zubac, I absolutely would still do the trade.

Come on, Chicago. Step up to the freaking plate and make this happen. Your fans even like Deng, for heaven's sake!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycfk72dq

This is a 3-team trade that works, with the Bucks as the 3rd team. In this version, Wade ends up with the Bucks, and the Lakers take on the expiring contracts of Monroe and Hawes. There were reports today that the Bucks are still trying to shed either Monroe or Henson (not only to get under the luxury tax, but potentially to have room to pick up a more useful player to them than Monroe or Henson). With Parker not being an option for them until February, perhaps they would welcome a veteran scorer like Wade, as opposed to having a backup center like Monroe. The inclusion of Vaughn (to the Bulls) is what gets the Bucks barely under the luxury tax, an important point to consider.

The Bulls would still get the same players and picks from the Lakers, and the only difference for them is taking the $1.9MM owed to Vaughn this season. (He has a club option for next season.)

As for the Lakers, since I don't think Wade should logically have a role on our team anyway, we're probably better off with Monroe getting backup center minutes instead of Wade getting backup guard minutes (I'll say it again, I think we need to play Hart). And even if we ended up buying out the players we got, whether it's Wade or Monroe, I personally don't care; the key is getting rid of Deng without having to stretch him. But I actually think Monroe would be more useful to us than Wade would be. Playing against backups, Monroe is actually pretty capable. We could develop Bryant in the G League, and potentially have him come up if there are injuries to our bigs. Of course, we could just have him come up later in the season to get some seasoning, too.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there to show that it could be possible to involve a third team in any potential Deng-to-the-Bulls scenarios, where Wade ends up with that third team. This might be the best match of all, since the Bucks actually have a large expiring, too, that they are willing to trade.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu, i have a hunch that the reason the Lakers were interested in trading for Wade is to get his early Bird rights in a larger effort to recruit LBJ. I still think we will try to revisit the Wade trade using JC/Brewer. Perhaps we were trying to dump Deng on them and Chicago rebuffed that effort.

If we can get Wade this year, i'd play him as a 6th man covering 3 positions off the bench. We could then re-sign him for a paltry deal (could we use the room exception in 2018 and still keep his Bird rights and then re-sign him over the cap in 2019 on a short term deal).
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

If it wasn't for Dolan it seems like on the surface NY would be a good spot for Kyrie if they could do a deal around Melo, Kyrie would go to a marquee franchise and be the obvious new main face of the franchise, they have a great young talent in Porzingis who pairs really well with Kyrie, he'd be in the east and even with just those 2 I think they can be in the playoffs
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu, i have a hunch that the reason the Lakers were interested in trading for Wade is to get his early Bird rights in a larger effort to recruit LBJ. I still think we will try to revisit the Wade trade using JC/Brewer. Perhaps we were trying to dump Deng on them and Chicago rebuffed that effort.

If we can get Wade this year, i'd play him as a 6th man covering 3 positions off the bench. We could then re-sign him for a paltry deal (could we use the room exception in 2018 and still keep his Bird rights and then re-sign him over the cap in 2019 on a short term deal).

The recruiting LeBron angle is interesting. At this point I might be OK with doing that trade just to get JC off the books for sure, and if we didn't have to give up any picks to do that, at least we'd still have all our picks left if something materialized for Deng, either now or next summer.

I guess my worry with getting Wade is that I think it marginalizes Hart significantly, especially if Wade were actually going to be here for longer than just this season. If that's the case, we should just try to trade Hart, either as a sweetener in a Deng deal or for something else, if he's not going to get a chance to play. Wade is still an above-average player according to PER, and his defensive metrics look OK still, but his TS % has taken a dive over the past 3 seasons, and I could see his decline get more rapid pretty soon. I just don't think Wade is a great fit here, aside from the potential LeBron angle.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers will (should) go after trading for Wade. Correct me cap experts if I'm wrong please b/c i'm not sure if some of these assumptions are correct.

1. trade JC/Brewer/2nd rounder for Wade. Chicago gets Lavine insurance in case he's not fully recovered and/or too expensive to extend.

2. bring Wade as a super 6th man, Iggy role this season. He can functionally play PG/SG/SF on this team. With him on the team, i can see us flirting with high 30s, maybe 40 wins.

3. in 2018, re-sign him with the room exception. Sign LBJ/PG13. The wink wink would be that we would take care of him in 2019 when we have full Bird rights and can sign him over the cap.

4. in 2019, re-sign him on a short and FMV deal. We would still have the MLE to use.

So in 2017-18 we'd look something like:

Lonzo/Ennis/Wade
KCP/Wade/Hart
Ingram/Deng
Jules/Nance/Kuz
Brook/Zub/Bryant

In 2018-19:

Lonzo/Ennis/Wade
PG13/Wade/Hart
LBJ/Ingram
Jules/Ingram/Kuz
Zub/Nance/Bryant

Add a few ring chasers with the minimum.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The recruiting LeBron angle is interesting. At this point I might be OK with doing that trade just to get JC off the books for sure, and if we didn't have to give up any picks to do that, at least we'd still have all our picks left if something materialized for Deng, either now or next summer.

I guess my worry with getting Wade is that I think it marginalizes Hart significantly, especially if Wade were actually going to be here for longer than just this season. If that's the case, we should just try to trade Hart, either as a sweetener in a Deng deal or for something else, if he's not going to get a chance to play. Wade is still an above-average player according to PER, and his defensive metrics look OK still, but his TS % has taken a dive over the past 3 seasons, and I could see his decline get more rapid pretty soon. I just don't think Wade is a great fit here, aside from the potential LeBron angle.

Which is why i would functionally also play him some SF. He has a 6'11 wingspan, strong as an ox. Hart will probably get playing time on the G League team.

But Wade would be a contributor this year, clear out necessary cap, and be a recruiting chip for LBJ/PG13. If no LBJ, i'd be fine cutting off ties with Wade and just accepting him as an expiring deal.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
If it wasn't for Dolan it seems like on the surface NY would be a good spot for Kyrie if they could do a deal around Melo, Kyrie would go to a marquee franchise and be the obvious new main face of the franchise, they have a great young talent in Porzingis who pairs really well with Kyrie, he'd be in the east and even with just those 2 I think they can be in the playoffs

I agree that NY would love to get Kyrie, but I think it makes more sense for CLE to get Bledsoe instead of Melo. Bledsoe/Smith/LeBron/Love/Thompson sounds a lot better to me than Rose/Smith/Melo/LeBron/Thompson, and one of Melo and Love would have to play off the bench. Maybe they think they could flip Love for a point guard upgrade, I don't know. Something like Love and Shumpert for Bledsoe and Chandler?

Hmm, that would actually be kind of interesting, and I won't dismiss that out of hand because Phoenix has reportedly had interest in Love before. If the Cavs did something like Kyrie and Frye to the Knicks for Melo and Ntilikina and picks, and then turned around and moved Love and Shumpert to the Suns for Bledsoe and Chandler, they would have this:

Bledsoe/Rose/Calderon/Felder/Ntilikina
Smith/Korver
LeBron/Green/Jefferson
Melo/Jefferson
Thompson/Chandler

That would still leave them as the East favorite this season, and at least, if they lost LeBron and Melo next season, they would have Ntilikina and some picks from the Knicks as some future assets. (Although they'd still have some veteran contracts on the books for longer.) They'd be losing Love too, although maybe they think that just being rid of his contract was worth that, I don't know. The whole thing does work if it were executed as one 3-team trade...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yanotsa3
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
av3773 wrote:

I agree that NY would love to get Kyrie, but I think it makes more sense for CLE to get Bledsoe instead of Melo. Bledsoe/Smith/LeBron/Love/Thompson sounds a lot better to me than Rose/Smith/Melo/LeBron/Thompson, and one of Melo and Love would have to play off the bench. Maybe they think they could flip Love for a point guard upgrade, I don't know. Something like Love and Shumpert for Bledsoe and Chandler?

Hmm, that would actually be kind of interesting, and I won't dismiss that out of hand because Phoenix has reportedly had interest in Love before. If the Cavs did something like Kyrie and Frye to the Knicks for Melo and Ntilikina and picks, and then turned around and moved Love and Shumpert to the Suns for Bledsoe and Chandler, they would have this:

Bledsoe/Rose/Calderon/Felder/Ntilikina
Smith/Korver
LeBron/Green/Jefferson
Melo/Jefferson
Thompson/Chandler

That would still leave them as the East favorite this season, and at least, if they lost LeBron and Melo next season, they would have Ntilikina and some picks from the Knicks as some future assets. (Although they'd still have some veteran contracts on the books for longer.) They'd be losing Love too, although maybe they think that just being rid of his contract was worth that, I don't know. The whole thing does work if it were executed as one 3-team trade...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yanotsa3

If they get Melo, I can see Cavs running LeBron as point center for their death lineup
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Which is why i would functionally also play him some SF. He has a 6'11 wingspan, strong as an ox. Hart will probably get playing time on the G League team.

But Wade would be a contributor this year, clear out necessary cap, and be a recruiting chip for LBJ/PG13. If no LBJ, i'd be fine cutting off ties with Wade and just accepting him as an expiring deal.

My issue there is that Hart is already a 22-year-old rookie, and will be 23 by the end of the season. If you're planning on having Wade play a role over the next couple of seasons, Hart is going to be close to the end of his rookie contract without really having played much, and will be 25 by that time. He's not a 19-year-old rookie. I just think he would need to show if he can be a valuable role player within the next couple of seasons. There would be a risk of it being a completely wasted draft pick. So I'd at least weigh the possibility of including him in trades, which we could do on August 2.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:

My issue there is that Hart is already a 22-year-old rookie, and will be 23 by the end of the season. If you're planning on having Wade play a role over the next couple of seasons, Hart is going to be close to the end of his rookie contract without really having played much, and will be 25 by that time. He's not a 19-year-old rookie. I just think he would need to show if he can be a valuable role player within the next couple of seasons. There would be a risk of it being a completely wasted draft pick. So I'd at least weigh the possibility of including him in trades, which we could do on August 2.

To be fair, the Lakers' ultimate goal in 2018 is getting 2 max players. If Wade helps in recruiting LBJ/PG13, i don't think Hart's growth will impede that.

Besides, as of now, JC is impeding Hart's minutes as the Lakers seem to want to go in a different direction backup PG wise. And unlike JC, i think Wade can functionally play 3 positions off the bench now at his age. I think Hart can still sop up minutes in that scenario.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

I'm on the track that wishes ATL does a trade for Deng, JC, 2nd for Bazemore
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1673, 1674, 1675 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 1674 of 1813
Jump to: