OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1731, 1732, 1733 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Dallas can't have 2 non-shooting bigs in Noel/Jules. That's a non-starter for them, and if Dirk is around in 2018, they're going to pay 18-20m for Jules to be a bench big?
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
textbook wrote:
Randle signing the qualifying offer with a wink wink deal in place the following year is the way to go. I don't get why they author thinks this is "shady" for the lakers. It will get Randle to 5mil. It would give us a lot more room. Those are the rules, and you have to work around them as best you can. Was Durant and Golden State Shady for him taking less?

I think the more likely scenario is Randle/Deng/First rounder get traded to clear up room. I think Lebron would play the 4...Ball/George/Ingram/Lebron/?

It wouldn't need to be a wink wink deal. If Randle doesn't get a big RFA offer (from the Mavs?) then sign the QO and if he has a great 2018-2019 season, the Lakers bid on him with Bird Rights.

And who is willing to pay $40 mil for Randle? By including Deng that is what you are asking a team to do. Again, can't we have a little realism?

Exactly right. If someone was willing to pay the $40mil, we wouldn't want to trade him. Deng will be stretched or traded for low cost players and/or picks. I'm in favor of stretching before the team is permanently capped by signing Max FA's. More assets are better. You have Bird Rights and therefore can exceed the cap to resign them. Once your capped, it's more difficult to add players.

We won't trade Deng with nothing coming back. We had to take $22 mil Lopez to dump Mozgov, and I would argue he brings more on the court than Deng does. Stretching is likely the only way.

That's correct
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

We won't trade Deng with nothing coming back. We had to take $22 mil Lopez to dump Mozgov, and I would argue he brings more on the court than Deng does. Stretching is likely the only way.

Not next offseason, it has to be for an expiring contract at the trade deadline, after that we sign him or we let him go for nothing.

I'm confident we can move his contract for a late first or maybe a second round pick, so we are not losing a high lottery pick for nothing.

Considering the gems we are drafting late in the draft we may end up with the best player in the long run.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
It's a big gamble but if Jules wants to stay here, and be a part of a championship core, that may be the ultimate price (i.e. taking QO and letting the Lakers sign him over the cap in 2019). Then again, he would also be a UFA in 2019 so he could leave too.

Im the eternal optimist, but I'd be shocked if he took that route. Once you get to that point, you have to take "money for life", it's just too big a risk not to. If I was advising him, I'd tell him that, especially considering his injury history.

Sure. But if no team is willing to pay him the amount he wants (i.e. 18-20m/year), isn't he going to go that route anyways (unless the Lakers renounce him)?

JR checks many of the boxes that Dallas needs, I would be surprised if there is no interest. If Matthews opts out or signs a smaller deal they can have $40-50 mil in cap space. Cuban will be active.

So kind of like how they haven't signed their own RFA Noel?

I don't know what Noel has to do with anything. Cuban will be looking at a potential post-Dirk rebuild with cap space.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Not next offseason, it has to be for an expiring contract at the trade deadline, after that we sign him or we let him go for nothing.

I'm confident we can move his contract for a late first or maybe a second round pick, so we are not losing a high lottery pick for nothing.

Considering the gems we are drafting late in the draft we may end up with the best player in the long run.

We can't let Deng go for nothing
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

A second round pick? Are you kidding. The Celtics had to throw in a second round pick just to move Avery Bradley.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I was talking about Julius.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Randle is garbage or pure trash of defense. low defensive iq i have seen.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Bulls/buy-out Wade imminent:

https://twitter.com/search?q=wade+bulls+buyout&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

Last edited by pio2u on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I was talking about Julius.

Deng has a negative value, something more must be given by the Lakers to get a team to take him.

As for Randle, if he plays well enough to warrant other team's interest, no one will want him traded him at the deadline or any time. If he doesn't, the point is moot and he'll be gone. You'd be trading his Bird Rights, that's only valuable if there are other teams bidding against you and your willing to outbid them at any cost.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
It's a big gamble but if Jules wants to stay here, and be a part of a championship core, that may be the ultimate price (i.e. taking QO and letting the Lakers sign him over the cap in 2019). Then again, he would also be a UFA in 2019 so he could leave too.

Im the eternal optimist, but I'd be shocked if he took that route. Once you get to that point, you have to take "money for life", it's just too big a risk not to. If I was advising him, I'd tell him that, especially considering his injury history.

Sure. But if no team is willing to pay him the amount he wants (i.e. 18-20m/year), isn't he going to go that route anyways (unless the Lakers renounce him)?

JR checks many of the boxes that Dallas needs, I would be surprised if there is no interest. If Matthews opts out or signs a smaller deal they can have $40-50 mil in cap space. Cuban will be active.

I don't know what Noel has to do with anything. Cuban will be looking at a potential post-Dirk rebuild with cap space.

He has everything to do with it. If they keep him, a Jules/Noel pairing is antithetical to what the Mavs like at PF. Plus, Barnes is functionally their PF at many times.

I would say Noel's value is greater or equal to Jules, and the Mavs aren't paying him 20m/year. What makes you think they would do that for Jules?
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

https://twitter.com/search?q=wade+bulls+buyout&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

That interesting, off to Cleveland I bet, I'm a bit surprised.
Don't really get the "next few months" part, why not now?

Last edited by kevin61 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Things just got interesting... can't help but wonder if we saved the exception for D Wade.

Obviously we'll have competition... SAS, Cleveland, MIA, Houston, Clippers, etc.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Don't really the "next few months" part, why not now?

Isn't he making 24m? It'll be a lot of negotiations b/c the Bulls are stingy and won't want to give him anything near that; and the cap space has dried out so I would think Wade wants at least 18m guaranteed.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Wade has been talking positively regarding the Lakers in the past few months and recently he praised the Lakers for signing Vander Blue.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

yinoma2001 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Isn't he making 24m? It'll be a lot of negotiations b/c the Bulls are stingy and won't want to give him anything near that; and the cap space has dried out so I would think Wade wants at least 18m guaranteed.

I wonder which team can use a non-3pt shooting SG.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wade has been harping positively with the Lakers in the past few months and recently he was praised the Lakers for signing Vander Blue.

Then he takes Blue's spot?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I wonder which team can use a non-3pt shooting SG.

Some room exceptions, teams that he would never go to may have some cap space. Maybe some full MLE room. But there's no way i see Wade walking away from 24m.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He has everything to do with it. If they keep him, a Jules/Noel pairing is antithetical to what the Mavs like at PF. Plus, Barnes is functionally their PF at many times.

I would say Noel's value is greater or equal to Jules, and the Mavs aren't paying him 20m/year. What makes you think they would do that for Jules?

Randle fits what it has been reported they are looking for, a scoring big who can help their anemic rebounding. I think they are treating Noel correctly, $8-10 mil should be his max.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Randle fits what it has been reported they are looking for, a scoring big who can help their anemic rebounding. I think they are treating Noel correctly, $8-10 mil should be his max.

Disagree. If they think Noel is 8-10m, they will value Jules the same or less. And Jules isn't taking that little.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

interesting! I assumed he was playing out the year there.

He'll try to get as close to the $24m as he can and then go to a contender.

If he comes here I'll laugh my butt off. Would be so out of left field lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Interesting about Wade. We'll see.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

I don't see any reason he would want to come here.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:

I agree, absolutely will not happen.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:

agreed VLF
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1731, 1732, 1733 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 1732 of 1813
Jump to: