OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1778, 1779, 1780 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Since JC needs to be gone...I think point guard is our position of weakness.

Unless they see Josh Hart can play there.

While I agree PG is the biggest question mark at the moment, I think that Walton has a lot of options to make it work this season.

I would have liked a vet PG to be added. Putting a lot of faith and high expectations on Ball to play at a high level year one. Love what he adds but think that is a lot of pressure to put on the young man.

Ennis is a nice backup but almost as raw as Ball. Don't agree that Clarkson needs to be gone but we shall see how it plays out. He can play some combo/PG mpg if needed. Not sure Hart has the ballhandling or playmaking abilities at this point.

Think they could use Ingram and even Randle to be the facilitator (PG) role. Just from the forward position.

Overall they have options at PG. Remains to be seen how well Ball can fill the role from day one. If he is capable enough to give 25-30 quality mpg the Lakers are in great shape.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Since JC needs to be gone...I think point guard is our position of weakness.

Unless they see Josh Hart can play there.

I have watched a lot of Josh Hart in recent years, and I have zero confidence he could play any material minutes at the #1 in the NBA.

Agree, that would be a poor decision
farzadkavari
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject:

This smells like there is Trade coming up. Probably Zubac/Deng or Clarkson/Deng to unload Deng's contract. I disagree with most people here. I think Zubac has proven that he can play backup C. Dont judge him from summer league performance but last year regular season. A mid season trade will happen. Mark my words.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

farzadkavari wrote:
This smells like there is Trade coming up. Probably Zubac/Deng or Clarkson/Deng to unload Deng's contract. I disagree with most people here. I think Zubac has proven that he can play backup C. Dont judge him from summer league performance but last year regular season. A mid season trade will happen. Mark my words.

Who is willing to pay $30 mil for Clarkson and Deng?
farzadkavari
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:

Clarskon/Deng + picks.
eagles nut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

I like it. Zubac has potential and you hope he'll excel but I'm not comfortable enough with him to want to count on him for big minutes if Lopez is injured. Can't go small ball all the time. Make him earn his minutes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:

or $20 Million for Deng and Zubac?
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

Personally I don't think a trade is imminent just because of this signing. I actually felt center was one of our bigger needs. I think Bryant was going to spend the vast majority of the season in the G League, probably would have been on a 2-way contract if it was possible. So that would have left us with Lopez and Zubac. Lopez has had a history of injuries and Zubac did not show well in the summer league. I know Randle can play center, but I like the depth we added. I think they will try to work Kuzma in at small forward with him and Nance off the bench at the forward spots. If we make a trade with Clarkson, we would be thin at guard, but there is always a chance we bring back a guard on an expiring contract in a trade...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:

For Deng and Zubac and a pick. And said team can strength Deng. Possibilities are there.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:

For Deng and Zubac and a pick. And said team can strength Deng. Possibilities are there.

like for Wade's expiring? I'd add a second first rd pick to that package if need to
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:

If Deng was an ending contract that might make sense. That is why I mention the Spurs, they have over $40 mil in 2018-2019 expiring salaries. Adding a few picks to those to a tanking team could amount to real cap space. Similar to our deal with Brooklyn.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I've generally been a Bogut fan. Nice low cost pick up. But for Zub, yikes. What does this mean?

Him and Bryant will probably be down in the D-League, provided Bogut stays healthy. I really don't blame the Lakers for looking in another direction for a backup center this season after what Zu didn't show (albeit I did anticipate Larry playing the 5 this year and Kuzma playing the 4).

Zu is still just a baby. Bogut is just about done, the timing is fine with this signing and I absolutely do not think that this means Zu is on the outs or anything.

Zu started off poor in the SPL but as he played his way back into shape he looked much better in the last few SPL games. Don't forget he sustained a high ankle sprain at the end of the regular season so I am sure that is why he looked slow and gassed in his first few SPL games.

Zu is fine and I think that he can learn a lot from Bogut. I really like this move- we get a mentor for the kids at a much cheaper price than Deng;)

Plus- we know Luke has an open mind about training camp. We saw Swaggy beat out JC. Who knows, Zu might beat out Bogut and take the back up C minutes.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

deng is traceable next summer. nobody is taking his 54m now.

36m is much better. similar to the D Carroll
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

This does not mean a trade is imminent. We needed rim protection, that's what Bogut can provide if healthy. Zubac isn't ready yet.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I've generally been a Bogut fan. Nice low cost pick up. But for Zub, yikes. What does this mean?

Him and Bryant will probably be down in the D-League, provided Bogut stays healthy. I really don't blame the Lakers for looking in another direction for a backup center this season after what Zu didn't show (albeit I did anticipate Larry playing the 5 this year and Kuzma playing the 4).

Zu is still just a baby. Bogut is just about done, the timing is fine with this signing and I absolutely do not think that this means Zu is on the outs or anything.

Zu started off poor in the SPL but as he played his way back into shape he looked much better in the last few SPL games. Don't forget he sustained a high ankle sprain at the end of the regular season so I am sure that is why he looked slow and gassed in his first few SPL games.

Zu is fine and I think that he can learn a lot from Bogut. I really like this move- we get a mentor for the kids at a much cheaper price than Deng;)

Plus- we know Luke has an open mind about training camp. We saw Swaggy beat out JC. Who knows, Zu might beat out Bogut and take the back up C minutes.

I agree, adding Bogut has little to do with Zubac. Zu is still on that growth curve, Bogut adds some insurance.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

I have a bad feeling that a Deng trade is coming with the cost of Randle.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

Good signing. He can teach Lopez and Zu how to function in Luke's offense. I see him mentoring Zu - our future, who just isn't quite seasoned yet.

When Zu and Bryant have their G-league stints, Lopez/Bogut will be a nice 1-2 punch at center until Luke goes small with Jules at center. Overall, I like the signing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:

Someone will take Deng along with an upcoming FA? Expect to get a bad contract in return.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:

Such a high cost, Russell and now Randle to clear the books
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

Really surprised by the Bogut signing, but I don't think this puts Randle.on the market for a Deng dump. I do think we're deep af at center and pf now. I am curious what the next step is.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

Lebron is definitely coming. He likes picking up all the oldies
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:

Someone on here explained why it would be pointless to do that. Unfortunately I forget the reason why but it made perfect sense.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
LVLAKERFAN wrote:

Someone on here explained why it would be pointless to do that. Unfortunately I forget the reason why but it made perfect sense.

What are you saying? That it would be pointless trading Deng and Randle? Or maybe you mean its unlikely to happen because Randle is an expiring contract
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Really surprised by the Bogut signing, but I don't think this puts Randle.on the market for a Deng dump. I do think we're deep af at center and pf now. I am curious what the next step is.

Bogut is Lopez insurance in case his bad back lingers longer than camp.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Bogut is Lopez insurance in case his bad back lingers longer than camp.
Yeah good point, I'm pretty excited about seeing Lopez play but it's easy to forget how much back problems can linger. Bogut is much better insurance imo than Zubs at this point, or trying to play 40+ minutes,of small ball because we have to.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1778, 1779, 1780 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 1779 of 1813
Jump to: