OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 428, 429, 430 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Does anybody know why Deng is not around the team since all star break?

Mozgov is there even after being inactive

I'm guessing he's mentally not into the game right now so he asked the Lakers to give him some time off with his family.

he is highest paid laker. he better show up instead of throwing mental fits if they want him around
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

I'm guessing he's mentally not into the game right now so he asked the Lakers to give him some time off with his family.

he is highest paid laker. he better show up instead of throwing mental fits if they want him around

There is nothing wrong with not being mentally into the game, he's not broken down, and he will be back next year with a positive attitude...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lance Stephenson apparently heading back to Indy.

Didn't he really clash with George? That's an odd pickup.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

There is nothing wrong with not being mentally into the game, he's not broken down, and he will be back next year with a positive attitude...

can you share link to the not mentally into the game part?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

Wow Lance gets 3 year $12 deal. First 2 years guaranteed.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

Don't even waste your time. Some people are better off left ignored.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

Why the bitter attitude? There is a good chance Deng was struggling with mental aspect of basketball as opposed to him being washed up...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If Lance couldn't get along with PG... what was the motivation in getting him? Hopefully this a sign that they are planting the seeds for a trade this summer.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If Lance couldn't get along with PG... what was the motivation in getting him? Hopefully this a sign that they are planting the seeds for a trade this summer.

cheap contract, basically a rookie salary...
kinda like Kobe ok with us getting Matt Barnes
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Actually, Barnes wanted to mess with Kobe and they both respected each other that is why Kobe didn't mind Barnes joining the team, Lance and PG situation is more about them not getting along in the locker room.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Actually, Barnes wanted to mess with Kobe and they both respected each other that is why Kobe didn't mind Barnes joining the team, Lance and PG situation is more about them not getting along in the locker room.

then it's a dumb move by Bird... he must've cleared it with PG first but good for us if not
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

then it's a dumb move by Bird... he must've cleared it with PG first but good for us if not

Maybe they cleared things up... either way it's kinda desperate for the Pacers to be bringing back a player who has changed teams like 5 times in the last 2 years.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

Why the bitter attitude? There is a good chance Deng was struggling with mental aspect of basketball as opposed to him being washed up...

so a veteran we hired for veteran leadership is going to display mental fatigue when he is highest paid?

i don't think so
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

so a veteran we hired for veteran leadership is going to display mental fatigue when he is highest paid?

i don't think so

I don't think he was mentally ready to play this year, sometimes a full off season can help change that... I'm not saying he was completely mentally done with basketball, but he might have been lacking motivation... and yeah I know it doesn't make sense considering his contract, but at least he's not Joakim Noah.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don't think he was mentally ready to play this year, sometimes a full off season can help change that... I'm not saying he was completely mentally done with basketball, but he might have been lacking motivation... and yeah I know it doesn't make sense considering his contract, but at least he's not Joakim Noah.

come on man, just say you made that up and lets move on
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

come on man, just say you made that up and lets move on

Okay, I'm just saying he wasn't ready to play this year and hopefully he is next year if he's on the roster.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

Overall, whatever roster we have in October, hopefully everyone comes in with a focused attitude.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

i don't think so

Yeah, that's why I said you're better left ignored.. as in most threads. It's like you say these asinine comments that are completely baseless and just some opinion you created for the sake of getting that post count up when in 5 mins you're not even going to remember what your point was.

Do you really think Deng did not come here ready to play? He's arguably the most professional player in the NBA with a stellar rep on and off the court. He was playing is ass off earlier in the year even if his numbers have dipped. His numbers dipping is a product of a few things but mostly b/c he's getting older and playing almost exclusively at SF when he should be a PF. Claiming he didn't show up this season mentally focused is total BS.

The team probably gave him the time to go home and relax instead of dragging him around the country while he doesn't play. It's almost a sign of respect from the FO not to subject him to that but let him tend to personal life.

Anyway, I don't want to go back and forth on what makes you think he was not mentally here this season... It's just not true.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

i don't think so

Yeah, that's why I said you're better left ignored.. as in most threads. It's like you say these asinine comments that are completely baseless and just some opinion you created for the sake of getting that post count up when in 5 mins you're not even going to remember what your point was.

Do you really think Deng did not come here ready to play? He's arguably the most professional player in the NBA with a stellar rep on and off the court. He was playing is ass off earlier in the year even if his numbers have dipped. His numbers dipping is a product of a few things but mostly b/c he's getting older and playing almost exclusively at SF when he should be a PF. Claiming he didn't show up this season mentally focused is total BS.

The team probably gave him the time to go home and relax instead of dragging him around the country while he doesn't play. It's almost a sign of respect from the FO not to subject him to that but let him tend to personal life.

Anyway, I don't want to go back and forth on what makes you think he was not mentally here this season... It's just not true.

Deng just does not fit in with our young core. I thought it was a good pick up regardless with veteran mentoring and other stuff but the contract was just terrible. And hopefully he does not take our young guys minutes next year. We will be a hopeless team again if we have to depend on Deng.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

The real problem is Deng is a PF.

We have Jules/Nance, heck even Ingram sometimes.

Deng's days at SF are/should be over.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

[quote="2019"]
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

i don't think so

Quote:

Lol, why don't you agree with what I just basically said what you posted?

Anyway, yeah losing had an effect on his game, so the hope is that next year he can be better off with a more competitive team.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

the main question is not if he was mentally ready to play. he is not playing as of now.

Question is why is he not on the bench or behind the bench in suit
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, just have a bad feeling the Celts will go all in for PG13 this summer. They'll first take a go at Hayward and if that doesn't pan out, I see them moving for PG13.

That 2018 Nets pick IMO won't be as valuable as I can see the Nets not being a doormat next year.

Bird is actually in a decent position, all things considered. He can play the Celtics and Lakers against each other, giving PG to whoever is willing to give up two of their best assets. Brown and the Nets pick from the Celtics or two of Ingram/Russell/#3 from the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, just have a bad feeling the Celts will go all in for PG13 this summer. They'll first take a go at Hayward and if that doesn't pan out, I see them moving for PG13.

That 2018 Nets pick IMO won't be as valuable as I can see the Nets not being a doormat next year.

Bird is actually in a decent position, all things considered. He can play the Celtics and Lakers against each other, giving PG to whoever is willing to give up two of their best assets. Brown and the Nets pick from the Celtics or two of Ingram/Russell/#3 from the Lakers.

Right. That's my other fear, that Bird/Ainge will collude to help Bird out in emptying the Lakers young assets (assuming the Celts aren't genuinely trying to go after PG13).
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right. That's my other fear, that Bird/Ainge will collude to help Bird out in emptying the Lakers young assets (assuming the Celts aren't genuinely trying to go after PG13).

Ugh yeah that's totally a possibility. Kinda wish we'd just trade for Jimmy Butler instead.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 428, 429, 430 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 429 of 1813
Jump to: