OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 579, 580, 581 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Read a blog about why the Lakers should pursue Darren collison...always wanted him, a Fiesty PG who always plays hard..

qq:which nba player you don't want on the lakers?

Perhaps you don't care ..about the Lakers down hill in recent years but any player right now will be a big boost for the Lakers...

No we shouldn't just target any player because they're better then the players we have. We should target the players that will fit in with Luke's system and our timeline. You don't build a foundation by just grabbing the first piece of talent you see. You build a solid long term foundation by having a vision of what kind of system you want to establish and what kind of players fit.

For example, think of the Spurs. When they go get guys they find the ones that will fit their system and bring in a particular niche or need that will only make them better. We need to have that vision where we go out and target the right guys.

I'm not saying that Collison is or isn't that guy but it's not about getting any player for a short term boost, it's about having a blue print that works for the Lakers and Luke Walton's system. (assuming we're sticking with Luke Walton which I'm rooting for).
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Read a blog about why the Lakers should pursue Darren collison...always wanted him, a Fiesty PG who always plays hard..

Perhaps you don't care ..about the Lakers down hill in recent years but any player right now will be a big boost for the Lakers...

No we shouldn't just target any player because they're better then the players we have. We should target the players that will fit in with Luke's system and our timeline. You don't build a foundation by just grabbing the first piece of talent you see. You build a solid long term foundation by having a vision of what kind of system you want to establish and what kind of players fit.

For example, think of the Spurs. When they go get guys they find the ones that will fit their system and bring in a particular niche or need that will only make them better. We need to have that vision where we go out and target the right guys.

I'm not saying that Collison is or isn't that guy but it's not about getting any player for a short term boost, it's about having a blue print that works for the Lakers and Luke Walton's system. (assuming we're sticking with Luke Walton which I'm rooting for).

Tbh IG is a step up from DJmoore (actually in retrospecct that dude was actually kinda right on Giannis )
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
3-way with the Magic

Lopez to the Lakers

Deng to the Magic

#28, Hezonja, Biyombo to the Nets

rob has been fired. i don't see why would the magic pick deng when AG needs mins at the 4 and they might draft Tatum

Because they're paying Biyombo 17 million to play 15 minutes a game. Deng's contract is a wash, but at least they get someone they can actually play. The possibility of drafting Tatum seems like a minor obstacle, but Deng would do more for his growth than Biyombo would.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
3-way with the Magic

Lopez to the Lakers

Deng to the Magic

rob has been fired. i don't see why would the magic pick deng when AG needs mins at the 4 and they might draft Tatum

Because they're paying Biyombo 17 million to play 15 minutes a game. Deng's contract is a wash, but at least they get someone they can actually play. The possibility of drafting Tatum seems like a minor obstacle, but Deng would do more for his growth than Biyombo would.

But wouldn't Deng be playing the same number of minutes as Biyombo, if they're finally committed to playing AG at the 4 (if Vogel is done being dumb)
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Tbh IG is a step up from DJmoore (actually in retrospecct that dude was actually kinda right on Giannis )

DJmoore was so ridiculous

"My starting line up of Giannis/Lebron/Durant/Dirk/Love would beat any lineup you create because they're all tall and can shoot"

Now that I think of it, Brandon Ingram was probably DJMoores favorite rookie this past season and he's probably predicting Ingram to either be a point guard or a stretch 5 in the future lmao
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
The Logo wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

DJmoore was so ridiculous

"My starting line up of Giannis/Lebron/Durant/Dirk/Love would beat any lineup you create because they're all tall and can shoot"

Now that I think of it, Brandon Ingram was probably DJMoores favorite rookie this past season and he's probably predicting Ingram to either be a point guard or a stretch 5 in the future lmao

PG: David Robinson
SG: Dennis Rodman
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Giannis Antetokoumpo
C: Brandon Ingram
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
3-way with the Magic

Lopez to the Lakers

Deng to the Magic

But wouldn't Deng be playing the same number of minutes as Biyombo, if they're finally committed to playing AG at the 4 (if Vogel is done being dumb)

That trade would be so utterly unfair for the Magic.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Logo wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
3-way with the Magic

Lopez to the Lakers

Deng to the Magic

That trade would be so utterly unfair for the Magic.

like why....really why on earth would the Magic do this trade....there is absolutely no benefit for them....not even if you squint.

Last edited by adkindo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

ESPN recently did a story about Jimmer Fredette's life in China; turns out he was MVP of some Chinese league and he averaged over 30 ppg. The guy can't play defense but he's a great shooter. He might be someone to consider if we want a scoring punch off the bench.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
ESPN recently did a story about Jimmer Fredette's life in China; turns out he was MVP of some Chinese league and he averaged over 30 ppg. The guy can't play defense but he's a great shooter. He might be someone to consider if we want a scoring punch off the bench.

The Chinese league is a joke. Jimmer's had plenty of chances to show he's an NBA player. He isn't
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Pass.

PG that rarely takes shots in the paint, despite having very good athleticism.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:

SG in a PG body. The reason why it works in China is because he plays a shoot first PG.

NBA teams have tried to make him more of a playmaker, and that's not where he excels.

If you sub him in, he's there to be a microwave, period. If you're trying to make him a PG, let him kick ass in China.

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

If we can keep our pick, the Lakers should just save the cap space for next year unless we can sign a franchise changer type of player. If we going to spend 34 mil like we did with Moz and Deng, it's gotta be player that can make a huge different on wins and losses. We should not make this mistake again.
Spill512
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

I saw this trade being discussed on the Bulls board. Thoughts?

To Bulls: Ingram + Zubac + #2 + Deng + Mozgov

To Pacers: Russell + Randle + Clarkson + Brewer + Rockets 1st owed + Future Lakers 1st

To Lakers: George + Butler + Lopez + Canaan + Allen + Seraphin
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
If we can keep our pick, the Lakers should just save the cap space for next year unless we can sign a franchise changer type of player. If we going to spend 34 mil like we did with Moz and Deng, it's gotta be player that can make a huge different on wins and losses. We should not make this mistake again.

Those are the only types of FAs that go to lottery teams.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:

To Pacers: Russell + Randle + Clarkson + Brewer + Rockets 1st owed + Future Lakers 1st

Impossible
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

^Purgatory. Lakers get two All-Stars and no one around them, especially when practically trading the entire youthcore AND picks which got the Lakers into this mess in the first place.

Spill512
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

I feel like it would be easy to get players around them if we had those two. Butler is on contract for two more seasons, so if PG will resign given his preference for the Lakers and the fact that we can now offer him an allstar to play with, we have time to put together a team around two great two way players. But yea, idk if it's actually possible. Figured it was since a Bulls mod was the one proposing it.

Last edited by Spill512 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

According to this guy, Lakers are getting Ilyasova and Reddick, lol.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/best-nba-free-agents-and-where-theyll-sign.html/?a=viewall
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Those are the only types of FAs that go to lottery teams.

Then we might as well built the foundation of this team through our youth core. After next year, we have a better idea on who's fitting and who's not and what kind of players we need around to compliment them. If Ingram and our pick or Zu or Dlo proved that they are the building block then it's easier to fit the other pieces to the puzzle. Getting guys like Moz and Deng are waste of money and hindrance to our youth movement.
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:
I feel like it would be easy to get players around them if we had those two.

Famous last words...
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:

That would be a win now at all costs, future be damned move, and yet not a championship team. It's a team that is one injury to either PG or Butler away from real problem.

That would be mortgaging the present & future. You'd be giving up Ingram, Russell, Houston's 1st, our #2 if we get it, a future No.1. Nooooooo
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
^Purgatory. Lakers get two All-Stars and no one around them, especially when practically trading the entire youthcore AND picks which got the Lakers into this mess in the first place.

This.

Becoming a playoff 1st rounder for the next 3-4 years is not the Lakers way. After that you go back to square one.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Spill512 wrote:

That would be a win now at all costs, future be damned move, and yet not a championship team. It's a team that is one injury to either PG or Butler away from real problem.

That would be mortgaging the present & future. You'd be giving up Ingram, Russell, Houston's 1st, our #2 if we get it, a future No.1. Nooooooo

If it's KD coming as a free agent than I will throw the whole kitchen and the ref too and make the run for the next 4-5 years.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Spill512 wrote:

If it's KD coming as a free agent than I will throw the whole kitchen and the ref too and make the run for the next 4-5 years.

Two things. Whose coming w/KD? Both Butler & PG?

Other point, that trade is surrendering 7 first round picks. I'm counting Zubac as a first round pick because the only reason he went in the second round was his insistence that he be allowed to come play now, and not be stashed overseas.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 579, 580, 581 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 580 of 1813
Jump to: