OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 711, 712, 713 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
What we're gonna try to do, bruh, is really keep our cap space. We do have room. We'll have about $20 million or so. We don't really want to utilize that. Because, you know we feel next year's class is gonna be a special class of free agents. One superstar can change our roster, can change our team. And we feel that the superstars this year probably more or less gonna sign back with their teams. Or they're at a position that we really don't need right now. That's why we'll probably not play in free agency this season. But hey, never say never. We will look but I dont think we'll be a player.

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

I like the fact that Magic is the only person in sports who can say a hundred words and you still can't figure out rather he's playing mind games or saying his real feelings.

I bet you first thing FA starts in July 1 we will be calling Milsaps and Reddicks agent.

Yeah I'm sure he's going to be calling Milsap and reddick, then for sure we can know what any hope we have of contending within the next 5 years is gone.

Why? if you find a way to trade Deng or Moz or both you can still sign FAs and have a chance to go after one in 2018.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Would I be shocked if we bring back the same roster? Absolutely not. but looking at Magic's competitive nature, he's always been the guy that has the less patience, does he love the young core and is willing to see them develop? Sure that can be true, but he's the last guy you should underestimate Magic when he sees opportunities.

well we all need some hope to live our lives, i guess

The Lakers didn't bring Magic and Pelinka to voice patience.

The problem is that I don't think we can build team that is good enough to take down GS. It them and everyone else in the west.

You don't hinge your plan on other teams, there could be injuries or possible fatigue.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
What we're gonna try to do, bruh, is really keep our cap space. We do have room. We'll have about $20 million or so. We don't really want to utilize that. Because, you know we feel next year's class is gonna be a special class of free agents. One superstar can change our roster, can change our team. And we feel that the superstars this year probably more or less gonna sign back with their teams. Or they're at a position that we really don't need right now. That's why we'll probably not play in free agency this season. But hey, never say never. We will look but I dont think we'll be a player.

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

I like the fact that Magic is the only person in sports who can say a hundred words and you still can't figure out rather he's playing mind games or saying his real feelings.

I bet you first thing FA starts in July 1 we will be calling Milsaps and Reddicks agent.

Yeah I'm sure he's going to be calling Milsap and reddick, then for sure we can know what any hope we have of contending within the next 5 years is gone.

Why? if you find a way to trade Deng or Moz or both you can still sign FAs and have a chance to go after one in 2018.

Because no one is going to trade for Mozdeng.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

That's a huge if, Because nobody is just going to take on those contracts without us attaching significant assets.. Reddick and milsap aren't doing anything for this team anyways and it's super dumb and shortsighted to blow our wad on players like that. The last thing I want is another 33 year old eating up a huge portion of the cap space and chillen on the bench next to moz and Deng. If we're going to spend like that, there can't be any more mistakes. We need to get a player of a caliber that can really help take us to the next level
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

That's a huge if, Because nobody is just going to take on those contracts without us attaching significant assets.. Reddick and milsap aren't doing anything for this team anyways and it's super dumb and shortsighted to blow our wad on players like that. The last thing I want is another 33 year old eating up a huge portion of the cap space and chillen on the bench next to moz and Deng. If we're going to spend like that, there can't be any more mistakes. We need to get a player of a caliber that can really help take us to the next level

Don't bother IG lives in a basketball fantasy land. He wants us to trade our core for Melo, Bosh, Rose, Rondo and any other washed up player with a huge contract. Like I said, he should be a Knicks fan.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

I'm confidence that the new regime will find a way to trade them, they seem to have made it clear that by cleaning house with the FO and staff.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

And what if Griffin or Hayward want to join the Lakers?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

Milsap and Reddick are old man, they will get big money and be bad. Please stop. Hayward is not going to want to play with a bunch of old guys. Blake is garbage and he will get way too much money. I would rather have Randle.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

Don't bother IG lives in a basketball fantasy land. He wants us to trade our core for Melo, Bosh, Rose, Rondo and any other washed up player with a huge contract. Like I said, he should be a Knicks fan.

No my sentiment is that if you can add talent you do it, I can talk about trading for LeBron or signing CP3 to a veteran minimum deal or that the young core is gonna end up leading us to 10 championships but that isn't realistic, what is realistic is adding realistic talent to the roster.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

Well I'm sure magic has a decent pulse of what the players are going to do considering he said he thinks most will re-sign with their teams and he expects us to be bigger players in next year's free agency, but if by some crazy reason Hayward wanted to join, then cool. Great for us. Hayward is on a whole other level than reddick tho.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Like I said, please be a knicks or nets fan if you want a bunch of old overpaid names.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

Well I'm sure magic has a decent pulse of what the players are going to do considering he said he thinks most will re-sign with their teams and he expects us to be bigger players in next year's free agency, but if by some crazy reason Hayward wanted to join, then cool. Great for us. Hayward is on a whole other level than reddick tho.

Magic might be throwing smoke.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

I'm confidence that the new regime will find a way to trade them, they seem to have made it clear that by cleaning house with the FO and staff.

They were able to easily make changes in the FO & operations staff because the CBA doesn't have any bearing on that side of the basketball business.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Like I said, please be a knicks or nets fan if you want a bunch of old overpaid names.

Where did I say that I want the Lakers to sign Milsap or Reddick? I bought them up as examples of the FO possibly going after FAs if the opportunity is there.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

They were able to easily make changes in the FO & operations staff because the CBA doesn't have any bearing on that side of the basketball business.

Lol very smart to bring up the CBA even though my point was that the new regime wants there own brand.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

say what?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol very smart to bring up the CBA even though my point was that the new regime wants there own brand.

The point that you are missing is that making rapid changes on the side of the business that isn't governed by the CBA is quite straightforward.

Redoing the roster in a meaningful way is much more complicated and takes longer to do because of the CBA.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The point that you are missing is that making rapid changes on the side of the business that isn't governed by the CBA is quite straightforward.

Redoing the roster in a meaningful way is much more complicated and takes longer to do because of the CBA.

You can still make moves as long as it's limited to a certain cap.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

- Magic

I like that bolded part.

say what?

My suggestion was that since they cleansed house the FO and staff which were made by the previous regime, they will try to get rid of most of the players that were here under the old FO.
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Seen this on FB & Twitter...is this a legit source?

http://fadeawayworld.com/2017/05/23/nba-trade-rumors-blockbuster-jimmy-butler-deal-could-involve-the-lakers/
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

IG with 10 posts in a single page...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:

http://fadeawayworld.com/2017/05/23/nba-trade-rumors-blockbuster-jimmy-butler-deal-could-involve-the-lakers/

Fake
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Would I be shocked if we bring back the same roster? Absolutely not. but looking at Magic's competitive nature, he's always been the guy that has the less patience, does he love the young core and is willing to see them develop? Sure that can be true, but he's the last guy you should underestimate Magic when he sees opportunities.

well we all need some hope to live our lives, i guess

The Lakers didn't bring Magic and Pelinka to voice patience.

The problem is that I don't think we can build team that is good enough to take down GS. It them and everyone else in the west.

You don't hinge your plan on other teams, there could be injuries or possible fatigue.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/10/dont-bother-building-a-super-team-now-the-warriors-and-cavs-will-still-dominate-2017-18-nba-season/
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:

Quote:

Bulls reportedly made an offer to the Lakers of Jimmy Butler & 2nd round pick for Luol Deng, D'Angelo Russell, and the 28th pick

Only way that is legit is Chicago is dumb enough to actually place any positive value to Deng. Everyone else would see Deng purely as negative and therefore would need additional assets to offset. But as a former bull perhaps they see he brings more to the table than basketball skills. Similar to how we resigned vlade after we traded Shaq. But the difference there is we weren't paying vlade to put up shaq numbers.

So if they assign any positive value to Deng this makes sense. Otherwise this is a fake article
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

If we get PG13 and some other good player we will be up there in terms of contention, anything can happen in the playoffs...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 711, 712, 713 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 712 of 1813
Jump to: