OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Exactly, there's not much difference between winning 30 and 35 games except giving Philly a better draft pick. Landing Hezonja for Lou - who is not in the team's long-term plans - would be the equivalent of keeping the pick this season. Would anybody not trade Lou to Philly for our pick back this season?

For those who pay the bills there is a big difference between 30 and 35 wins, and even bigger if the team can make the playoffs. And Lou is in our plans, Jim Buss has referred to him as part of our core. We aren't tanking, I know that is hard for some to understand. We aren't eager to be Philly and have a bunch of young players that we have to develop and then lose some of them when it comes time to pay them. We need to stop thinking like losers and embrace winning.

I thought deng/Mozgov/mwp are here for vet leadership.

That's why you are ok with deng's production of 2/2/1. Err 10/6... My bad again 8/5

VLF's full support of every move the Lakers make, gives me a hunch that he's involved or connected with the Organization.

as far Lou for Hezonja I would do it if the Magic add Jeff Green.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Exactly, there's not much difference between winning 30 and 35 games except giving Philly a better draft pick. Landing Hezonja for Lou - who is not in the team's long-term plans - would be the equivalent of keeping the pick this season. Would anybody not trade Lou to Philly for our pick back this season?

For those who pay the bills there is a big difference between 30 and 35 wins, and even bigger if the team can make the playoffs. And Lou is in our plans, Jim Buss has referred to him as part of our core. We aren't tanking, I know that is hard for some to understand. We aren't eager to be Philly and have a bunch of young players that we have to develop and then lose some of them when it comes time to pay them. We need to stop thinking like losers and embrace winning.

That's why you are ok with deng's production of 2/2/1. Err 10/6... My bad again 8/5

Ok, though I don't see how that has anything to do with what I posted.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Will Lou be here in five seasons? What kind of impact will he be making at age 35-36? Because Nance will be 28-29, Randle 27, Russell 25, Ingram and Zubac 24 in five years. All of them have long-term potential for the Lakers; Lou is Sedale Threatt. I'm not advocating trading him for a low 1st round pick or for cap space, but adding a potentially better player (long-term) who fits age-wise with the young core should trump a likely failed playoff push. There's a difference between full-on tanking and savvy asset management. JMO.

Lou very well might be here in 5 seasons, as the FO has said, they consider him part of the core.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
So as the standing for today, Lakers W10 L14, Magic W10 L13. Can anyone explain to me why at this point Magic is trying to trade a high lottery pick prospect to help them getting to the playoff while Lakers should trade one of the best players on the team?

The Lakers know that the end game isn't riding short-term veterans to a token playoff experience?

I don't think there's one right way for the Lakers to work their way out of the woods, but the foundation of this team is three 20 year olds who were top ten draft picks. The Lakers had to go through three seasons of progressively worsening records to build that foundation. Sacrificing a handful of short-term wins to add the potential long-term gain of another top five draft pick who fits the roster could arguably be more strategically sound. Lose the battle, win the war - that whole thing.

You can trade all your valuable veteran players and don't care about the standing. This is the same logic as tanking. Or you can develop the youth with good veteran and try to be competitive at the same time. There is no right or wrong answer. But I don't think front office wants tanking.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject:

We need defensive players asap. If that mean to trade Young I am all for it. We can score. We have weapons to score. We need defense. This team is just awful on defensive end. Reason is that the players are just not defensive minded and they are lazy on defense. Thats why we need to acquire someone who has the defense in his blood.
Also new medical staff. There is no team with so many injuries as we are. First goal during next off season for front office is to deal with this issue.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
We need defensive players asap. If that mean to trade Young I am all for it. We can score. We have weapons to score. We need defense. This team is just awful on defensive end. Reason is that the players are just not defensive minded and they are lazy on defense. Thats why we need to acquire someone who has the defense in his blood.
Also new medical staff. There is no team with so many injuries as we are. First goal during next off season for front office is to deal with this issue.

Young was actually our most reliable defensive player before he went down, having him back will be huge cause when someone plays defense sometimes the team starts to follow someone's lead.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

Spurs listening for lma offers

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/With-trade-rumors-surfacing-Aldridge-s-future-9981115.php

Honeymoon ended I guess
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject:

Lou+Randle+JC for Cousins
Deng+Young to T-wolves for Lavine and muhammad.

Dlo
Lavine
Ingram
Nance
Cousins
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:

Dlo
Lavine
Ingram
Nance
Cousins

You sending 23m to twolves and getting back @6m?

Doesn't work like that. We are ajayi not getting Lavine
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:

Dlo
Lavine
Ingram
Nance
Cousins

You guys got to stop with these ridiculous proposals lol
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
We didn't all just watch a DX video and listen to the hype.

Agree to disagree.

Ok well why don't you think he can be a good player?

We've been listing reasons why he can and I'm interested to hear why you think he can't be one.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Spurs listening for lma offers

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/With-trade-rumors-surfacing-Aldridge-s-future-9981115.php

Honeymoon ended I guess

I wasn't crazy about the FO going after him as a FA, I definitely don't want to give up young assets for him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

VLF's full support of every move the Lakers make, gives me a hunch that he's involved or connected with the Organization.

as far Lou for Hezonja I would do it if the Magic add Jeff Green.

There is a difference between understanding what the FO does and fully supporting it.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject:

I think denver needs trades.

Jc and Randle for gary harris and chandler/danilo.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson, Deng, 2nd round pick for Lavine and Rubio. Cut Huertas.

Dlo/Rubio
Swaggy/Lou
Lavine/Ingram
Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Black
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:

Dlo/Rubio
Swaggy/Lou
Lavine/Ingram
Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Black

Is Minny going to leave the NBA? Why would they do that?
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Dlo/Rubio
Swaggy/Lou
Lavine/Ingram
Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Black

Thibs gets his boy Deng which they need for defense and vet leadership, he gets rid of Rubio who they have no need for, and gets a 2nd rounder. They lose a little with JC compared to Lavine but I don't think Lavine is buying into Thibs' philosophy and Thibs said everyone is on the table. We obviously come away the winner but it's not a landslide imo and every trade has a winner and loser.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Dlo/Rubio
Swaggy/Lou
Lavine/Ingram
Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Black

Thibs gets his boy Deng which they need for defense and vet leadership, he gets rid of Rubio who they have no need for, and gets a 2nd rounder. They lose a little with JC compared to Lavine but I don't think Lavine is buying into Thibs' philosophy and Thibs said everyone is on the table. We obviously come away the winner but it's not a landslide imo and every trade has a winner and loser.

It's more like a tsunami that somehow reaches Minnesota from the Pacific Ocean.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Dlo/Rubio
Swaggy/Lou
Lavine/Ingram
Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Black

Great post you really know how to add to the discussion.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Dlo/Rubio
Swaggy/Lou
Lavine/Ingram
Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Black

Minnesota would never do that that trade for obvious reasons.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject:

If Minnesota was in position of fighting for a playoff spot then I can see the desire for a vet but why now? When they signed KG and Prince they solely did it to help mentor the young players in a losing envorinment but Deng? I don't see it.. if Deng is traded it's gonna be to a playoff team or to a team he can help potentially get there.. i.e. Sacramento.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Dlo/Rubio
Swaggy/Lou
Lavine/Ingram
Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Black

Great post you really know how to add to the discussion.

Please give a semi plausible trade then.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:

Dlo/Rubio
Swaggy/Lou
Lavine/Ingram
Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Black

In this trade Minnesota functionally gives up two better assets on cheaper deals for a 2nd round pick. Thibs hasn't demonstrated Billy King level incompetence so far as the Wolves POBO, so it's hard to project him greenlighting a lopsided trade that significantly hurts his team's talent level and financial flexibility in one fell swoop.

Edit to add: include Randle and take back Pekovic, and maybe Thibs doesn't hang up.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Minny doesn't need Clarkson imo.

For now, Deng is way past gone. Thibs probably knows it, so the return of RUbio and lavine is probably out of the picture.

I think they trade Rubio and try to find a SF and relegate Lavine as the 6th man.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject:

My hope remains the same. Find a way to dump Deng once/if he picks it up and sign Jrue Holiday to a deal around 4y/80M, making sure we keep a max slot open for 2018. Might take moving Mozgov or JC but Zubac should be ready by then and JC would be behind DLO/Jrue and possibly PG13 if everything goes right.

Mozgov/Black/Zubac
Randle/Nance
Ingram/Nick or Thabo
DLO/JC
Jrue/Lou

That's a 4th seed in the west next year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 109 of 1813
Jump to: