OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1526, 1527, 1528 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
King Randle wrote:
I don't think they'll move anyone before the start of the season unless they get a valid offer involving Deng. I think they'll roll with this squad and see how they're doing come the trade deadline. If they're fighting for the 8th seed I see them holding on to the main contributors of the squad and make their moves in the off season ( not including Deng who should be moved any chance they get). If they're too far out from and 8th seed then I see them moving JC and hopefully Deng at the deadline.

I think they need to get Deng on the court at PF with Lonzo. Zo might actually make Deng look like he can still play.

Good luck with that....Randle, Nance and Kuzma are ahead of him at PF. And Ingram and Brewer are ahead of him at SF...and to top it off he's too slow to play SF. Deng is absolutely done...I just hope his agent finds a taker form him and we can deal Deng and his disastrous contract.

There is no way that Deng is not in the rotation. We may not like it, but Deng is playing as long as he's here.

Why would we play the worst player in that front court any minutes? They shut him down the last two months of last season, why would you expect them to do something different this season? He's a practice guy, veteran locker room guy now.

Ummm it could be we were tank tanking. The whole nba knew it...ESPN knew it....there was nobody that thought we were sitting our vets because we were trying our best to ....make the playoffs.

No..we would have had a worse record if Deng played. do you understand he can't play. He's a joke and has no business being on this squad. The FO can't get rid of him soon enough. We had to sacrifice DLO to rid Mozgov because Jim and Mitch were incompetent. Now the FO has to get super creative again to rid themselves of the disaster known as Deng.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

Keep his minutes low to the point that he wants out, but not too low where it hurts us later with other FA's and agents. How does a buyout affect our cap?
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
King Randle wrote:
I don't think they'll move anyone before the start of the season unless they get a valid offer involving Deng. I think they'll roll with this squad and see how they're doing come the trade deadline. If they're fighting for the 8th seed I see them holding on to the main contributors of the squad and make their moves in the off season ( not including Deng who should be moved any chance they get). If they're too far out from and 8th seed then I see them moving JC and hopefully Deng at the deadline.

I think they need to get Deng on the court at PF with Lonzo. Zo might actually make Deng look like he can still play.

Good luck with that....Randle, Nance and Kuzma are ahead of him at PF. And Ingram and Brewer are ahead of him at SF...and to top it off he's too slow to play SF. Deng is absolutely done...I just hope his agent finds a taker form him and we can deal Deng and his disastrous contract.

There is no way that Deng is not in the rotation. We may not like it, but Deng is playing as long as he's here.

on what basis?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Are you out of your mind? He got benched last year because he's pathetic. He aged 10 years in 1 year. Randle, Nance and Kuzma (who btw Pelinka and Magic love) are the future and energy of the bigs. When is the last time you heard either Magic Pelinka or Luke say "We expect big things from Deng this year." You haven't because he's a dang footnote with a ridiculous contract who cant play worth a lick.

Out of your mind? You think this is nba 2k where you can just magically make him disappear? Lol...you want him to be the Allen Houston of the lakers....no salary for a team because of the huge pink elephant in corner who we don't play because umm "youth" reasons. We not making the playoffs this year soooo don't even make the call to miss Cleo it's not happening. Sooo it behoves the team to play him to get his value up or he will be stuck in our hand like a old maid card...this is not nba 2k nor fizzy logic mathematics.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Are you out of your mind? He got benched last year because he's pathetic. He aged 10 years in 1 year. Randle, Nance and Kuzma (who btw Pelinka and Magic love) are the future and energy of the bigs. When is the last time you heard either Magic Pelinka or Luke say "We expect big things from Deng this year." You haven't because he's a dang footnote with a ridiculous contract who cant play worth a lick.

Out of your mind? You think this is nba 2k where you can just magically make him disappear? Lol...you want him to be the Allen Houston of the lakers....no salary for a team because of the huge pink elephant in corner who we don't play because umm "youth" reasons. We not making the playoffs this year soooo don't even make the call to miss Cleo it's not happening. Sooo it behoves the team to play him to get his value up or he will be stuck in our hand like a old maid card...this is not nba 2k nor fizzy logic mathematics.

Dude we're stuck with him. He can't play. Showcase what? That he can't play. Do you understand we're going to have to stretch this fool because he is UNTRADEABLE! That's how you make him disappear. Get his value up...Hilarious!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

If Deng shows in practice that he deserves playing time, then he should get time. We aren't tanking so performing the best we can will benefit us in the future.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
If Deng shows in practice that he deserves playing time, then he should get time. We aren't tanking so performing the best we can will benefit us in the future.

If anything, he struggled playing with the pace of last year's team.

This year, we've gotten FASTER. He will likely struggle even more.

(then again I thought Swaggy was getting cut...so there's that. )
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Dude we're stuck with him. He can't play. Showcase what? That he can't play. Do you understand we're going to have to stretch this fool because he is UNTRADEABLE! That's how you make him disappear. Get his value up...Hilarious!

You going to pay him to sit at home and watch tv? Pffft lmao!!!! Whew!! How about giving him minutes at forward off the bench what he was doing in Miami. Smh he couldn't be at that position last year due to Ingram being a rookie at sf. He couldn't play that position because he was too slow but Ingram couldn't play it either smh. He got value of you put him at his correct position.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

thats the reason he should not be playing any mins
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You not going to the playoffs...say it with me. We are not going to the playoffs....we not tanking but you not going to Vegas and put bets on us going to the playoffs either. We building the youth and trying to create cap space for this crazy cap plan like the pinky and the brain plan...lol
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

The free agent class of 2016 cost a lot of front office staff their positions. All of these guys were either let go or removed from their front office.

Mitch: Gave two large 4-year deals to Mozgov and Deng

Phil: Gave one large 4-year deal to Noah and two smaller 4-year deals to Courtney Lee and Lance Thomas that aggregate to a large deal

Budz: Gave Bazemore a 4-year deal and Dwight a 3-year deal (which cost them Horford and required them to take on Miles Plumlee's 4-year deal to get out of a year later).

Hennigan: Gave Biyombo and Augustin 4-year deals. Gave Fournier a 5-year deal.

Griffin: Gave Tristan Thompson and JR Smith 4-year deals

These guys are on the clock:

Oshley: Gave large 4-year deals to Evan Turner and Meyers Leonard, matched a large 4-year deal to Allen Crabbe. Also gave 3-years to Moe Harkless.

Wallace: Gave Chandler Parsons a 4-year max deal and Conoly a 5-year max deal.

Demps: Gave Solomon Hill and E'Twaun Moore 4-year deals (after previously resigning to a long contract).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

2016...Admiral Ackbar...IT'S A TRAP!!!
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

Does anyone know if Deng is one of the "9 or 10 guys" that's in the gym every day? If he isn't, he's not helping his case very much to be part of this team moving forward. He seems like a really good guy, but if he does get dealt, I wouldn't feel bad one bit. He can dry his eyes with some of that $54M remaining.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If anything, he struggled playing with the pace of last year's team.

This year, we've gotten FASTER. He will likely struggle even more.

(then again I thought Swaggy was getting cut...so there's that. )

Maybe we have a grind it out unit that plays every now and again. We have the post player for it (Brook) and Deng would be capable at PF in that role. KCP is used to that style and we would just need the PnR Trigger man and another wing defender.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You not going to the playoffs...say it with me. We are not going to the playoffs....we not tanking but you not going to Vegas and put bets on us going to the playoffs either. We building the youth and trying to create cap space for this crazy cap plan like the pinky and the brain plan...lol

huh? i said the same thing. he has no value or place on this roster. keep him inactive
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Does anyone know if Deng is one of the "9 or 10 guys" that's in the gym every day? If he isn't, he's not helping his case very much to be part of this team moving forward. He seems like a really good guy, but if he does get dealt, I wouldn't feel bad one bit. He can dry his eyes with some of that $54M remaining.

Will you feel bad if we have to attach draft picks to do that...I will because that's how good teams are now being structured and built via the draft .
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
When I see names like Jarrett Jack and Brandon Jennings being thrown out here, I hope people are finally starting to realize how much we needed to get Rondo. Watching the team blow a 26 point lead without Lonzo made this fact even more evident.

Maybe we should sign Derrick Rose... at least he'd have some sort of "Weekend at Bernie's" effect as his presence might at least psych out some teams for one season into believing we had a decent second unit leader.

I think there's quite a few that agree Rondo is better than the other PGs still available. But, NOP was able to offer a starting role and familiarity with Boogie.

I don't really want Jennings on our team. I'm neutral on Rose. The reality is that pretty much either of those guys along with players like Ennis and Sessions are upgrades for the bench and insurance policies for a Lonzo injury. It's not like the FO is unaware of the need. We know they talked to George Hill and Rondo. I prefer consistent ball distribution over another Lou/Clarkson scorer type. I'll be seriously disappointed if we end up with Farmar.

Agree, just wished we made more effort to trade one of the eventual discards in order to make Rondo happen. Maybe we did... I hope so at least.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Will you feel bad if we have to attach draft picks to do that...I will because that's how good teams are now being structured and built via the draft .

I'd see where this team stands near the trade deadline, but because we're going to be serious players next off season, my hope is that we will be a playoff team starting next year especially if we exceed expectations this year. So I wouldn't mind as much if those picks turn out to be mid-late rounders anyway. We can then shift our focus to adding bargain veterans instead of rookies with potential.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

would be interested to see how much Deng would be willing to give up if he asks to be bought out due to frustration of no playing time
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Keep his minutes low to the point that he wants out, but not too low where it hurts us later with other FA's and agents. How does a buyout affect our cap?

It is just an adjustment to the salary owed in a stretch waiver and the rest of the process - accounting would be the same as a stretch waiver.

I realize that some are hoping that he takes a buyout and gives a sizable discount (giveback) to get out of his contract. If had a decent future ahead of him with a good chance to make enough money to offset what he gave up in the buyout, then he might be open to giving a sizable discount. Since his future in the NBA isn't that bright, he might get offers at the veteran minimum at best.

I wouldn't expect him to giveback much salary in a buyout situation.

Last edited by Bard207 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

I'd see where this team stands near the trade deadline, but because we're going to be serious players next off season, my hope is that we will be a playoff team starting next year especially if we exceed expectations this year. So I wouldn't mind as much if those picks turn out to be mid-late rounders anyway. We can then shift our focus to adding bargain veterans instead of rookies with potential.

We have to look out for the Boogie situation in NOLA.

He's not re-signing there obviously.

They might want Randle than to lose him for nothing in free agency.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I've read a bunch of posts suggesting trades. Some look good but they are speculative.

Stick with the plan. Aim at 2 max players in 2018 without gutting the young nucleus. If Earvin and Rob can dump Deng's contract and stay with the plan I'm gonna pass the Mitch magic wand.

The trades the FO has made so far will make us competitive next season. Haven't been this stoked for a season in some time.

2 (likely 3) out of JC/Deng/Jules will be gone to make cap space room for 2 maxes in 2018.

Again, I'm probably in the minority, I've never been a Julius Randle fan.

I have no evidence, just a gut feeling. He seems to be a selfish player. If I'm right he'll hurt the chemistry the team is forming, passing the ball.

IMO Kyle Kuzma and Larry Nance Jr. can adequately fill the PF position next season during the rebuild. 2018 FA is the goal.

I kinda worry about JC. He's a ISO machine. I think with Zo handling the ball this will change. Knowing he'll get the ball on the move maybe his spot up will improve.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
King Randle wrote:

You going to pay him to sit at home and watch tv? Pffft lmao!!!! Whew!! How about giving him minutes at forward off the bench what he was doing in Miami. Smh he couldn't be at that position last year due to Ingram being a rookie at sf. He couldn't play that position because he was too slow but Ingram couldn't play it either smh. He got value of you put him at his correct position.

Yeah...keep telling yourself that. Play him because we owe him money. Dumbest reason I've ever heard. You must really not watch any basketball bro....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I've read a bunch of posts suggesting trades. Some look good but they are speculative.

Stick with the plan. Aim at 2 max players in 2018 without gutting the young nucleus. If Earvin and Rob can dump Deng's contract and stay with the plan I'm gonna pass the Mitch magic wand.

The trades the FO has made so far will make us competitive next season. Haven't been this stoked for a season in some time.

2 (likely 3) out of JC/Deng/Jules will be gone to make cap space room for 2 maxes in 2018.

Again, I'm probably in the minority, I've never been a Julius Randle fan.

I have no evidence, just a gut feeling. He seems to be a selfish player. If I'm right he'll hurt the chemistry the team is forming, passing the ball.

IMO Kyle Kuzma and Larry Nance Jr. can adequately fill the PF position next season during the rebuild. 2018 FA is the goal.

I kinda worry about JC. He's a ISO machine. I think with Zo handling the ball this will change. Knowing he'll get the ball on the move maybe his spot up will improve.

Chances of all 3 being gone are pretty high, 100% sure than 2 of the 3 are gone. If LBJ is coming, chances are Jules is out (LBJ is eligible for a higher max than PG13).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1526, 1527, 1528 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 1527 of 1813
Jump to: