OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1630, 1631, 1632 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject:

Good Lord,is there anyone really comparing Nash and Howard when they became(unfortunate days) Lakers with LBJ?
Seriously?
The guy is still a top2 NBA player,arguably Top1
You can hate on him as you want,but he will make instant contender each and every team he'll be in for the next 3 years,to say the least
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject:

mixtim wrote:
Good Lord,is there anyone really comparing Nash and Howard when they became(unfortunate days) Lakers with LBJ?
Seriously?
The guy is still a top2 NBA player,arguably Top1
You can hate on him as you want,but he will make instant contender each and every team he'll be in for the next 3 years,to say the least

Foolish foolish pride.

If an NBA finalist accepted someone like KD, why would a lottery team like us turn down a player like LBJ?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Ingram>Kyrie

The kid has never played against NBA competition, today,
he is absolutely NOT as good as Irving; will he be? Who knows ?
He could be or he could be a world of injuries; only time will tell.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_M8br4FYvTs

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LeBron to the Lakers as a FA = yes.

LeBron to the Lakers for any combo not involving Ball or Ingram = yes.

Anything else = no.

Coming to LA as a PF will only extend his career - less work, less energy expended, etc. He could thrive into his late 30s.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject:

diamondcutter wrote:
MJST wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
MJST wrote:
If LeBron came here he's only doing a 1 year deal, player option on 2nd year.

That's ALL he's doing, because he wants the option to leave if stuff isn't going how he likes. That's how he holds leverage on these teams. Kyrie obviously had enough and felt like chop liver at this point. If LeBron keeps on being "eh I may leave next year if you aren't up to snuff" it makes Kyrie feel like "well so that's what he thinks of me?"

It also pressured Cleveland into signing Thompson and JR Smith on those huge deals that LeBron wanted, and THEN LeBron complained about lack of depth and the FO got blamed for giving JR Smith and Thompson those huge contracts despite being the main reason they happened.

What Kyrie Irving saw was a guy holding a team hostage as if he could leave them any moment with nothing and because of it that team builds around him despite the fact he can leave at any time, and Kyrie doesn't want to stick around for it. He doesn't want to stick around a situation where they build a team around one guy who can leave on the yearly and then when he does, leaves the Cavs with all the financial problems and team building he had asked for but won't get any blame for.

Good on Kyrie for making that kind of decision and forcing Cleveland to actually have to analyze who they should be building around. The guy who keeps on taking 1+1 deals and can leave at any second or the guy that has stayed loyal to Cleveland since day one and signed on long term before LeBron or Love even got there.

For the record, Kyrie had been talking to Kobe about how to avoid a Shaq/Kobe situation. Looks like he's utilizing whatever advice Kobe gave him.

While I won't rule out LeBron doing a 1+1 deal if he signed here, I think the odds are better than he would do a 2+1. The current deal he's on is a 2+1. I'm going off of gut feeling that I think he would give the Lakers a 2-year commitment. I could be wrong but that's my gut feeling.

As LeBron only care about going to the Finals every year and rings at this point, I don't think he's giving us 2 years of his time. It's a year at a time and we HAVE to build around what he wants because if we don't he's bolting to what he feels is a better situation and leaving us with the problems left behind from building around him instead of the core. That is what Kyrie saw the writing on the wall with and I think frustrated him the most tbh.

The majority of the Cavs problems LeBron complained about as far as cap and all that is because he pushed so hard for the Cavs to re-sign JR Smith and Tristan Thompson to those huge deals, but does LeBron get credit for it? No, and the Cavs are treated like they aren't doing what's best or trying to do what's best and painted as the problem, and this he has leeway to leave without any hate cause the "Cavs messed up, not LeBron."

Kyrie saw the Cavs continuing to bend to LeBron's every will while he could bolt on them any season, while NOT building around him who they actually have the potential longevity with so that if LeBron bolted, it'd be Kyrie and all the Cavs financial problems trying to carry a team built for LeBron James instead of that benefits him.

So him wanting out before LeBron does this again for another season is very understandable.

How would we have felt if Kobe had held us hostage on a year by year basis and forced us to do every move he wanted, or he was walking.

And then after we do that he starts complaining about the team not doing enough, and wants more stuff we can't financially do because of all the other requests of his we fulfilled and despite us having a finals trip every year.

And then after we do all that... he bolts to go form another superteam somewhere else while leaving us with all his requests/mistakes while we as an organization get the full blame...

There's a reason why Jerry Buss made it a point after what happened with Magic and the coaching situation, to not let players leverage the team anymore. When Shaq tried it he got traded, when Kobe tried it, Jerry showed him precisely where they'd trade him and precisely what they'd take back. Heck even when Ariza's agent tried to leverage Jerry Buss we went and got Ron Artest and told Ariza "see ya".

There is something to be said about running it that way and letting the players understand where they can make decisions and where they don't.

Jerry Buss was very good at this.

Unfortunately the Cavs did not run it that way, and will bend to whatever LeBron wants, and he holds them hostage because of it, and now they are in a situation they can't really get out of because of all the other commitments, and LeBron holding doing what he asked over their head like their problem and gearing up to easily use it to dump them behind in the off-season so he can go form another superteam somewhere else.

Kyrie saw the writing on the wall while he was treated like chop liver and went "done."

I think MJST articulated the LeBron conundrum right on the head. I've always despised LeBron because he's held ownership, management, and the fans of the teams he's played for hostage year-in and year-out. He's said he wants to win for "The Land" or "South Beach", but his actions have consistently shown that he's only loyal to nobody but himself and his brand. I've been a proud Laker fan since I could first walk and I've never seen the Lakers bend the knee to the degree that King James has constantly demanded throughout his career. It guts me to think we're going to become the Los Angeles LeBron's in 2018, and that we will end up selling our very soul in the process. I'm always going to be a Laker fan first and foremost no matter what, but I'm not going to lie...it's going to be hard for me to feel good about the Lakers signing LeBron. Even if we win with him, it just won't feel as sweet to me as it did with Magic/Kareem, Shaq/Kobe, and Kobe/Pau. I want the Lakers to win as much as anyone...but I'm afraid to lose the intangible thing that has made the Lakers special all these decades prior by kowtowing to the self-proclaimed "Chosen One".

Don't want to see that happen either.
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
I'd do Ingram+ JC for Irving if PG 13 commits. Kyrie is a perennial all star who's still young. Not sure how Ingram-PG 13 works long-term. PG and Kyrie will take care of the scoring while Lonzo can play his game.

C
Randle
PG 13
Kyrie
Ball

I don't want LeBron. He will demand a 3rd all star forcing to trade Ingram, but for much lesser player than Kyrie imo. And Maglinka won't turn down 33 year old LeBron just cos he tries to be LeGM here.

PG13 can't commit unless he's a FA in 2018. So how are you gonna make an offer for Kyrie in 2018 when he will be gone this year?
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
BigE32 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
mookielala wrote:
I don't think Lebron is coming here. I just don't. And, while I think he is fine person, I prefer it that way. I don't want Lakers to be just the next team to rent Lebron for a chance at the finals. Not as fun as building/working for it.

Laker fans were ecstatic when we pulled off the moves for Nash and Dwight Howard. We had been jilted by the nixed CP3 trade fiasco and the thinking was that we had recovered by getting the league's best center and an aging, though still-very-good, point guard with savvy, and keep in mind that the Lakers' point guard situation at that time was very weak. We were the betting favorite in Las Vegas to win the championship.

Steve Nash and Dwight Howard had not played a single game for the Lakers. While there may have been a vocal minority against those moves, the vast majority of fans were gleeful. I remember that July 4th very well, and when word broke of Nash's signing, the mood was joyous.

How is it any different if we got LeBron? I welcome any move that helps us get demonstrably better, especially if it doesn't gut the young core. And I would remind people that LeBron would be choosing to be a Los Angeles Laker. Nobody would be forcing him to do that. I have some issues with some of the stuff off-the-court that he brings, but what he brings on the court outweighs that significantly. In terms of LeBron the player, he's an unselfish player who would fit in perfectly.

You articulated your thoughts very well and I agree 100%.

I agree as well. LeBron should be the final piece, not the centerpiece.

Me too! People who rejected Lebron, even saw one who even tag/mention his twitter account saying keep away from Lakers, are plain stupid if not too emotional.

The guy will come...if he will, as a Free agent. Again FREE for FREE as FREE Agent not via trade where we will lose assets to get him. Also, he is in what? 7 consecutive Finals appearances? Do you consider him not an asset to any team? I dont care about his off-court demeanor as long as he is the best player in the game.

He may not be the BEST in the NBA right now, but he is still Top 3 Best player currently even @ 34 something...
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject:

Bron is 32, Will be 33 at the end of December....
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:

So he will join us at age 33.

At age 33, Jordan started his second threepeat.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject:

If the rumors are true that PG and LBJ will come to the Lakers next year, the only team stopping us are theDubs.

Grizz and Spurs=too old
Rockets= Top3 but No D
Clips=Not the same without CP3
OKC=One Man Team
Jazz=Rebuilding
Nuggets,Wolves and Portland=all capable of challenging but would need more firepower.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

So he will join us at age 33.

At age 33, Jordan started his second threepeat.

actually think if Kobe's achilles didn't get injured, he'd remain a top 5 players til his late 30s. These guys fitness regimens are inhumane
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
If the rumors are true that PG and LBJ will come to the Lakers next year, the only team stopping us are theDubs.

Grizz and Spurs=too old
Rockets= Top3 but No D
OKC=One Man Team
Jazz=Rebuilding
Nuggets,Wolves and Portland=all capable of challenging but would need more firepower.

Agree with this. I don't really get the arguments against Lebron on the Lakers, feels like an emotional reaction. I've always disliked him (the person, not the game), but would welcome him instantly. He's been extremely durable, and would mesh well with Lonzo. The only thing I'd be remotely worried about would be trading Ball and/or Ingram for a true win now play -- however, I trust that Magic and Pelinka won't let that happen.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject:

I finally get the LeBron hate on here

It all stems from Kobe. You guys are more concern with LeBron being better than Kobe (Pssstttt, he already has, and that's okay. It's not the end of the world) and for the fact that he can potentially pass Kobe in rings. By indirectly defending Kobe, you make some outrageous claims like "LeBron isn't a pass first player" do you know how ridiculous that sounds? I guess LeBron is getting his assists by some voodoo magic, right?

What I suggest you guys do, is realize that Kobe Bryant is not be all end all when it comes to the NBA. There will be players that will be better than him, like LeBron James. Go outside, read a book, do something besides idolizing a basketball player to the point that hinders you from evolving as a basketball fan. LeBron is a tremendous fit for this team. This enjoy something for once, you might find it better for your life.

Last edited by True Lakers Fan on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Grizz and Spurs=too old
Rockets= Top3 but No D
OKC=One Man Team
Jazz=Rebuilding

Agree with this. I don't really get the arguments against Lebron on the Lakers, feels like an emotional reaction. I've always disliked him (the person, not the game), but would welcome him instantly. He's been extremely durable, and would mesh well with Lonzo. The only thing I'd be remotely worried about would be trading Ball and/or Ingram for a true win now play -- however, I trust that Magic and Pelinka won't let that happen.

The reason why PG and LBJ would consider the Lakers next year is because of our young core.

We might have taken a hit wit the Brooklyn deal but it was necessary to accommodate both of them, besides Kuzma is shaping up to be a welcome replacement.

They will not come here via trades.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:

It all stems from Kobe. You guys are more concern with LeBron being better than Kobe (Pssstttt, he already has, and that's okay. It's not the end of the world) and for the fact that he can potentially pass Kobe in rings. By indirectly defending Kobe, you make some outrageous claims like "LeBron isn't a pass first player" do you know how ridiculous that sounds? I guess LeBron is getting his assists by some voodoo magic, right?

What I suggest you guys do, is realize that Kobe Bryant is not be all end all when it comes to the NBA. There will be players that will be better than him, like LeBron James. Go outside, read a book do something besides idolizing a basketball player that hinders you from evolving as a basketball fan. LeBron is a tremendous fit for this team. This enjoy something for once, you might find it better for your life.

What people don't get is LBJ can only have maximum 2 (possible) rings with him, making him and Kobe tied with 5.

Time to set aside whatever records are out there.

The only record that matters right now is NBA Title 18th.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:

It all stems from Kobe. You guys are more concern with LeBron being better than Kobe
(Pssstttt, he already has, and that's okay. It's not the end of the world) and for the fact that he can potentially pass Kobe in rings. By indirectly defending Kobe, you make some outrageous claims like "LeBron isn't a pass first player" do you know how ridiculous that sounds? I guess LeBron is getting his assists by some voodoo magic, right?

What I suggest you guys do, is realize that Kobe Bryant is not be all end all when it comes to the NBA. There will be players that will be better than him, like LeBron James. Go outside, read a book, do something besides idolizing a basketball player to the point that hinders you from evolving as a basketball fan. LeBron is a tremendous fit for this team. This enjoy something for once, you might find it better for your life.

Last edited by FreakofNature on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

The audacity to ridicule a Lakers fans hate for a non Laker.
I'll accept LeBron once/if he becomes a Laker. Till then...
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

So hating a player because he's not a Laker is sane?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
epak wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

Is it insane?
You seem to have this idea that being a Kobe fan means you're not a Lakers fan. I'm sure there are some Kobe-only fans. But I'd say a majority of Lakers fans who love Kobe do so because Kobe is a Laker.

And since you are a true Lakers fan, I'm sure you loved Kobe. And I'm sure u invested your heart into the team. Especially in the 2000s when Kobe was the best player on the planet? In that u would understand a fan base who would be protective of Kobe right? After investing our fandom and soul into the team and the best player on the team.

You're gonna judge me for hating on AI, Vince, Tmac, Shaq (post trade), kg, LeBron etc even tho they are all great players? You're not taking that away from me!

Until they become a Laker of course.

Last edited by epak on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
epak wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

Is it insane?

By that response, you have told me the mentality you have as a Laker fan
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

Edited above. But thanks for the mental shot.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
epak wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

Is it insane?
You seem to have this idea that being a Kobe fan means you're not a Lakers fan. I'm sure there are some Kobe-only fans. But I'd say a majority of Lakers fans who love Kobe do so because Kobe is a Laker.

And since you are a true Lakers fan, I'm sure you loved Kobe. And I'm sure u invested your heart into the team. Especially in the 2000s when Kobe was the best player on the planet? In that u would understand a fan base who would be protective of Kobe right? After investing our fandom and soul into the team and the best player on the team.

You're gonna judge me for hating on AI, Vince, Tmac, Shaq (post trade), kg, LeBron etc even tho they are all great players? You're not taking that away from me!

Until they become a Laker of course.

That's some really narrow-minded logic right there

For me personally I don't get caught up in " oh, he's not a Laker so I hate him"

I love the game of basketball and then I love the Lakers, not the other away around.
Icaruz
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:

I think you are generalizing. I am mix about having LeBron here. Not because he would pass Kobe, that's not important. But LeBron is drama. If he signs here its going to be a 1+1 like Durant. He would then demand that his friends be signed. He (Rich Paul) will demand Max for KCP. In Cleveland, he got the owner to fork over big contracts for Tristan Thompson, JR Smith and Iman Shumpert (Thompson and Smith agent is Rich Paul). He is going to do the same in LA. He is going to put us in cap hell, then when he thinks that he reach the end of the road with LA, he will just pack up and leave. We would be stuck with what we did to please him so that he comes here in the first place.

For me that's why i am mix on him...plus he will 34 the year we sign him. Kobe was like 34-35 when he torn the ACL? So one bad injury and LBJ is no longer LBJ and we would be back to stone age

Last edited by Icaruz on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

Well, then it explains why you don't understand some here right?
This isn't NBA Ground. It's Lakers Ground.
True NBA Fan is a more proper ID for u?

By the way, can you chill with the insane and narrow minded stuff? I know people don't agree with your giant logical brain, but chill.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

5 > 3
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1630, 1631, 1632 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 1631 of 1813
Jump to: