OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1729, 1730, 1731 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

I don't remember a single team winning with triangle without Tex.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I thought this was a good article explaining the different FA options next year.

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/08/01/breaking-down-the-lakers-cap-situation-for-the-summer-of-2018/
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jankobe wrote:
Knicks are trying to trade KP on draft day to Celtics 1st overall pick & looking to select Lonzo Ball.

It seems NYK really serious on trading KP. Can we trade for him w/o sending Lonzo & Ingram?

If you believe in Magic

Or if you want the next Yao Ming.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

or hes just not that good
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
I thought this was a good article explaining the different FA options next year.

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/08/01/breaking-down-the-lakers-cap-situation-for-the-summer-of-2018/

They worked under the premise that we would like to let KCP and Lopez go, move JC and Deng and keep Randle, it looks more like a LG debate than a real analysis of the scenario, but it helps us to visualize how much we have in those scenarios.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
governator wrote:
jankobe wrote:
Knicks are trying to trade KP on draft day to Celtics 1st overall pick & looking to select Lonzo Ball.

It seems NYK really serious on trading KP. Can we trade for him w/o sending Lonzo & Ingram?

If you believe in Magic

Or if you want the next Yao Ming.

I didn't mean Magic as in Magic Johnson (But KP's game is different than Yao)
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

I might get bashed for this, but it seems pretty weird that we haven't been linked to Carmelo or Irving despite the fact that winning is a goal right now, the more talent we add the more wins we get and thus the better chance that FAs are enticed next summer to join the Lakers empire, I understand the desire not to go after Irving since it looks like we are getting LeBron and both despite each other, I just think we can use another bold move before the season starts, we are the Lakers after all and through out our history we have always made unexpected moves that made the NBA turn.
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I might get bashed for this, but it seems pretty weird that we haven't been linked to Carmelo or Irving despite the fact that winning is a goal right now, the more talent we add the more wins we get and thus the better chance that FAs are enticed next summer to join the Lakers empire, I understand the desire not to go after Irving since it looks like we are getting LeBron and both despite each other, I just think we can use another bold move before the season starts, we are the Lakers after all and through out our history we have always made unexpected moves that made the NBA turn.

Carmelo is a non-starter. He has a no-trade clause in his contract so unless he wants to come to the Lakers, and all reports suggest that's not the case, he won't be coming here.

For Kyrie, you need to answer what you're willing to give up. The going price for him that Phoenix is offering is Bledsoe+Bender+1st round pick. What package do you propose offering that beats that one? Lonzo+Ingram? No thanks.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:

Excellent Article. I am sure a lot of posters here have been looking for something like this to understand the CAP situation and the 2 Max Deals.

My wish is for a 1 Max Deal and keeping JR, JC, and BL.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Excellent Article. I am sure a lot of posters here have been looking for something like this to understand the CAP situation and the 2 Max Deals.

Umm, I've been basically posting about these things daily, and even in my sig.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Cavs' goal of Kyrie Irving trade tied to fear of losing LeBron James

LINK
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Umm, comments that start with umm are so patronizing. The article shows all the different scenarios in one simple page. That's a bit easier than searching through a person's post history.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Umm, comments that start with umm are so patronizing. The article shows all the different scenarios in one simple page. That's a bit easier than searching through a person's post history.

kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Id be willing to bet the if LeBron decides to come to the Lakers he'd be willing to take slightly less salary to enable the Lakers to keep Randle. He's well beyond the point of needing more money. If he were to take $30 mil rather than $36 they could pay Julius and stay under the cap. Why come to LA and not give yourself a chance to win.
If they don't sign LeBron they'll probably be signing a guy that's only eligible for $30mil, so we won't have that issue anyway.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Id be willing to bet the if LeBron decides to come to the Lakers he'd be willing to take slightly less salary to enable the Lakers to keep Randle. He's well beyond the point of needing more money. If he were to take $30 mil rather than $36 they could pay Julius and stay under the cap. Why come to LA and not give yourself a chance to win.
If they don't sign LeBron they'll probably be signing a guy that's only eligible for $30mil, so we won't have that issue anyway.

Yes but at the same time, would Julius mind being the super 6th man if LBJ brings another max superstar with him?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:

I do not know, I think he has specifically said in recent years that he would not take less than the max again because he feels it is damaging to the NBPA. I think he feels other owners would use it to pressure other players to take less....at least that is my understanding of his position.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:

It'd be nice.. but this tweet from him last month leads me to believe he's all about getting paid.. I could be wrong though!

Quote:

LeBron James

@KingJames

So tell me again why there's a cap on how much a player should get?? Don't answer that. Steph should be getting 400M this summer 5yrs. #JMTs https://twitter.com/annkillion/status/881211431391182848
12:12 PM - Jul 1, 2017
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Why would we pay less when we sent a message a few years ago thae we pay top dollar and take care of stars?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

There could still be time to take care of him. If he signs for 2 years we have early bird rights and can offer him a 4 year max. It would screw our cap due to the over 38 rule but our cap will be screwed anyway.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

He could sign the same kind of opt out he has in Cleveland. It's really not a stretch to believe a guy who makes 50mil off the court would fret over a few million. He owns a house in LA and he wants to set up his post playing career. This would be a chance to create a final legacy in the media capital of the world. I think he has every intention of coming to LA , a few million means nothing to him.

Durant set the precedent.

It's not about saving the Lakers money, it's about stepping into a better team. Remember who complained about his team being top heavy? He knows that more talent is better.

Last edited by kevin61 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

I think we trade away Clarkson and Deng and let Randle walk. We trade Clarkson at the trade deadline for an expiring contract. We trade Deng after the draft for 2 1st round picks and Zubac. We sign PG and Lebron and each takes a little less so we can still sign KCP for $12 million on a 1+1. We will have KCP's early Bird rights in 2019 so he can opt out and resign a 4 year $18 million deal. Lopez signs for the room exception knowing we have his Bird rights in 2019. The market is dry for 30-plus year old big men, and Lopez decides to take a one year sacrifice to play in LA for a contender. Lastly, we get a couple of vet minimum ring chasers, one being DWade.

Ball
KCP
George
James
Lopez

Hart
Wade
Ingram
Kuzma
Nance

We lose to GSW to 7 games in 18-19 and in 19-20 we beat GSW in 7 games then go on to spank the Celtics in 5 games in the Finals.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Why would we pay less when we sent a message a few years ago thae we pay top dollar and take care of stars?

We'd pay less because he'd allow us to in order to make the team he'd be playing on better. Obviously, it isn't a case of us not taking care of him, he can get whatever he asks for.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

SOLakerFan wrote:
I think we trade away Clarkson and Deng and let Randle walk. We trade Clarkson at the trade deadline for an expiring contract. We trade Deng after the draft for 2 1st round picks and Zubac. We sign PG and Lebron and each takes a little less so we can still sign KCP for $12 million on a 1+1. We will have KCP's early Bird rights in 2019 so he can opt out and resign a 4 year $18 million deal. Lopez signs for the room exception knowing we have his Bird rights in 2019. The market is dry for 30-plus year old big men, and Lopez decides to take a one year sacrifice to play in LA for a contender. Lastly, we get a couple of vet minimum ring chasers, one being DWade.

Ball
KCP
George
James
Lopez

Hart
Wade
Ingram
Kuzma
Nance

We lose to GSW to 7 games in 18-19 and in 19-20 we beat GSW in 7 games then go on to spank the Celtics in 5 games in the Finals.

I see no reason to let Randle walk, he's a valuable asset that can't easily be replaced when the teams capped out.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Yes but at the same time, would Julius mind being the super 6th man if LBJ brings another max superstar with him?

Julius is young, he'd have a big contract, playing with an all time great on a championship contender, I think he'd manage.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

SOLakerFan wrote:

Ball
KCP
George
James
Lopez

Hart
Wade
Ingram
Kuzma
Nance

IMO, players are more financially selfish than that. I cannot see both KCP Lopez taking small & short deals just to help us build that roster.

Lopez, I honestly can see but KCP wants to get paid.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1729, 1730, 1731 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 1730 of 1813
Jump to: