OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1775, 1776, 1777 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

FWIW: Bulls Sign Diamond Stone

Quote:
Stone will face competition from other non-guaranteed players – such as David Nwaba – for the final opening, if Chicago even carries a full 15-man roster. Stone currently seems more likely to land in the G League after he spends the preseason with the Bulls.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/09/bulls-to-sign-diamond-stone.html
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
OKC is 1 team who might explore trading WB if they know he's gonna test FA next summer

eyspecially if he still hasn't re-signed by the AS break.

Westbrook has little incentive to re-sign before next offseason. He is seeking a shorter deal and might want to monitor what OKC does with its roster before committing. There are few teams that can afford to give him $35 mil and we have little to deal unless we are dealing our rookies.

The incentive is a guaranteed $200 mil where if he gets injured this season he may not receive that.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

Ater Majok... such a cool name

The New Orleans Pelicans have renounced the draft rights to Ater Majok. The Pelicans acquired the draft rights to Majok in the the Quincy Pondexter trade with the Chicago Bulls. – via RealGM
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
OKC is 1 team who might explore trading WB if they know he's gonna test FA next summer

Westbrook has little incentive to re-sign before next offseason. He is seeking a shorter deal and might want to monitor what OKC does with its roster before committing. There are few teams that can afford to give him $35 mil and we have little to deal unless we are dealing our rookies.

The incentive is a guaranteed $200 mil where if he gets injured this season he may not receive that.

Yup. Given his past knee injuries and the crazy amounts of minutes he plays (and the style he plays), that's quite an interesting gamble.

If he was 100% committed to OKC (which he did when KD left him), why would he have to wait until next summer to be 100% committed to OKC?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Roon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yup. Given his past knee injuries and the crazy amounts of minutes he plays (and the style he plays), that's quite an interesting gamble.

If he was 100% committed to OKC (which he did when KD left him), why would he have to wait until next summer to be 100% committed to OKC?

Hm. Even with an injury (a part from anything life threatening), dont you think any team out there would give Russell a max?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Roon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Hm. Even with an injury (a part from anything life threatening), dont you think any team out there would give Russell a max?

Depends on the injury.

And he's eligible for a 35m/year max. Wes Matthews had an Achilles injury and they paid him something like 17m/year, which is half of what WB would make.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Rudy Gay has a two year contract with a player option on the second year.

2017 - 18
$8,406,000

2018 - 19
$8,826,300
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Roon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Depends on the injury.

And he's eligible for a 35m/year max. Wes Matthews had an Achilles injury and they paid him something like 17m/year, which is half of what WB would make.

Just to be clear, I dont think you're meaning to compare RW with Matthews. But u're just saying that Wes didnt get a max after his injury?

What do you think Wes would have gotten that year if he wasnt injured? I guess comparing what he would have gotten to what he got would be a better comparison than comparing RW's possible max to Matthew's numbers.

Or are you trying to make another point?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I'm just giving an example of a player with a major injury that got a pretty decently sized deal (non max). I'm sure WB would get 20m+, but not sure he would get 35m if he blew his ACL for example.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Just to be clear, I dont think you're meaning to compare RW with Matthews. But u're just saying that Wes didnt get a max after his injury?

What do you think Wes would have gotten that year if he wasnt injured? I guess comparing what he would have gotten to what he got would be a better comparison than comparing RW's possible max to Matthew's numbers.

If you were a GM and knew that Westbrook wasn't going to be an explosive athlete going forward due to a major injury, what kind of contract would you offer him?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Ater Majok... such a cool name

The New Orleans Pelicans have renounced the draft rights to Ater Majok. The Pelicans acquired the draft rights to Majok in the the Quincy Pondexter trade with the Chicago Bulls. – via RealGM

He was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers in 2011 NBA draft with the 58th pick. Eventually his draft rights were traded in the Jose Calderon deal last season.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
epak wrote:

If you were a GM and knew that Westbrook wasn't going to be an explosive athlete going forward due to a major injury, what kind of contract would you offer him?

So the only use case we're talking about is the one where we know for sure he's not going to be explosive but he can still be on the court? Seems marginal, but for the sake of argument, let's say that happens.

So he's no longer explosive, but he can still be on the court. We would be hard pressed to not give him a Kobe like deal.

Again, this is the marginal example right? Since you're on this topic now, how much would you have given Wes Matthews pre-injury?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm just giving an example of a player with a major injury that got a pretty decently sized deal (non max). I'm sure WB would get 20m+, but not sure he would get 35m if he blew his ACL for example.

I'd think the same.
Then it becomes a math game right? As a player, how often does a player at RW's level get that type of injury at this age? I don't have the numbers, but I wouldn't be opposed to a player betting on themselves not getting hurt.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

As I posted, he is more likely to sign a shorter contract to take advantage of a rising cap. After this season his max and the super max are the same, 35% of the cap.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
epak wrote:

So the only use case we're talking about is the one where we know for sure he's not going to be explosive but he can still be on the court? Seems marginal, but for the sake of argument, let's say that happens.

So he's no longer explosive, but he can still be on the court. We would be hard pressed to not give him a Kobe like deal.

Again, this is the marginal example right? Since you're on this topic now, how much would you have given Wes Matthews pre-injury?

Slightly more than what Dallas gave him post injury.
The problem is that Dallas paid him too much and probably thought the injury wouldn't diminish his game as much.

A lessen to be learned by other teams.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Knicks have agreed on a deal with veteran point guard Jarrett Jack, Michael Scotto of Basketball Insiders writes. The deal is said to be a one-year, non-guaranteed pact.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Boris Diaw Set To Play In France

Veteran NBA forward Boris Diaw will head back to France to start the 2017/18 season, according to David Cozette of SFR Sport (Twitter link), who reports that Diaw has agreed to sign with Levallois Metropolitans. The deal will feature an NBA out clause, per Sportando (Twitter link).
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
epak wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
epak wrote:

Slightly more than what Dallas gave him post injury.
The problem is that Dallas paid him too much and probably thought the injury wouldn't diminish his game as much.

A lessen to be learned by other teams.

We have our own Kobe lesson.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject:

If LBJ comes here, my prediction is Richard Jefferson will be a Laker too. He's one of Luke's best friends and a good friend of LBJ. Nice player to have on a minimum deal.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If LBJ comes here, my prediction is Richard Jefferson will be a Laker too. He's one of Luke's best friends and a good friend of LBJ. Nice player to have on a minimum deal.

Please tell me you mean as a coach, right?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Nope. 12th man off the bench. Mentor.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So if LBJ comes here.
Then if the Cavs waive his 2018-19 non-guaranteed contract.
Then if Lakers think RJ still has it.

2 more ifs after the first.
I don't see it.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Side Note.....man we are a young team. Exclude Deng and Brewer and our average age is 22.5 years of age. League average is 26.2. That's essentially saying this team would need four seasons to reach league average age.

My guess is that we're the youngest team in the league.

Lonzo (19), Ingram (20), Zubac (20), Bryant (20), Randle (22), Kuzma (22), Hart (22), Ennis (23), Pope (24), Nance (24), Jordan (25), Lopez (29), Brewer (31), Deng (32)
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So if LBJ comes here.

I don't see it.

The main thing is really that he's one of Luke's best friends. IIRC they were roommates at Arizona
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So if LBJ comes here.

I don't see it.

The main thing is really that he's one of Luke's best friends. IIRC they were roommates at Arizona

That's the man thing?
Over rj being available. And over the Lakers FO wanting him?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1775, 1776, 1777 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 1776 of 1813
Jump to: