OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
A mid-season trade of Randle & JC for DeMarcus Cousins will cure everything.

Cousins is still worth more, meaning a lot of people's nightmare....Zubac.

I dont think there is any chance a deal gets done for Cousins without either Russell or Ingram included. They would listen to Clarkson, Ingram and Randle. That would be a minimum for them to enter a conversation.

That's a hilarious overpay for Cousins. I wouldn't doubt that's the kind of thing the Kings are looking for, which is probably why they'll either lose him for nothing in 1 1/2 years, or trade him for pennies on the dollar when he's an expiring contract.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

I dont think there is any chance a deal gets done for Cousins without either Russell or Ingram included. They would listen to Clarkson, Ingram and Randle. That would be a minimum for them to enter a conversation.

for 1.5 years of Cousins, Randle/Clarkson is a good package. add 2 2nd and black if needed
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

for 1.5 years of Cousins, Randle/Clarkson is a good package. add 2 2nd and black if needed

Do you think the Kings would do that, trade Cousins for Randle and Clarkson? Why?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject:

At the start of last season, Mychal Thompson said on his show that he sat alongside Vlade Divac during a Lakers Kings preseason game.

Thompson said he through out every possible trade package for Cousins that the Lakers could do. Vlade declined them all. We had DLO, Clarkson, and Randle at the time.
I'm thinking it would take DLO and Ingram to get Cousins. And I'm still not sure Vlade would do it. The man dropped 27/12 last season. 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks a game.
Hands down the best offensive big man in the league. And above average defensively.

He is what separates the Kings from us right now (in terms of wins). No coincidence we looked alot better against the Kings this preseason when he didn't play.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Kings are not going to trade Cousins to a hated division rival for anything less than Ingram.

Randle/Clarkson is an offer that easily gets beat by other teams.
In theory - some of them can even beat an Ingram offer should they choose to.

I'm not seeing a realistic path for Cousins to LA other than trading Ingram (or say keeping our pick in next year's draft and offering it - which I would hesitate to do), and at this point, I'm not sure that's a bad thing...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

I would not give up Ingram, Randle and Clarkson for him, but I am confident they dont even take your call when they learn your are pitching Randle and Clarkson.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject:

If Clarkson's long-term future is as a sixth-man, signing a SG to start for the Lakers will be a target in next year's free agency.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

and thats fine. wasnt there a report already that is not going to resign with Kings?
I would not give up Ingram, Randle and Clarkson for him, but I am confident they dont even take your call when they learn your are pitching Randle and Clarkson.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
If Clarkson's long-term future is as a sixth-man, signing a SG to start for the Lakers will be a target in next year's free agency.

not a lot of UFA options that fit. Some people have suggested Reddick, but I think his age is outside the window if your looking for someone to pair with DLO for the future. Will OKC pay both Oladipo and Roberson?

There are more options if we ran Dlo off ball and looked for a PG (I am not suggesting, just pointing out there are more UFA PG's under 30).

At the end of the day, are any of those moves worth forgoing our cap space for a couple years. I think we would be much better to start Dlo & JC, look for a bench guard, and try to make a splash in 2018 free agent period.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

and thats fine. wasnt there a report already that is not going to resign with Kings?

I only heard Gay actually has made it clear he would not resign.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Yes, the Kings wouldn't talk unless either DLO or Ingram were on the table.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
At the start of last season, Mychal Thompson said on his show that he sat alongside Vlade Divac during a Lakers Kings preseason game.

Thompson said he through out every possible trade package for Cousins that the Lakers could do. Vlade declined them all. We had DLO, Clarkson, and Randle at the time.
I'm thinking it would take DLO and Ingram to get Cousins. And I'm still not sure Vlade would do it. The man dropped 27/12 last season. 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks a game.
Hands down the best offensive big man in the league. And above average defensively.

He is what separates the Kings from us right now (in terms of wins). No coincidence we looked alot better against the Kings this preseason when he didn't play.

Cousins (1.5 years at that) isn't worth one of DLO and Ingram, forget both. Cousins is a very good player and they would be a 15-win team without him. But 27/12/1.5/1.5 overstates his impact. He's not a Top-10 player in the league. No mental fortitude, inconsistent defender, inefficient, and too many turnovers given his low assist numbers. Never mind his locker room issues, which I have questioned but 24 insists are actually a thing.

Russell & Ingram might be all potential right now (in terms of getting to Cousins' level), but you have them for 7 years on cost-controlled contracts, there are no personality issues to speak of, and they are significantly younger.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Realistically, think Boston is the team with the right pieces to make a trade for Boogie. Sacramento is not trading him to a conference rival. Especially not Vlade.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Remember the thing that usually lowers a superstar trade value is him usually only having a short list of teams he wants to play for. In this case it would be a little different since he would still be under contract for another year but still something to think about.

Boston is definitely the best trade partner for Cousins.

Jaylen Brown/Marcus Smart/2017 Nets pick (Amir Johnson) for Cousins/McLemore
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Remember the thing that usually lowers a superstar trade value is him usually only having a short list of teams he wants to play for. In this case it would be a little different since he would still be under contract for another year but still something to think about.

Boston is definitely the best trade partner for Cousins.

Jaylen Brown/Marcus Smart/2017 Nets pick (Amir Johnson) for Cousins/McLemore

and all he has to do is to tell them he wont sign extension. just like Dragic did
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Why doesn't Cousins get the "empty stats on bad teams" rep. Yes, he puts up big numbers, but his team never wins, he doesn't play defense, and he is a malcontent. To be fair Kings' front office has been incompetent for years, but I don't want to gut the team for a dude like him. if we trade all our young dudes for him we'll be the Kings 2.0. i kinda want to roll with our young dudes and see what we can be.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject:

With Yi salary gone maybe the lakers can absorb mo Williams/McRae+2nd
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject:

Oops forgot lakers don't have roster spot. Maybe just waive mo Williams
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject:

We still don't have the cap space.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

I think his 8m cap hit remains even though he's gone.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Can you explain why?

I thought that was the entire reason the incentive structured contract was so good for the Lakers. It makes sense that the cap "hold" of the entire contract for the year would go against the salary cap, but now that he is released?

I'm confused.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Can you explain why?

I thought that was the entire reason the incentive structured contract was so good for the Lakers. It makes sense that the cap "hold" of the entire contract for the year would go against the salary cap, but now that he is released?

I'm confused.

The incentives only affected how much HE got paid; the entirety of the deal based on the likely incentives made it a 8m contract, cap-wise.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Cousins (1.5 years at that) isn't worth one of DLO and Ingram, forget both. Cousins is a very good player and they would be a 15-win team without him. But 27/12/1.5/1.5 overstates his impact. He's not a Top-10 player in the league. No mental fortitude, inconsistent defender, inefficient, and too many turnovers given his low assist numbers. Never mind his locker room issues, which I have questioned but 24 insists are actually a thing.

Russell & Ingram might be all potential right now (in terms of getting to Cousins' level), but you have them for 7 years on cost-controlled contracts, there are no personality issues to speak of, and they are significantly younger.

I'm not for a DLO and Ingram trade for Cousins. I just think that's the only trade package from us Vlade would consider (hypothetically). And I'm still not sure Vlade would say yes.

Cousins is top 10-15 in the league in terms of production.
Among all bigs last year he was 5th in PER. And 1st in usage (by a healthy margin).
The knock on him is he can't lead his team to a .500 record.
Question is, if he had a smaller role and played alongside another all star (like WB, Lillard, Paul George level) could he be the 2nd best player on a successful playoff team? Maybe.

He's a bad fit here. He needs to go to a playoff team. Not another roster that is a bottomdweller without him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject:

I don't demonize Cousins as some here, but I would not offer any one of DLO or Ingram for Cousins. Those two players are 20 and 19 respectively, and represent the modern NBA approach to team building. Giving up those pieces would be foolish.

And of course Vlade would be right to ask for one, maybe both of them. But sorry, no cigarette for you my man.

As to other pieces on our team, I'd be open to discussion.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

Yup, Lakers won't risk losing Dlo or Ingram for Cousins with an year left. He's never seen playoffs so priority will be to join a good team during FA.

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't demonize Cousins as some here, but I would not offer any one of DLO or Ingram for Cousins. Those two players are 20 and 19 respectively, and represent the modern NBA approach to team building. Giving up those pieces would be foolish.

And of course Vlade would be right to ask for one, maybe both of them. But sorry, no cigarette for you my man.

As to other pieces on our team, I'd be open to discussion.

I am not sure many lottery teams would be willing to give up a potential young star for Cousins. His contract will be expiring and teams like Spurs will have better chance of keeping him after a trade. Sac's position will weaken due to this as well. Cavs became overnight contenders with Lebron and hence gave up Wiggins for Love, but if Sac drag it to final year, they will be getting sightly better offer than Miami had for Dragic.

As for us, better chance(still slim as hes likely to be traded before) to get Cousins as a FA with Dlo, Ingram adding few more wins in 2017-18 rather than losing one of them in a trade for expiring contract of Cousins.

Last edited by saetarubia on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 20 of 1813
Jump to: