OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
He's had a nice stretch of games. We need a PF with a reliable jumper.

I agree with yinona, I don't see him being a target of the Lakers.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

Probably not. Can't blame them.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Random but Deng would be a great addition to the Kings locker room, along with feeling a need now that Gay is down.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Is there any reason why Kevin Martin isn't on a team? I know he looked awful with San Antonio but he can help someone especially teams that are fighting for the playoffs.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Random but Deng would be a great addition to the Kings locker room, along with feeling a need now that Gay is down.

Hey, come to think of it, I think Mozgov also would be a great addition to their locker room too. Yeah both Deng and Mozgov are great vet presences that will definitely take some of the pressure off Cousins and bring their team to the next level
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Is there any reason why Kevin Martin isn't on a team? I know he looked awful with San Antonio but he can help someone especially teams that are fighting for the playoffs.

He retired
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

plus he is like 32 or something, right? Its almost universally accepted his age was falsified.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Can someone give the total cap the team can have this summer? Is it 42M with Young / Nance / Black not being retained?

31m if young opts out IIRC.

The more important thing is that there are a bunch of other teams with similar or more cap space, too, several of which are better free agent destinations at the moment from a roster standpoint. That's going to likely restrict us to the Tier C free agents again. I just hope the FO displays more patience and fiscal responsibility, and looks harder for potential diamonds in the rough this time around.

On a side note, I'm beyond jealous of the Celtics' position right now. How is it that they're a top 3 team in the East with two All-Star or borderline All-Star caliber players (one getting paid $7M a year for 1.5 more seasons!), one blue-chip prospect in hand, another one coming in next season (likely with a 25% chance of being the #1 pick!!), AND they have enough cap space this summer to add another All-Star??? Throw in (arguably) a top 5 coach. (bleep) Boston.
#MakeTheLakersGreatAgain
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Can someone give the total cap the team can have this summer? Is it 42M with Young / Nance / Black not being retained?

31m if young opts out IIRC.

The more important thing is that there are a bunch of other teams with similar or more cap space, too, several of which are better free agent destinations at the moment from a roster standpoint. That's going to likely restrict us to the Tier C free agents again. I just hope the FO displays more patience and fiscal responsibility, and looks harder for potential diamonds in the rough this time around.

On a side note, I'm beyond jealous of the Celtics' position right now. How is it that they're a top 3 team in the East with two All-Star or borderline All-Star caliber players (one getting paid $7M a year for 1.5 more seasons!), one blue-chip prospect in hand, another one coming in next season (likely with a 25% chance of being the #1 pick!!), AND they have enough cap space this summer to add another All-Star??? Throw in (arguably) a top 5 coach. (bleep) Boston.

We stole Pau and got 2 rings. I think we got more out of that then the Celts will though I agree that they are in an envious position.

The one hope I have is that they package the pick for Boogie and he destroys their locker room and gets Stevens fired as he's known to do. I can dream, right?

In all seriousness, they probably are best served by trading the pick and some of their other assets for an established star like Boogie, Butler or Blake, which is what I think they'll end up doing finally. It looks like the best players coming out of college this year are PGs, and they're more than set in the back court. If they really thought they could use another one, they'd have taken Dunn last year. So I'm thankful that there's no stud big man at the top of this draft, because I'd much rather see them give up a bunch of pieces to get an older player that probably won't help them beat the Warriors anyway. Then we can start adding to our championship count in a few years once both teams are extinct

I know we're bad right now, but this race for the next championship between us and the Leprechauns is still a big deal...

My man. This is my dream scenario too
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Your idea of Deng + Lou for WCS and Gay.

I'm keeping the pipe alive.

(I actually don't mind Deng's contract, though. Just not in conjunction with Moz's)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Is Chris Paul possible? in the off-season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I would be happy if Mitch finds a deal for Lou even if it's for scraps or low draft picks, we have to many players who just jack up shots.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

We're making a great case tonight!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

One of the Laker commentators mentioned ..lack of interior D, guess who can solve that? Nerlens Noel.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers should be using their cap space in trade rather than in free agency. The latter isn't really a good tool for where this team is at. You have to overpay which just hurts you when you are actually ready to make a serious run at a player. We already did that with Deng and Moz.

The notion that someone worthy of a max deal (who also isn't restricted) would want to join LA right now is a bit silly.

Talk to Portland, talk to Detroit, talk to teams who need to manage their 2017 cap and be willing to give up your max slot to be better positioned in 2018.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Seth Curry, a guy a lot of us wanted in free agency, had a decent game with 14 points & 3 assist. Over 40% from 3 for the season
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

No. Ignoring his openness to joining a rebuilding team, the maximum cap space the Lakers can currently create to sign free agents is about $31.5 million. Paul will be eligible for a 36 million starting salary contract in the off-season.

Paul isn't going to take a 15% discount so he can go to a much worse team in the same town he's already otherwise in.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
MJST wrote:

No. Ignoring his openness to joining a rebuilding team, the maximum cap space the Lakers can currently create to sign free agents is about $31.5 million. Paul will be eligible for a 36 million starting salary contract in the off-season.

Paul isn't going to take a 15% discount so he can go to a much worse team in the same town he's already otherwise in.

No one in their right mind is maxing a 32 year old Chris Paul to keep him till he's 37.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
MJST wrote:

If we wanted to, we could dump Clarkson or Lou fairly easily and create that much space.
BIKinstonFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Even if we get rid of deng/mozgov, what makes you guys think we will use the cap space on something good?

The decision makers are going to be the same

Last edited by BIKinstonFan on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
MJST wrote:

No one in their right mind is maxing a 32 year old Chris Paul to keep him till he's 37.

I have a feeling Steve Balmer and Doc Rivers are going to accept your challenge.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
MJST wrote:

Well CP3 has been ridiculously and consistently good even at age 32. Of course, his durability is a concern and one injury can change everything (see: Bryant, Kobe).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Jusuf Nurkic hasn't played against Minnesota, maybe Denver has a deal on the table agreed upon.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

I don't think he's a target either but isn't he a career 37% 3 point shooter? Way too under the radar free agent. He's also another guy that's hurt all the time though which means he'd fit right in.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers went after Deron Williams in the summer..especially if they end up trading one of the guards on the roster
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 218 of 1813
Jump to: