OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 325, 326, 327 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Over/under Magic trading for Okafor?

I don't think he'd send a premium asset (i.e. DLO/Ingram/Zub/Jules, etc.). More like an expiring + Houston's 1st.

What would be the point ? It'd be such a random move.

I truly think Magic loves Okafor. And if the price (in his mind) is only a late 1st, he would do it.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think he'd send a premium asset (i.e. DLO/Ingram/Zub/Jules, etc.). More like an expiring + Houston's 1st.

I truly think Magic loves Okafor. And if the price (in his mind) is only a late 1st, he would do it.

Has he recently talked about him ?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Quote:
For teams considering a trade for George, here’s the risk: As a free agent in the summer of 2018, he has considered re-signing with Indiana or joining his hometown Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell The Vertical

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-pacers-assessing-trade-market-for-paul-george-180740295.html

So rumors of both DMC and PG13 wanting to joining the Lakers in 2018. Continues to beat the dead horse of we should have never gave MozDeng or any other replacement level player more than 2 years this past summer.

How many years were we supposed to waste leaving money on the table, hoping a couple of star players would want to come team up in Los Angeles?

I don't like the contracts, but the idea was we were supposed to have a budding young core that would win 35-ish games, be fun to watch with a couple of veterans to help guide them along. The idea was we didn't NEED to go grab big superstars right now because these guys were our future superstars.

It was only a bad plan because the young guys aren't as good (yet anyway) as we thought and the vets we signed are more washed than we thought they would be.

No, it was bad plan b/c we overpaid for replacement level players in the disguise of veteran leadership. Point blank.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

So is there anything on the Nick Young front?

I say send him and our 2nd round pick to Washington for Trey Burke, filler, and their first or just send Young and the option to swap the Houston pick for the Washington pick.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm a big Ingram stan, that being said, if it takes Ingram + fillers to get PG13, I would strongly consider that.
I still think the org is more likely to trade Russell
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm a big Ingram stan, that being said, if it takes Ingram + fillers to get PG13, I would strongly consider that.

And I think the Pacers would ask for Ingram. Like I said, I would be ok (not thrilled) with giving up 1 of them for PG13.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And I think the Pacers would ask for Ingram. Like I said, I would be ok (not thrilled) with giving up 1 of them for PG13.

i think ingram turning into PG13 would be him hitting his ceiling, so if we could get PG13 that would be incredible. In a vacuum, i trade ingram for PG13 every day of the goddam week. The problem is that we would be mis-timing our "power curve" so to speak, as PG13's peak would not be coinciding with the other members of our youth core.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

i think ingram turning into PG13 would be him hitting his ceiling, so if we could get PG13 that would be incredible. In a vacuum, i trade ingram for PG13 every day of the goddam week. The problem is that we would be mis-timing our "power curve" so to speak, as PG13's peak would not be coinciding with the other members of our youth core.

Say that happens, and it took Ingram/JC (salary match) plus whatever picks we can give them:

DLO
(2017 FA)
PG13/Deng
Jules/Nance
Zub

Not too shabby. Have to move from bottom 3 and pass over mediocrity to get to where we want to be.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If Magic is going to live in the stone age, he should fire luke and reinstall BS as the coach.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If he's off the table, and Boston is focused on Butler, you won't do better than Russell.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If he's off the table, and Boston is focused on Butler, you won't do better than Russell.

PG13/DLO-nice balanced duo.

PG13/Ingram-defensive nightmare.

Can't go wrong with either IMO. If I were the Pacers I'd insist on an ingram-centric package. Would slide right into PG13's current role, whereas with DLO, you have to restructure the team (i.e. what to do with Teague, etc.).
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

So are teams even scared at this point when a player says they might bolt to the Lakers? How many players have said that the past couple of years? How many have we gotten?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Ingram for PG.

Russell for Butler.

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
So are teams even scared at this point when a player says they might bolt to the Lakers? How many players have said that the past couple of years? How many have we gotten?
Maybe with the new management the rumors have teeth now?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

6 teams are currently below the minimum salary requirement. A fifth of the NBA and the world isn't coming to an end like some of you thought it would if the Laker didn't meet the salary floor

https://twitter.com/MichaelVPina/status/834526350304215040
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
6 teams are currently below the minimum salary requirement. A fifth of the NBA and the world isn't coming to an end like some of you thought it would if the Laker didn't meet the salary floor

Who made that argument? It would just be paying their players extra money...did someone make that argument?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Who made that argument? It would just be paying their players extra money...did someone make that argument?

Yes. A lot of people on here was acting if it was some type of penalty if the Lakers didn't meet the floor.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Say that happens, and it took Ingram/JC (salary match) plus whatever picks we can give them:

DLO
(2017 FA)
PG13/Deng
Jules/Nance
Zub

Not too shabby. Have to move from bottom 3 and pass over mediocrity to get to where we want to be.

If we could simultaneously be bad enough (or lucky enough) to keep the pick this summer too, we'd be back in business. (Lonzo).

Personally, I'd try and keep JC and make it Ingram, Houston Pick, Black, Calderon. Then again, moving JC as opposed to Black + Calderon would probably be more attractive to Bird and give us more flexibility this summer. I'd think that roster would be somewhat attractive to Hayward.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
Ingram for PG.

Russell for Butler.

Add RW in FA 2018. Deng/Moz can be dumped using other pieces. If we go for short term fix, do sth like that.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Yes. A lot of people on here was acting if it was some type of penalty if the Lakers didn't meet the floor.

I brought up the salary cap floor. I do think part of the reason why Jim and Mitch overpayed for C level FAs this past offseason was because of the floor. A side effect of the hail mary FA strategy from 2014 and 2015.

Ideally you meet the floor with good value contracts. And if there is a bad contract in the mix, it's expiring. It's kinda a waste to pay players extra money.

With all that considered. I'd rather be under the floor than have these Moz and Deng contracts.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If we can't use the Houston pick in a trade for a star like George, it would be silly not to take a chance on Okafor with it. Even the Oak haters can admit that right?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Why would we want Okafor?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If we can't use the Houston pick in a trade for a star like George, it would be silly not to take a chance on Okafor with it. Even the Oak haters can admit that right?

If we had a stretch 4 and Ingram was shooting better, I'd consider. I am not sure Okafor can be a decent defender either.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Why would we want Okafor?

Cause he averaged 17 and 8 as a teenager. Your chances of getting that with a late 1st round pick are very small.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There are other, more interesting reclamation projects out there than Okafor - Johnson? Hezonja? - and I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers selected a better player than him at #27 in this draft, because they already did so at pick #32 in last year's draft.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 325, 326, 327 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 326 of 1813
Jump to: