OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 326, 327, 328 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Over/under Magic trading for Okafor?

I don't think he'd send a premium asset (i.e. DLO/Ingram/Zub/Jules, etc.). More like an expiring + Houston's 1st.

What would be the point ? It'd be such a random move.

I truly think Magic loves Okafor. And if the price (in his mind) is only a late 1st, he would do it.

If we can't use the Houston pick in a trade for a star like George, it would be silly not to take a chance on Okafor with it. Even the Oak haters can admit that right?

If we had a stretch 4 and Ingram was shooting better, I'd consider. I am not sure Okafor can be a decent defender either.

Maybe not but it's not a sure thing that a late first pick even nets is a rotational NBA player. It definetly won't get us a guy as talented as Okafor.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think he'd send a premium asset (i.e. DLO/Ingram/Zub/Jules, etc.). More like an expiring + Houston's 1st.

I truly think Magic loves Okafor. And if the price (in his mind) is only a late 1st, he would do it.

If we can't use the Houston pick in a trade for a star like George, it would be silly not to take a chance on Okafor with it. Even the Oak haters can admit that right?

There are other, more interesting reclamation projects out there than Okafor - Johnson? Hezonja? - and I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers selected a better player than him at #27 in this draft, because they already did so at pick #32 in last year's draft.

Zubac is an exception not a rule. If Hezonja and Johnson are available I'd be happy to trade the Houston pick for them as well.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If we had a stretch 4 and Ingram was shooting better, I'd consider. I am not sure Okafor can be a decent defender either.

Maybe not but it's not a sure thing that a late first pick even nets is a rotational NBA player. It definetly won't get us a guy as talented as Okafor.

Agreed. Don't like Okafor, but if all you're giving up is a late first, you take that. He's still young enough its worth the risk to try and see if he can turn it around -- who knows on a new team, new coach, etc.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There are other, more interesting reclamation projects out there than Okafor - Johnson? Hezonja? - and I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers selected a better player than him at #27 in this draft, because they already did so at pick #32 in last year's draft.

Zubac is an exception not a rule. If Hezonja and Johnson are available I'd be happy to trade the Houston pick for them as well.

I think there are going to be a number of exceptions available in the later portions of the next few drafts, because Okafor just isn't very good. And having Zubac is exactly the reason not to trade a late-1st for a lesser version of Zu who has similar weaknesses. I'd rather trade it for Chieck Diallo or Chinanu Onuaku who can hopefully address a roster weakness if they develop over another low-post scorer who has issues defending in space (not to mention rebounding and passing, where Zu looks solid).
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think there are going to be a number of exceptions available in the later portions of the next few drafts, because Okafor just isn't very good. And having Zubac is exactly the reason not to trade a late-1st for a lesser version of Zu who has similar weaknesses. I'd rather trade it for Chieck Diallo or Chinanu Onuaku who can hopefully address a roster weakness if they develop over another low-post scorer who has issues defending in space (not to mention rebounding and passing, where Zu looks solid).

If that's how you feel, we're done here.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

We got JC, Zubac in 2nd round and Nance at #27 so I am kinda optimistic with our scouting department. Then there has been superstar caliber players being drafted late like Butler, Green, Jokic etc. So why not take a chance rather than settling for a bad fit?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
We got JC, Zubac in 2nd round and Nance at #27 so I am kinda optimistic with our scouting department. Then there has been superstar caliber players being drafted late like Butler, Green, Jokic etc. So why not take a chance rather than settling for a bad fit?

The reason of concern is that they guy who pulled the trigger on those picks is gone.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If that's how you feel, we're done here.

Gotcha
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

KCP may be available. What would you trade for him?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Okafor is likely about to be traded.

Sixers just traded for Tiago Splitter
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Id like to see Lakers sign Quinn Cook to backup DLo the rest of the season.
dlofan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

I just read this article and it doesn't seem like many free agents are going to move this summer. Don't know how credible the author is though

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-ending-contracts-to-watch-at-the-deadline/
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Willie Cauley Stein with 25/10 thus far with Cousins gone and shutting down Nikola Jokic... and crossing him up something fierce https://twitter.com/SportsPinPoint/status/834988688803143681

[expletive] [expletive] AND [EXPLETIVE]!!!!!!!

THIS IS WHY I WANTED HIM BEFORE THE KINGS FIGURED THIS OUT!! UGH!!!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Embarassed Jokic, and put up 29/10 on the first night with Boogie gone...

As someone who's wanted the Lakers to steal this guy for a while, especially when his value was at an all time low from Sacramento trying to play him at the 4 next to Boogie.. I'm currently sitting here seeing what he's doing to Jokic like

http://i.imgur.com/sgO6hUg.gif
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Was calling for a WCS trade back in December
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:

Yeah a couple of us was. As I said im another thread, expect big #'s from him & Noel
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Willie Cauley Stein with 25/10 thus far with Cousins gone and shutting down Nikola Jokic... and crossing him up something fierce https://twitter.com/SportsPinPoint/status/834988688803143681

Jokic got dominated lol
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
MJST wrote:

Jokic got dominated lol

Mike is probably very happy. WCS has been his guy and I remember watching video on him after Mike told us about his ability to defend 1-5. Those guys are game breaking...completely shrink the court on defense--KG-esque.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:

Wanted him badly but didn't think we could get him. He couldn't get out from under Cousins but I'm fairly certain Sacramento knew what they had with him. Probably a part of the reason (besides Vivek having the scariest mancrush on Hield) that Cousins got moved for pennies on the dollar.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
MJST wrote:

Jokic got dominated lol

Damn.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:

He was never available.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
bonkers wrote:

He was never available.

I'm pretty sure the Kings were open to trading him back in November. That's why a lot of people suggested trading for him during that month and December.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
bonkers wrote:

He was never available.

I'm pretty sure the Kings were open to trading him back in November. That's why a lot of people suggested trading for him during that month and December.

Yeah exactly. It is the Kings. He was stuck on the bench for most of the early parts of the season.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Yea very nice game from WCS

A few nice drives, couple jumpers. These are why I had him in my top 5. I would post his Kentucky workouts
where he would do skilled stuff. But implementing it into games is a different animal - I had lost faith he'd do that. Even lost faith in a simple midrange J - when in college he was like 11/22 his final season.

Will he continue to make these moves? We'll see.. Will he extend past 15ft range, eh, kind doubtful - although he made a few 20footers in college.

He would also still be better if he could dunk with one hand, too. It's what's restricting him from being a Deandre level finisher.
So I'm not really convinced on any aspect of his offensive game, but potential is there. He is 24 years old this summer.
It's still a long shot that he's a special two way player

Random tidbit: Hield is at 33% from 3 in his last 18 games. His shooting this season has been the craziest roller coaster

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I remember there was a huge WCS stan during last year's draft. Was it you? Because they were saying he should be a top 3 pick or something. I can see why if he keeps playing like that damn.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 326, 327, 328 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 327 of 1813
Jump to: