Charlotte police shooting of Keith Scott. *Bodycam and dash cam footage released*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Charlotte police shooting of Keith Scott. *Bodycam and dash cam footage released*

Update: Dash cam - https://twitter.com/JeffreyGuterman/status/779820278616653824

Bodycam -

Thought this needed its own thread since its getting muddled in with the Tulsa shooting thread.

Aussiesuede wrote:
The Wife took a cell phone video of the shooting and released it to the New York Times.

NSFW - Language

Video

Full story. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/charlotte-police-shooting_us_57e1c953e4b0e80b1b9efd69

Last edited by USCandLakers on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

^^^^^^ It's a damn shame and shows just how bad the problem is when shootings are so close together they get muddled.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject:

At least with this case we can be sure that the bad guy got the bullet.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

This wasn't the guy they were serving a warrant on. This was just some random guy who happened to be in the vicinity when the cops broke away from serving a warrant to go after him while he was committing no crime. The Police themselves aren't even suggesting he was involved in any type of criminal activity.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

This wasn't the guy they were serving a warrant on. This was just some random guy who happened to be in the vicinity when the cops broke away from serving a warrant to go after him while he was committing no crime.

Yup. I'm still waiting for the video showing he even had a gun, let alone was pointing it at them.

If a cop's yelling drop the gun and you don't have a (bleep) gun, what are you supposed to do? In Keith Scott's case, it was to stand there and be murdered. If you hear a cop scream at you to drop a gun and you don't have one, just go ahead and start praying because you're dead.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

This wasn't the guy they were serving a warrant on. This was just some random guy who happened to be in the vicinity when the cops broke away from serving a warrant to go after him while he was committing no crime.

Yup. I'm still waiting for the video showing he even had a gun, let alone was pointing it at them.

If a cop's yelling drop the gun and you don't have a (bleep) gun, what are you supposed to do? In Keith Scott's case, it was to stand there and be murdered. If you hear a cop scream at you to drop a gun and you don't have one, just go ahead and start praying because you're dead.

His wife is standing there telling them he wasn't dangerous, and was on medication for a recent traumatic brain injury. The cops admit that he never raised a gun, nor any other object, nor acted aggressively in any way.

1) Not suspected of any criminal activity
2) On medication for Brain Injury
3) Not acting aggressively
4) Never raises an object of any type
5) Walking backwards

How on earth anyone perceives a threat in that scenario boggles the mind.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

Again (Aussie and I discussed this in the other thread), North Carolina is an OPEN CARRY state. And as he explained (which I didn't know), the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Law Enforcement cannot accost someone with a gun just because they have a gun. Like driving a car, you have to have probable cause. Now if Keith Lamont was actually the guy whose name was on the warrant, then whether or not he had a gun would actually be relevant. But since he was not the suspect, even if he had a gun, as an AMERICAN minding his own business, he has a right to take a defensive stance if someone pulls up on him.

The gun thing really bothers me, because it shows a bi-polar psychology that Americans have with the 2nd Amendment. Nevermind the rising suspicion that there may not have even been a gun, even if there was...WHY IS THAT RELEVANT being they had the wrong dude?? The 2nd Amendment is A OK with the gun enthusiasts...until you put a black face on it. Open Carry...let's do it...until you put a black face on it. Where is the NRA? Where are all these gun interests who spent millions on lobbying to expand and bust wide open the 2nd Amendment and Open Carry and Stand Your Ground and the right of American citizens to arm and defend themselves?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Again (Aussie and I discussed this in the other thread), North Carolina is an OPEN CARRY state. And as he explained (which I didn't know), the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Law Enforcement cannot accost someone with a gun just because they have a gun. Like driving a car, you have to have probable cause. Now if Keith Lamont was actually the guy whose name was on the warrant, then whether or not he had a gun would actually be relevant. But since he was not the suspect, even if he had a gun, as an AMERICAN minding his own business, he has a right to take a defensive stance if someone pulls up on him.

The gun thing really bothers me, because it shows a bi-polar psychology that Americans have with the 2nd Amendment. Nevermind the rising suspicion that there may not have even been a gun, even if there was...WHY IS THAT RELEVANT being they had the wrong dude?? The 2nd Amendment is A OK with the gun enthusiasts...until you put a black face on it. Open Carry...let's do it...until you put a black face on it. Where is the NRA? Where are all these gun interests who spent millions on lobbying to expand and bust wide open the 2nd Amendment and Open Carry and Stand Your Ground and the right of American citizens to arm and defend themselves?

Same question I had. But we already know the answer. Because he's black.

The narrative pushed by police will be about a presence of the gun to take advantage of people's lack of knowledge about law. Even if there was a gun, that doesn't warrant being gunned down by police. I just saw a video of a white guy walking down the streets with a rifle slung around his back. Cops didn't do a damn thing. Open carry is open carry.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

The narrative pushed by police will be about a presence of the gun to take advantage of people's lack of knowledge about law. Even if there was a gun, that doesn't warrant being gunned down by police. I just saw a video of a white guy walking down the streets with a rifle slung around his back. Cops didn't do a damn thing. Open carry is open carry.

Wow. When you look at the photo with a gun on the ground, you can clearly see that it was at a later time because there is a discarded blue latex glove to the left of the covered body. Something smells rotten in Amsterdam. It's like the Walter Scott Taser plant.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

There was a video posted not too long ago with a black man walking down the street with a rifle in an open carry state. He was stopped by the police and almost shot.

Yet a white guy can walk around an airport with a loaded ar15 and nobody bats an eye.....

Blatant double standard.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

Wow. When you look at the photo with a gun on the ground, you can clearly see that it was at a later time because there is a discarded blue latex glove to the left of the covered body. Something smells rotten in Amsterdam. It's like the Walter Scott Taser plant.

Not to mention the police tape.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Here is the picture immediately after they shot him. There is no gun. The subsequent photo with a gun shows it was clearly planted.

No Gun

Subsequent Photo of Planted Gun

My guess is they took the gun from a seat in the vehicle and tossed it on the ground to aid their narrative.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Here is the picture immediately after they shot him. There is no gun. The subsequent photo with a gun shows it was clearly planted.

No Gun

Not sure if it was planted or just moved later on. Maybe it was hidden beneath his body. Who knows. I believe that his legs were crossed as well in the picture with the gun.

Gun or no gun, if his hands were down and not coming up, I don't see how they can be in fear.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

No Gun

Not sure if it was planted or just moved later on. Maybe it was hidden beneath his body. Who knows. I believe that his legs were crossed as well in the picture with the gun.

Gun or no gun, if his hands were down and not coming up, I don't see how they can be in fear.

Look at the first photo. Note the space between his feet and the grass, no gun.

In the second the space between his feet and the grass, a gun.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

No Gun

Whatever their reason for tampering with evidence, it's clear that no gun was present where a gun was later photographed. And, yes, the simple presence of a gun wouldn't matter. But they would have a vested interest in staging a gun near the body as opposed to leaving it in the vehicle since it would be the night and day difference between armed and unarmed, and we know the narrative they're trying to peddle.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

No Gun

This story will be about the presence of the gun, I already see it. And since the cops wont release the tape of the shooting, we'll just have to take their word for it that this man was attempting to shoot them all dead.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

No Gun

Look at the first photo. Note the space between his feet and the grass, no gun.

In the second the space between his feet and the grass, a gun.

Also, use the shadow of the tree as a reference point. It's clear as day the gun was placed after the shooting.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

No Gun

This story will be about the presence of the gun, I already see it. And since the cops wont release the tape of the shooting, we'll just have to take their word for it that this man was attempting to shoot them all dead.

There is a new law that goes in to effect in 7 days on October 1st, which would then seal videos as part of an officers personnel record instead of making them public property. They're trying to run out the clock so they can then say they can't release the video by law.

Quote:
The only way to reach any sort of conclusion is for police to release video showing Scott’s death—and they’ll need to do it before October 1 when a new law goes into effect that will make the footage sealed as a personnel record.

That’s exactly why chants of “Show us the tape!” echoed in downtown Charlotte from late afternoon Thursday until early Friday morning.

HB 972, signed into law by Republican governor Pat McCrory earlier this year, goes into effect on October 1. The law turns changes the classification of body camera and dash camera footage from public records to police personnel records, so that law enforcement agencies to seek the approval of a judge to release such footage. A judge would have to be convinced the release of video meets one of eight standards laid out in the law, such as the release being “necessary to advance a compelling public interest.”

Cops Trying To Run Out the Clock
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

No Gun

There is a new law that goes in to effect in 7 days on October 1st, which would then seal videos as part of an officers personnel record instead of making them public property. They're trying to run out the clock so they can then say they can't release the video by law.

Quote:
The only way to reach any sort of conclusion is for police to release video showing Scott’s death—and they’ll need to do it before October 1 when a new law goes into effect that will make the footage sealed as a personnel record.

That’s exactly why chants of “Show us the tape!” echoed in downtown Charlotte from late afternoon Thursday until early Friday morning.

HB 972, signed into law by Republican governor Pat McCrory earlier this year, goes into effect on October 1. The law turns changes the classification of body camera and dash camera footage from public records to police personnel records, so that law enforcement agencies to seek the approval of a judge to release such footage. A judge would have to be convinced the release of video meets one of eight standards laid out in the law, such as the release being “necessary to advance a compelling public interest.”

Need a federal law that makes them public records so local departments can't do this (bleep). Defeats the whole purpose of body cameras.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

If they make the law retroactive, IMM, it would say they are attempting a cover up.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

If they make the law retroactive, IMM, it would say they are attempting a cover up.

They don't have to make it retroactive. As of October 1st, all videos become a part of an officers personnel file. After October 1st, they can't release the video, regardless of when it was filmed since it's status changes from being a public record to a private one.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

No Gun

Quote:

Yet we are supposed to trust these idiots with our lives.....
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

Yup. The last time major gun reform passed (under Reagan) it was because white people were freaking out that the Black Panthers were open-carrying.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

No Gun

My guess is they took the gun from a seat in the vehicle and tossed it on the ground to aid their narrative.

My feelings the whole time

Many cops drive around with a little bag of crack to sprinkle when necessary ... and this was definitely an "oh (bleep)" moment.. save her ass asap... :shrug:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: