Charlotte police shooting of Keith Scott. *Bodycam and dash cam footage released*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject:

The CMPD is finally stating their reason for approaching the victim. They are saying they approached him because they noticed he was smoking pot from many yards away and getting to the bottom of that pot smoking was more important than the warrant they were at the premises to serve. (Funny how that story has suddenly changed from the original one they were peddling "We saw him get out of his care with a gun, then get back in his car. Now it's "We approached because we saw marijuana from many yards away".)

Quote:
At a news conference Saturday, Putney told reporters the fatal encounter between Scott and police began when officers initially noticed that the 43-year-old was in possession of marijuana — and then noticed he had a gun.

“There was a crime that he had committed that caused the encounter and then the gun exacerbated that encounter,” Putney told reporters. “The reason for the encounter was because laws were broken.”

Quote:
There is no definitive visual evidence that he had a gun in his hand and that he pointed it at an officer,” Putney said, before adding that all of the evidence collected by investigators, taken together, proves that Scott had a gun and was a threat to public safety.

Putney said that he has no plans to charge any of the officers involved in the fatal shooting with a crime, but left open the possibility that charges could come from the state investigation.

Quote:
Officers say Scott pointed a gun at them; Scott’s family has disputed that he was armed and that, if he was, he raised the weapon. While police officials have said the video supports officers’ account, lawyers for Scott’s family — who were allowed to see the video — have said it shows the man complying with officers’ demands and taking a step away from them when he was shot.

CMPD Peddling BS Narrative Prior to Tape Release
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Wow so the videos don't even confirm the presence of a gun?

Hook every officer involved up to a lie detector. I bet they all fail. Especially the chief.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:

Hook every officer involved up to a lie detector. I bet they all fail. Especially the chief.

They are trying to cover their bases now. Obviously they've been made aware that they could not legally accost the victim simply due to the presence of a gun, so they gin up this "noticed marijuana" bs as their cover for approaching the victim. Usually you'd say you smelled marijuana since the scent carries. But they couldn't say they smelled it since we already know the victim was sitting in the car with the windows raised (from the wife's video. You can see the raised window, and you can hear an officer request a baton to break the window, as well as the wife telling her husband to get out of the car before they break the window.) So now they have to resort to "an officer "noticed" marijuana, and THAT is the reason he approached, which is a far cry from their original story that 'they saw a man exit a vehicle with a gun, then get back in the vehicle'.

Can't wait to see how they try to spin it. Was the marijuana in a baggy? A joint? What exactly is it that they noticed in a shaded vehicle from many yards away with the doors closed and the windows raised looking at it from an angle? I suppose I should give them credit for not being very good liars.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Videos are out.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

They are trying to cover their bases now. Obviously they've been made aware that they could not legally accost the victim simply due to the presence of a gun, so they gin up this "noticed marijuana" bs as their cover for approaching the victim. Usually you'd say you smelled marijuana since the scent carries. But they couldn't say they smelled it since we already know the victim was sitting in the car with the windows raised (from the wife's video. You can see the raised window, and you can hear an officer request a baton to break the window, as well as the wife telling her husband to get out of the car before they break the window.) So now they have to resort to "an officer "noticed" marijuana, and THAT is the reason he approached, which is a far cry from their original story that 'they saw a man exit a vehicle with a gun, then get back in the vehicle'.

Can't wait to see how they try to spin it. Was the marijuana in a baggy? A joint? What exactly is it that they noticed in a shaded vehicle from many yards away with the doors closed and the windows raised looking at it from an angle? I suppose I should give them credit for not being very good liars.

This is the marijuana they apparently noticed.

http://i.imgur.com/r175k84.png

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Body Cam and Dash Cam Video

Time from when they started banging on the window of the vehicle until the victim exited the vehicle = 14 seconds

Time after victim exited the vehicle until he was shot = 5 seconds

When officers were telling the victim to drop the gun, he was inside the vehicle with the windows raised.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Time from when they started banging on the window of the vehicle until the victim exited the vehicle = 4 seconds

When officers were telling the victim to drop the gun, he was inside the vehicle with the windows raised.

What "equipment" was he calling for the other officer's to get?

And where the hell is the rest of the footage?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Time from when they started banging on the window of the vehicle until the victim exited the vehicle = 4 seconds

What "equipment" was he calling for the other officer's to get?

And where the hell is the rest of the footage?

I'm assuming he was requesting a medical bag from the trunk of his cruiser.

I'm not sure what happened to the Dashcam footage. It was there just moments ago.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

The dash cam footage shows he most certainly did not raise his hands or point a gun.

https://twitter.com/CWatkinsTV/status/779812861556232193
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Isn't it interesting how there are what, 4 cops there, yet only one of them pulls the trigger? Sound familiar?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
The dash cam footage shows he most certainly did not raise his hands or point a gun.

Wow. A dazed and confused guy walking backwards with his hands at his side. Unbelievable. Didn't make a single aggressive movement.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Here's the full dash cam footage.

https://twitter.com/JeffreyGuterman/status/779820278616653824

These videos are conveniently cut to exclude what happened after the shooting.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

Wow. A dazed and confused guy walking backwards with his hands at his side. Unbelievable. Didn't make a single aggressive movement.

That cop should be charged. This is what they didn't want us seeing. He didn't have grounds to shoot to him. Not even in the least bit.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

That cop should be charged. This is what they didn't want us seeing. He didn't have grounds to shoot to him. Not even in the least bit.

What are you talking about?!?!
That's an open and shut case of BIP. Black In Public.
Guy should've know better. Either be black and stay indoors at all times. Or be white.
It's that simple.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject:

RIP Charlotte, you were a quaint southeastern American city that is going to be due for some major renovations.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Gun in question was dropped from cops hands
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
At least with this case we can be sure that the bad guy got the bullet.

This wasn't the guy they were serving a warrant on. This was just some random guy who happened to be in the vicinity when the cops broke away from serving a warrant to go after him while he was committing no crime.

Yup. I'm still waiting for the video showing he even had a gun, let alone was pointing it at them.

If a cop's yelling drop the gun and you don't have a (bleep) gun, what are you supposed to do? In Keith Scott's case, it was to stand there and be murdered. If you hear a cop scream at you to drop a gun and you don't have one, just go ahead and start praying because you're dead.

Why would the police yell over and over drop the gun if he didn't have one?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
RIP Charlotte, you were a quaint southeastern American city that is going to be due for some major renovations.

lmao at they wanted to wait a couple of days to release the videos so they could give people time to evacuate
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

This wasn't the guy they were serving a warrant on. This was just some random guy who happened to be in the vicinity when the cops broke away from serving a warrant to go after him while he was committing no crime.

Yup. I'm still waiting for the video showing he even had a gun, let alone was pointing it at them.

If a cop's yelling drop the gun and you don't have a (bleep) gun, what are you supposed to do? In Keith Scott's case, it was to stand there and be murdered. If you hear a cop scream at you to drop a gun and you don't have one, just go ahead and start praying because you're dead.

I don't doubt that he had a gun whilst sitting in his vehicle. The possession of a gun sitting in ones vehicle is perfectly legal in North Carolina, and certainly isn't a reason to be approached by the police. Possessing a gun that isn't being brandished in a menacing manner is no different than possessing a can of coke (at least that's the meme the Gun Nuts are desperate for us to believe). One thing is clear as day, the victim NEVER raised the gun , or whatever else he may have been holding, in a menacing manner - towards any person. Not dropping an object when ordered to is not a capital offense in any jurisdiction in the US.

But this guys case is compounded by the fact that he's a year removed from a traumatic brain injury that see's him easily confused, with a speech impediment, and imbalance issues. A person like that on medication can't be expected to act as would a person without such impediments. The look of that guy when he got out of the vehicle was dazed and confused. Not a single thing he did seemed in any way aggressive. Not one thing. And his wife clearly informed the police that her husband suffered from a TBI and had just taken his medication. They were informed of his condition, yet one of the officers shot him within 5 seconds of exiting his vehicle, and acting in a non threatening manner, anyway.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You'd have to ask them.

There's no gun in his hands when he was shot, as the video shows. Perhaps they were mistaken or perhaps they were trying justify their actions in front of witnesses. But being mistaken isn't an excuse to kill a man. If you are so piss poor at evaluating a potentially lethal situation that you shoot an unarmed person, you shouldn't be in law enforcement. And if that failing comes out in the course of the job, you should not only be immediately fired, you should be prosecuted for criminal negligence. And people should NOT be making excuses for the actions of an officer that shoots first and asks questions later.

It's pretty sad that we live in a country of due process and presumed innocence until proven guilty, but so many people are completely fine with cops rendering death penalties in the street over minor and petty BS.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject:

The officers went to the location to serve a warrant. They claim to have seen a individual, first with a gun, then smoking weed, I don't recall the sequence.

Did they call their supervisor to see if diverting to the supposed infraction rather than do what they were there to d to was priority?

I talked to a policeman. He said if he were the supervisor he'd want his subordinates to let him know what was happening.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You'd have to ask them.

There's no gun in his hands when he was shot, as the video shows. Perhaps they were mistaken or perhaps they were trying justify their actions in front of witnesses. But being mistaken isn't an excuse to kill a man. If you are so piss poor at evaluating a potentially lethal situation that you shoot an unarmed person, you shouldn't be in law enforcement. And if that failing comes out in the course of the job, you should not only be immediately fired, you should be prosecuted for criminal negligence. And people should NOT be making excuses for the actions of an officer that shoots first and asks questions later.

It's pretty sad that we live in a country of due process and presumed innocence until proven guilty, but so many people are completely fine with cops rendering death penalties in the street over minor and petty BS.

The video did not show that he didn't have a gun in his hand. The police were yelling repeatedly put the gun down for a reason. They were also close enough that they would be able to tell if what was in his hand was a gun or not.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The officers went to the location to serve a warrant. They claim to have seen a individual, first with a gun, then smoking weed, I don't recall the sequence.

Did they call their supervisor to see if diverting to the supposed infraction rather than do what they were there to d to was priority?

I talked to a policeman. He said if he were the supervisor he'd want his subordinates to let him know what was happening.

CNN had a former LAPD sergeant on the show and she said the same thing that the policeman told you. They apparently did not report to their supervisor.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

They were yelling at him to drop the gun while he was still in the car.

And if one cop yells drop the gun, mistakenly thinking the victim has a gun, I'm pretty sure when the other officers show up they are going to yell the same thing at the victim.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/PiercedSkull/status/779819277310451720

No gun.

Anyone notice that the cop that shot him doesn't even have a clear view of Keith Scott's hands? Look at the picture. Look at where the black cop is relevant to where Keith Scott is. He doesn't have a clear view of his hands, the car and the car door is obstructing his view.

I think it's very telling only one officer of the five shot at him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: