Blake Griffin obsessed with how much Clipprs are hated in L.A.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Blake Griffin obsessed with how much Clipprs are hated in L.A.

Link
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject:

He and the team are more than welcome to move back to San Diego and throw out the first pitches for the Madres.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Thats not the team he should be worrying about right now if he actually wants to leave behind a legacy in the NBA.....but then it goes to show you how much of a loser legacy the Clippers have rubbed off on him.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

He is right about one thing though. People on this forum weren't (bleep) about the Clippers in 2009. The Clippers were irrelevant. They weren't even worth talking about. Nobody said they should move out of LA because nobody even talked about them.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject:

That team would probably get more respect if cp3 would stop flopping, Blake stop punching smaller guys, and Doc rivers just shut his piehole.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject:

My takeaway from this is that perhaps Blake has a little too much pride in beating the Spurs 2 years ago and getting booed in his own city.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
He is right about one thing though. People on this forum weren't (bleep) about the Clippers in 2009. The Clippers were irrelevant. They weren't even worth talking about. Nobody said they should move out of LA because nobody even talked about them.

Uh....the first time I heard of the Clippers going to play at the Pond, I thought they would build up the momentum for an actual move there when the Lakers moved into Staples Center only to be real pissed when they were also going to share Staples with the Lakers. I wanted them out of LA.

Bye.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Uh....the first time I heard of the Clippers going to play at the Pond, I thought they would build up the momentum for an actual move there when the Lakers moved into Staples Center only to be real pissed when they were also going to share Staples with the Lakers. I wanted them out of LA.

Bye.

The city of Anaheim badly wanted the Clippers in the mid 90's considering they had lost the Rams to St Louis. Donald Sterling kept the team in LA because they were trying to get a new arena at the time plus he wanted to keep his hands on the LA fanbase. Nevertheless,when the Staples Center was finally built they offered him a sweetheart deal to be the 3rd team which he couldn't turn down since it appealed to his cheap side....rent was something like 1 million/yr which is a bargain even in 2016...you don't see Steve Ballmer eagerly trying to move the Clippers out of Staples Center either. That was how good the deal was for the Clippers.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

I've HATED them since they moved to Staples. I didn't like them before that because they were celebrating like they won a title late in '92 when they thought they had kept us out of the playoffs. Thank you Sedale Threatt.

Until they get their own zip code I shall hate them.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject:

If Blake wants respect from laker fans they need to move out of la. Even than that respect still might not be there from LA fans. Because quite frankly Blake griffin or the clippers do not deserve any type of respect what so ever. Even if Blake cured cancer and became MVP he still won't get any respect because he is a clipper.

Go to Seattle Steve. No one wants the clippers in Los Angeles and Los Angeles is rightfully belongs to the lakers
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

won't get boo'd on the Lakers Blake..
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

What a knucklehead:

Quote:
To this day, I’ll tweet out something like, “So good to be back home.”

And the first 10 replies are like, “Make sure you don’t punch anybody.”
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I've HATED them since they moved to Staples. I didn't like them before that because they were celebrating like they won a title late in '92 when they thought they had kept us out of the playoffs. Thank you Sedale Threatt.

Exactly, idk what Steve007 is talking about. I wasn't a member here in 2009, but I certainly hated the Clippers and wanted them gone lol

The Clipper as a team and an organization have earned ZERO respect from me. And if Blake wants to cry about it, that's fine. What else is new? Is water still wet?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I mean the obvious solution is to demand a trade to the Lakers for "basketball reasons"

insta love!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Exactly, idk what Steve007 is talking about. I wasn't a member here in 2009, but I certainly hated the Clippers and wanted them gone lol

The Clipper as a team and an organization have earned ZERO respect from me. And if Blake wants to cry about it, that's fine. What else is new? Is water still wet?

Yeah, the Lakers have been predominantly disliked and unwanted here since they were playing the old Sports Arena in the 90's. This is hardly a new thing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Blake Griffin's face while he was writing that piece:

axs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject:

I liked the read.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

When I grew up in California in the 90's I can't count the number of times people talked about the Lakers. The only time I remember anyone mentioning the Clippers is when someone said he watched the Clippers. I thought that was very strange because he was the only Clipper fan I ever met.

The Clippers were like a minor league team. They were irrelevant. They weren't even worth hating. Sure they would borrow our building sometimes, but that also gave us two extra home games on the schedule and we would kick their ass. I really wanted a Lakers-Clippers series in 2006 because we would be the home team in every game. I'll never get over the loss to Phoenix that year.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I didn't start watching the Lakers until the 93-94 season. Curious how many posters here remember that in 92 (I'm sure some do though).
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject:

I don't remember many threads about Clippers players until the last few years. Talking about them so much gives them more credibility.

As for Staples, it isn't just the Lakers and Clippers using the stadium. The LA Kings use it. Even the LA Sparks use it. Should those teams move out too? Staples also gets used for other events. We can't expect the stadium to only be used for Laker games and nothing else. And it's not like LA isn't big enough for 2 teams. The Chargers or Raiders might join the Rams really soon.

There will be a time when we get a Lakers-Clippers playoff series and I'm going to want the Clippers to be the road team in every game. If you guys think Griffin is (bleep) now imagine if that happened. Griffin, Paul, etc. getting booed on their own home floor in a playoff game would be interesting to watch.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Clippers werent hated till they started walking around like they own the city and began covering up laker banners. I honestly loved watching Q/Odom/Miles young team adn were rooting for them to actually become something. The smugness of Blake and DJ really rubbed laker fans wrong way. I still remember 2010 we were at the Wilshire Blake and Dj walk in and everyone is just talking smack to them
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
I don't remember many threads about Clippers players until the last few years. Talking about them so much gives them more credibility.

As for Staples, it isn't just the Lakers and Clippers using the stadium. The LA Kings use it. Even the LA Sparks use it. Should those teams move out too? Staples also gets used for other events. We can't expect the stadium to only be used for Laker games and nothing else. And it's not like LA isn't big enough for 2 teams. The Chargers or Raiders might join the Rams really soon.

There will be a time when we get a Lakers-Clippers playoff series and I'm going to want the Clippers to be the road team in every game. If you guys think Griffin is (bleep) now imagine if that happened. Griffin, Paul, etc. getting booed on their own home floor in a playoff game would be interesting to watch.

Most pro sports teams don't share an arena or stadium with another team from the same league with the notable exception of the Jets/Giants. Before the 1999/2000 season there were separate arenas for the Lakers and Clippers so each of them had their own home court advantage. With them sharing an arena that is no longer the case. I expect the Clippers to eventually build their own arena but probably not before the 2024 season when their lease on the Staples Center expires.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Most pro sports teams don't share an arena or stadium with another team from the same league with the notable exception of the Jets/Giants. Before the 1999/2000 season there were separate arenas for the Lakers and Clippers so each of them had their own home court advantage. With them sharing an arena that is no longer the case. I expect the Clippers to eventually build their own arena but probably not before the 2024 season when their lease on the Staples Center expires.

That's a good point. Not sure how significant it is but The Forum was shared with the LA Kings (not the same league or even the same sport though).

I guess these threads get on my nerves a little because I feel like you have to be good to be hated. You know who else was hated a lot? Kobe.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:26 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
What a knucklehead:

Quote:
To this day, I’ll tweet out something like, “So good to be back home.”

And the first 10 replies are like, “Make sure you don’t punch anybody.”

Written from his safe space.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Blake Griffin's face while he was writing that piece:

Serio. Grow a pair, big guy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: