Derek Fisher will be joining SpectrumSN as a studio analyst
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Is this the official "gunning for the head coach" seat? Lets see how fair he is to Walton, we know he wants his job, just as Byron wanted MDA's.

Lol Fish isn't sniffing Luke's job.

Especially if Phil Jax makes his way back...well, even if he doesn't, Phil Jax has probably poisoned that well with Jeannie.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

The segment will be called, "Dating Tips With D. Fish!"
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Fish was awesome as a laker, but worthy/ac is enough. Fish off the court seems a bit slimey which is fine but his insight seems like it will be blah
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Fish was awesome as a laker, but worthy/ac is enough. Fish off the court seems a bit slimey which is fine but his insight seems like it will be blah

Real Question: this is based on what? Have you seen him do this type of thing before? (I haven't, but he knows the game and he's articulate. Unlike my man Horry who knows the game but positively cannot speak LOL)
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Fish off the court can indeed be slimy. Kinda depends on the one you get from the market. I would go with some of the lower mercury fish like cod, catfish and tilapia. Make sure to avoid farmed fish as well -- their omega-3 to omega-6 ratio can be skewed.
st8ktacos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject:

From head coach of the Knicks to this
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Fisher was my first and favorite basketball player ever. He, not Kobe, introduced me to the Lakers. I had a simple unframed shot of him with an official NBA.com silver sticker of him shooting over the outstretched arms of a defender, I think Manu Ginobli (it was a couple years before the famed 0.4 shot). I think I identified with him because I was always *trying* to make the JV (JV!) squad—not the star player. We can have our heroes for what they were to us, and one (or two or three) mistakes does not a terrible life make. Hopefully he's learned from them—and I still love 'im.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Is this the official "gunning for the head coach" seat? Lets see how fair he is to Walton, we know he wants his job, just as Byron wanted MDA's.

Especially if Phil Jax makes his way back...well, even if he doesn't, Phil Jax has probably poisoned that well with Jeannie.

The funniest thing of all is that Phil the coach would have never put up with Phil the team president. Fisher made plenty of mistakes and letting him go was probably the right choice. But not following Jackson's instruction to the letter was the only coffin nail necessary. I think Phil still likes Fish, but Derek failed to understand Phil would run over bambi to protect his own power base.

As for Phil's return, I have a counter-theory that Jim may actually be setting that up. Look at the coaching staff. It's Walton, Shaw, Madsen, Buechler, Keefe, Coby and two other guys Luke wanted. If Shaw were to eventually bolt for another head coaching gig (word was that's still his primary goal), Kurt is lined up to join LA as an associate Head Coach after Jackson gave him a placeholder gig in NY (Walton played for Kurt and his wife still works for the Lakers). The whole thing is almost incestuous. The offensive system has plenty of triangle philosophy in it. The roster is versatile with multiple big guards and a trio of 7-footers. Jackson still lives in Southern California.

It would all be very tao of Steve by Jim. Get things to a point where Laker fans felt the ship was righted under your watch, be seen as the force that usher's Phil back into the organization and go find a beach to chill on. Either Jim is planning for Jackson's return, or he's trolling him .
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

The funniest thing of all is that Phil the coach would have never put up with Phil the team president. Fisher made plenty of mistakes and letting him go was probably the right choice. But not following Jackson's instruction to the letter was the only coffin nail necessary. I think Phil still likes Fish, but Derek failed to understand Phil would run over bambi to protect his own power base.

As for Phil's return, I have a counter-theory that Jim may actually be setting that up. Look at the coaching staff. It's Walton, Shaw, Madsen, Buechler, Keefe, Coby and two other guys Luke wanted. If Shaw were to eventually bolt for another head coaching gig (word was that's still his primary goal), Kurt is lined up to join LA as an associate Head Coach after Jackson gave him a placeholder gig in NY (Walton played for Kurt and his wife still works for the Lakers). The whole thing is almost incestuous. The offensive system has plenty of triangle philosophy in it. The roster is versatile with multiple big guards and a trio of 7-footers. Jackson still lives in Southern California.

It would all be very tao of Steve by Jim. Get things to a point where Laker fans felt the ship was righted under your watch, be seen as the force that usher's Phil back into the organization and go find a beach to chill on. Either Jim is planning for Jackson's return, or he's trolling him .

Great observations there. What a theory, and I could see it happening too. I don't know if Luke would enjoy Phil hovering over him in arguably a more powerful Godlike position again though. Incestuous is definitely the right word. This system's Greeked.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Or more realistically he's trying to build a winning team with Phil not even given an ounce of consideration in roster moves (as it should be).
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

They need to hire Metta if he doesn't make the roster.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject:

What if they hired Barnes also? Do you sit Worthy between them or Worthy and Mike to the right of them both?

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I doubt Phil is in Jim's thoughts at all. He won't be a part of the Laker FO.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

lakerlove123 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Great observations there. What a theory, and I could see it happening too. I don't know if Luke would enjoy Phil hovering over him in arguably a more powerful Godlike position again though. Incestuous is definitely the right word. This system's Greeked.

I just read something from Derek Rose where apparently Phil gave Hornacek freedom to run the triangle as he sees fit, but then he came on the court and got livid when they didn't throw the ball into the post. We don't need that kind of micromanagement here when Luke is bringing his own brand of basketball. Forget about Phil. For the first time in a long time, we don't need him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
... Coach Peace
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:

I would be okay with that. And if we are fortunate enough to fight for a playoff position we can sign him up for a multiple 10 day contract so he can help us.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Dirty Mack D-fish is going after Jeanie.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Isnt Fish only going to do like 20 games?

!...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: