Lakers interested in Fyre (BSPN)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
that doesnt mean anything..knicks prolly turned down the offer as soon as FRYE's name came up

I think Larry Brown would deal anyone on his roster for Lamar Odom in a heartbeat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:

If we get Fyre i want someone like Rose or Q in the package.
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

This trade rumour is just BS, probably trying to disrupt Cookie's momentum.
md8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

And I'm interested in Jessica Alba, that doesn't mean I have a chance of getting her.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

md8 wrote:
And I'm interested in Jessica Alba, that doesn't mean I have a chance of getting her.

Dude that didn't make sense
B-Scott
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

if only frye and cook could play defense. Imagine both in the lineup at the same time. It would be impossible to double kobe. Problem is they would be liabilities on defense and rebounding.

C Frye
PF Cook
SF Lamar
G Kobe
G Smush

nice on offense. Potentially disaster on D. Frye is a smart kid,so maybe 1 day he will improve in the defensive area.
lakeshowhorizon.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Frye is a smart kid, and it is also kind of unrealistic to judge him his first season. But overall, if you look at how he plays, he has a very good head on his shoulders, imo which is most important aside from the talent. He plays like he belongs there on the court and that intrigues me as well as the rest of his system-type style of play.

Kwame! Kwame! Kwame! Kwame!...

Kwame's a nice post defender but after that, . That's how he plays on the court, .
Showtime_Returns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject:

QRich, Mo Taylor and Frye for Odom and Slava, low 1st round pick.
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
md8 wrote:

Dude that didn't make sense

It makes perfect sense. md8 has absolutely no chance of landing Jessica Alba. Rarely are words spoken that are that true.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Kwame, George, and Slava

for Frye, and Marbury

works in trade checker.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

md8 wrote:

Have you tried stalking her? You never know, until you peer in thru her window at 3 a.m.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
md8 wrote:

Have you tried stalking her? You never know, until you peer in thru her window at 3 a.m.

magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
md8 wrote:

Wolfpac says it best.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Anybody who would want Marbury on this team needs their head examined. Please show me where a team he has gone to and helped them win...off the top of my head he was in Minny, PHX and now NY...none of which benefited from having him on the team, and none of which would want him back...please, just say no to the self proclaimed 'best point guard in the league!!!
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Didn't the thing say that Frye's not available. Personally, I think Lee is just as good as Frye (rebounds, better range, quicker).
Brown loves Odom, so I like the idea of Odom for Mo Taylor ('07 friendly and can actually score in the triangle), Lee, and Robinson (An ultra athletic John Paxson type).
Kobe may have to initiate more for a while but Lee and Robinson would definitely fit into our longer range plans. We'd also be about $25 mil. under the cap after next year.

Next year:
Mihm/Bynum/Kwame
Cook/Turiaf/Taylor/Lee
Kobe/Green/Walton
Sasha/Wafer
Smush/Robinson/McKie

Grant, Taylor, Kwame, Mihm, Walton, and McKie then come off the books. And we've then got a:
Bynum/Turiaf
Cook/Lee
Kobe/Green
Sasha/Wafer
Smush/Robinson
with $25 million of available cap space.
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Just say no to QRich and his horrific contract.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
Anybody who would want Marbury on this team needs their head examined. Please show me where a team he has gone to and helped them win...off the top of my head he was in Minny, PHX and now NY...none of which benefited from having him on the team, and none of which would want him back...please, just say no to the self proclaimed 'best point guard in the league!!!

Tell me what player besides Kobe has done anything on a winning team. Marbury played very well with KG and KG was recently quoted saying he would love to team up with him again. NY was trash when he arrived and as far as PHX not many guards are better than Nash and Kidd these are the two that improved the teams he left. But as far as your opinion about having heads examined when you say don't get a guy that has been an allstar and in the right situation can be an allstar, which you can't say about any of our current players, I think a mirror is what you need.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Not many players can average 20pts 8assists and 3 rebounds over a 10yr career Mr. karlmalonefan
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

lakerMark wrote:
Kwame, George, and Slava

for Frye, and Marbury

works in trade checker.

As much as I like Frye, I really don't want to see Starbury in a Laker uniform. He's a great player, but I don't think he genuinely buys into a team concept. I think the current group of Lakers are cancer free and I'd rather not take chances on those who might be. Why I also did not want Artest.....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

lakerMark wrote:
karlmalonefan wrote:

Tell me what player besides Kobe has done anything on a winning team. Marbury played very well with KG and KG was recently quoted saying he would love to team up with him again. NY was trash when he arrived and as far as PHX not many guards are better than Nash and Kidd these are the two that improved the teams he left. But as far as your opinion about having heads examined when you say don't get a guy that has been an allstar and in the right situation can be an allstar, which you can't say about any of our current players, I think a mirror is what you need.

This is typical. Can't make a move for fear of character risk. People really need to go read Lazenby's book on Lakers history and all the characters that have been Lakers, and great ones, who've had less than stellar characters. Most of us, with our lives under the microscope, if gossip columnists wrote about our work lives or personal lives, we'd sound like character risks too.

I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out that Kobe is widely percieved as being a bad teammate--but we know that is mostly media fabrication. But when it comes to another player on another team we're willing to buy every last sports writers word for it.

The guy may be a bad fit on the team--that's a reasonable argument. Not the best defender, maybe. But this crap about "oh, but he pouts" or "oh, but he's a cancer"--dude puts up career averages of 20 points and 8 assists. Whatever he's doing, he's balling. We have pouters on this team who are lucky to get one basket in ten tries, but they're not risks I guess because, well, we know they suck.

I'm not lobbying for Marbury, but I damn well wouldn't cry over losing anyone on this team not named Kobe or Bynum for him. The only thing worse than a bad character is no talent. I'll take bad character and lots of talent anyday. Find me an all-star that is on the block who's also a saint--good luck with that. I can only imagine if this board had been around the day that Magic asked to be traded. Would everyone be happy to get rid of that locker room cancer? The whole character issue ought to be shelved--does a player help on the court, yes or no? That's all I care about. What he does on the bench or the lockeroom is what Phil is paid the big bucks to deal with. We have a primadonna coach, we can afford a few primadonna players who can actually make a layup.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
lakerMark wrote:
Kwame, George, and Slava

for Frye, and Marbury

works in trade checker.

As much as I like Frye, I really don't want to see Starbury in a Laker uniform. He's a great player, but I don't think he genuinely buys into a team concept. I think the current group of Lakers are cancer free and I'd rather not take chances on those who might be. Why I also did not want Artest.....

I would love that but really how would that help them...plus it would kill our 07 plan.
Showtime_Returns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
lakerMark wrote:
karlmalonefan wrote:

This is typical. Can't make a move for fear of character risk. People really need to go read Lazenby's book on Lakers history and all the characters that have been Lakers, and great ones, who've had less than stellar characters. Most of us, with our lives under the microscope, if gossip columnists wrote about our work lives or personal lives, we'd sound like character risks too.

I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out that Kobe is widely percieved as being a bad teammate--but we know that is mostly media fabrication. But when it comes to another player on another team we're willing to buy every last sports writers word for it.

The guy may be a bad fit on the team--that's a reasonable argument. Not the best defender, maybe. But this crap about "oh, but he pouts" or "oh, but he's a cancer"--dude puts up career averages of 20 points and 8 assists. Whatever he's doing, he's balling. We have pouters on this team who are lucky to get one basket in ten tries, but they're not risks I guess because, well, we know they suck.

I'm not lobbying for Marbury, but I damn well wouldn't cry over losing anyone on this team not named Kobe or Bynum for him. The only thing worse than a bad character is no talent. I'll take bad character and lots of talent anyday. Find me an all-star that is on the block who's also a saint--good luck with that. I can only imagine if this board had been around the day that Magic asked to be traded. Would everyone be happy to get rid of that locker room cancer? The whole character issue ought to be shelved--does a player help on the court, yes or no? That's all I care about. What he does on the bench or the lockeroom is what Phil is paid the big bucks to deal with. We have a primadonna coach, we can afford a few primadonna players who can actually make a layup.

Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
Anybody who would want Marbury on this team needs their head examined.

Needs to be repeated.
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:

You have to understand that people are still recovering from the locker room cancer that was Shat.
If they are erring on the side of caution when it comes to character I completely understand.
Artest is nuts. Putting any considerable investment into him would have been as insane as Ron is.

It's about character as far as the court and practice court.

If cancer is talented, it's still cancer.
Several Pacer players described life/practice/games as walking on eggshells whenever Artest was around.

Marbury whined his way out of a good situation in Minny and has been a malcontent who can't win ever since.
Now that we're finally cleansing ourselves of the Shat terrorism era, I'd like to stay cancer free for a while. Thanks.

And by the way, character does mean something. Lazenby was chronicling Shat and Phil's lack of character for years and it led to our current situation. It was lack of character that got us into this mess. Don't forget that.

Too many people want a quick fix but Rome (our next dynasty) will not be built in a day. Stay patient.
Boybees
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Suggested new title for this thread:

“Every NBA team is interested in every good basketball player.”
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: