OFFICIAL THOMAS ROBINSON THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
tox wrote:
I know T-Rob, moreso than other players, benefits from highlights since they gloss over the mistakes he makes on defense, but man he looked great from the highlights.

As if most of the other lakers are juggernauts on the defensive end...

Does he know someone in the highlight reel edit room, where they give him favoritism and "gloss over" his mistakes, but put the others under a microscope?

Or -- and here's a wild thought -- there are different degrees of bad? And Robinson is on the extreme end of bad?

I really hate false equivalences.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I honestly don't understand the fascination with T-Rob. Can someone please explain to me why they love T-Rob?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
I honestly don't understand the fascination with T-Rob. Can someone please explain to me why they love T-Rob?

his effort....the humility he has shown being a former #5 pick in the draft...very recently....but recognizing that is in the past and giving 110% every single time his number is called. The guy was either the National Player of the Year or the runner up for every legitimate group that offers that award while at Kansas just a few years ago....his toolbox is short a number of tools, but the ones in that toolbox are very good quality.

The guy at Kansas would take the rebound, go the length of the court and put a fool on a poster.....I still see a guy with a lot of ability that can still add the few things he needs to be a quality player. A player of any age can add a mid range jumper. He has other shortfalls, but who doesn't?
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The Logo wrote:

his effort....the humility he has shown being a former #5 pick in the draft...very recently....but recognizing that is in the past and giving 110% every single time his number is called. The guy was either the National Player of the Year or the runner up for every legitimate group that offers that award while at Kansas just a few years ago....his toolbox is short a number of tools, but the ones in that toolbox are very good quality.

The guy at Kansas would take the rebound, go the length of the court and put a fool on a poster.....I still see a guy with a lot of ability that can still add the few things he needs to be a quality player. A player of any age can add a mid range jumper. He has other shortfalls, but who doesn't?

Fair enough, I think he certainly has the athleticism and hustle to stay in the league. That being said, I think he's limited by his shot selection and ability on defense. I wouldn't mind us keeping him for another year, but we'll see what happens.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject:

he has been great lately and arguably has been put on better games than randle, nance and just about everyone on the frontcourt but haters gonna hate. The kid has skill, he can handle a bit, can drive on bigs, rebound and hustle the hell out of the play, love his effort
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

Not sure why T-Rob has gotten so little burn. He just needs a jump shot.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The Logo wrote:

I don't put a lot of stock on his college resume. I just think he came at the wrong time with the small ball era. He's not good enough to be a rim protector and does have the 3 ball to be a stretch 4. But he has the physical tools to be a good player, he just need to put it together. Add a jumper to his limited arsenal will do him wonders. Also need to work on his angles defensively. Forcing players that he is guarding on their weak side, read the plays so he won't be late rotating defensively and don't put all that one jump to stop those shots.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I give him lots of flack so I should give him credit. He's played great D on Z-Bo so far. He's just gotta learn defensive rotations
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

Effort. Every single game. How can you not like that?!
zoom K083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

i think we need to keep TROB next year, hes a good change of pace big we need when things start to get stagnant
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Last 4 games: 56 points, 28 boards in 66 minutes...Basically 30 and 15 per 36 in the last 4....

Randle, Robinson (12p, 10r) & Nance become the first Lakers trio with double-doubles in the same game since Dec. 2014.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I like him but dude is not smart. Putting on dribbling exhibitions
zoom K083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I like him but dude is not smart. Putting on dribbling exhibitions

he didnt lose the ball
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

He's a keeper.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Solid backup 5.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

What are the thoughts on him getting increased playing time next year?

If the Lakers trade Randle as is frequently suggested. Would Nance and Robinson be an acceptable PF duo? Possibly Black or Deng playing PF mpg?

Maybe add a PF with #28 or even #32 if the lottery balls are unkind.

Nance's health worries me but Robinson's energy with the 2nd unit or occasional starts throughout the season could be workable IMO. Prefer keeping Randle, but as an option Robinson isn't a bad one.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

If the Lakers trade Randle as is frequently suggested. Would Nance and Robinson be an acceptable PF duo? Possibly Black or Deng playing PF mpg?

Nance's health worries me but Robinson's energy with the 2nd unit or occasional starts throughout the season could be workable IMO. Prefer keeping Randle, but as an option Robinson isn't a bad one.

For the minimum, I'd keep him.

Excellent athleticism and motor, but terrible BBALL IQ. Good 5th big man to have.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Excellent athleticism and motor, but terrible BBALL IQ. Good 5th big man to have.

With his production increasing per minute and the eye test favors him, his price might be going up and teams usually overpay to snatch players. I see him finding his niche around the rim and having a nice form to develop a jumpshot, teams like the Clips might be willing to give that mid level split pay.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

i would keep him o the cheap and let go off Black. Black has turned into Kwame Brown, butterfingers
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

With his production increasing per minute and the eye test favors him, his price might be going up and teams usually overpay to snatch players. I see him finding his niche around the rim and having a nice form to develop a jumpshot, teams like the Clips might be willing to give that mid level split pay.

He's been on 53 teams for a reason. No doubt athletic tools but not mentally. Just plays completely through physical strength.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

He finished last year strong too and still no real offers.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

But does Robinson give the Lakers enough to consider moving Randle?

I agree Robinson is unlikely to get a big offer. Lakers might have to give him 2-3M a year. Can't imagine any team using a full mid level of $5M on him.

Does a Nance, Robinson and Swanigan (for example) at PF offset the loss of Randle?

Especially if adding a marquee FA like George or Butler?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised the 76ers never took a chance on him. I feel like he'd put up 20/10 on that team. They wouldn't win any games, but he'd be fun to watch lol.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

dude is playing for his life right now.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

But does Robinson give the Lakers enough to consider moving Randle?

I agree Robinson is unlikely to get a big offer. Lakers might have to give him 2-3M a year. Can't imagine any team using a full mid level of $5M on him.

Does a Nance, Robinson and Swanigan (for example) at PF offset the loss of Randle?

Especially if adding a marquee FA like George or Butler?

just my 2 cents: you trade randle with Nance in mind and not thomas robinson honestly
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26
Jump to: