OFFICIAL THOMAS ROBINSON THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I prefer Black at backup center, but it's hard not to like Robinson's effort. He plays hard.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I prefer Black at backup center, but it's hard not to like Robinson's effort. He plays hard.

They both bring a little something-something to the court. Both will give great effort, hustle and around 6-7 points and 6-7 rebounds on a consistent basis.

They are the type of guys that most teams need. Both are decent role players with friendly contracts, they have a lot of heart, grit and determination.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:

Matching TRob up against the Gobert's or Chandler's of the league is a lost cause. He thrives when paired with a rim protector. Thought Luke took a step back with his rotations last night, but that's for another topic. Black does better but the size is still an issue.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Loved his effort tonight! He came in and really made an impact in that 2nd quarter to help push us to the 9pt halftime lead. Just his reads on defense, his ability and effort to recover and help. Dude shoots the passing lanes well too. Ya ya his refined offensive skills are archaic and lacking, but man, can't knock the guys motor. If only that kind of energy permeated throughout the team at all times and not just when we're scoring and playing good offense.

Next to Tarik, TRob has been a good role guy for us off the bench for the dirty work.

Hope he stomps out the Nets next game as revenge.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Loved his effort tonight! He came in and really made an impact in that 2nd quarter to help push us to the 9pt halftime lead. Just his reads on defense, his ability and effort to recover and help. Dude shoots the passing lanes well too. Ya ya his refined offensive skills are archaic and lacking, but man, can't knock the guys motor. If only that kind of energy permeated throughout the team at all times and not just when we're scoring and playing good offense.

Next to Tarik, TRob has been a good role guy for us off the bench for the dirty work.

Hope he stomps out the Nets next game as revenge.

He brings his hard hat and lunch pail to work and goes at it when he gets a chance.
He can't shoot a lick but he makes up for it with his motor.
He communicates well defensively with team mates and contributes a little on both ends of the floor.

I like his effort. Pretty good reserve player to have on the team.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject:

I can't think of a better 3rd string big man to ask for. I hope we keep him around in that capacity for a long time.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject:

T-Rob will get a shot at more playing time and is going to have to step up now that Larry Jr. is out. He plays "hungry" so I'm confident that he is ready.

T-Rob will bring hustle, muscle and energy but not much offense. However his rebounding and scrappy defense will be a plus.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject:

It's nice having T-Rob as an option when your dealing with injuries. If nothing else you know he's going to come in, play hard, and is physically capable.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:32 am    Post subject:

Luke Walton gave an update on Larry Nance Jr.’s knee injury; Thomas Robinson filling in the position.

http://www.spectrumsportsnet.com/lakers/videos/20161221/larry-nance-jr-injury-update-luke-walton
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

I'm curious to know how having both Tarik and Thomas will work out as this season progresses. Both have similar play styles and neither can play center against the biggest centers in the league very well, so we really don't need to keep both moving forward.

I'd probably keep Tarik if I had to choose but I can also see either of these guys getting packaged up in a trade deal.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
I'm curious to know how having both Tarik and Thomas will work out as this season progresses. Both have similar play styles and neither can play center against the biggest centers in the league very well, so we really don't need to keep both moving forward.

I'd probably keep Tarik if I had to choose but I can also see either of these guys getting packaged up in a trade deal.

It's going to be interesting and fun to see it all unfold. I like both player's intelligence, attitude and team-first approach to the game.
Tarik is more of a true small ball center with good hustle and fair defense.
T-Rob brings energy, hustle and good defense but is more of an old school PF.
Both are good rebounders, can score around the basket but have limited range.
They are great locker room guys and both are valuable assets that could be packaged in a deal if the need arises.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

T-rob seems to be bigger, I think he is more like 6'10" where Black is 6'8"

I think he is better against the real big guys. With our injuries this season, I am glad we have both on the squad.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
T-rob seems to be bigger, I think he is more like 6'10" where Black is 6'8"

I think he is better against the real big guys. With our injuries this season, I am glad we have both on the squad.

T-Rob is definitely more effective defensively against taller centers than TB because of his motor.

TB is doubtful tonight so we can expect T-Rob to get plenty of action either way. I hope he delivers in a big way.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

Trob and Hassan should be interesting.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I like T-Rob but the same lineups that dominate with Black are not great with T-Rob. Don't agree with anyone who says they'd rather have Robinson.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I would not prefer Robinson over Black, but am glad that he has stepped up when needed. He is exactly what we need on the bench.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I would not prefer Robinson over Black, but am glad that he has stepped up when needed. He is exactly what we need on the bench.

Exactly, both are nice pieces and have done fairly well for what has been asked of them.
TB is a proven commodity with a body of work as a Laker, he is what he is.
T-Rob has to go out and establish himself and show what he can bring to the team.
They are somewhat similar yet both contribute in their own unique way.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject:

T-Rob showed a lot of heart, toughness and hustle tonight. He was solid on defense and did all he could to keep us in the game.

8 points, 12 rebounds in 18 minutes.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Excellent energy and effort from TRob out there filling in for our missing dudes tonight. This is what we expected from him by keeping him on the roster and tonight he played like a warrior.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Not sure about him playing at center. Thought he excelled next to Mozgov. He'll do the dirty work and grab rebounds, but asking him to clog up the middle against bigger adversaries is ridiculous. Other than that, seems like he'll be on the roster for a while (unless another team decides to take a gamble on him).
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Anytime he is given real minutes he puts up numbers plus is an intangible guy. I wonder if he were given a few games 3/4 at least with 32 or so minutes what his numbers would be? Why doesn't he get more of a chance? because it stunts Randle and or Nance's growth?
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Anytime he is given real minutes he puts up numbers plus is an intangible guy. I wonder if he were given a few games 3/4 at least with 32 or so minutes what his numbers would be? Why doesn't he get more of a chance? because it stunts Randle and or Nance's growth?

I think it has to do with his IQ. He looks lost sometimes but makes up for it with a lot of effort. Reminds me a bit of an early career Jordan Hill.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

I think it has to do with his IQ. He looks lost sometimes but makes up for it with a lot of effort. Reminds me a bit of an early career Jordan Hill.

But isn't it the numbers, and the non stat play he provides that matter most? He hustles, he just does not seem to ever get that real chance for any sustained amount of time. Like you said, IQ? But he does make up for a few brain lost moments with that added effort........I would love to see a few 33 or so minut games, really see what he does, not holding my breath however...
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject:

love guys like him and black. Ya they may blow easy lay ups or make bone headed plays here and there but these guys play with toughness and heart something most of this team lacks
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject:

I like him as a third string guy who fills in when needed

I'd bring him back on a low level / vet min deal again
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 16 of 26
Jump to: