Zach Randolph to play the bench role this year

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Zach Randolph to play the bench role this year

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243510/Grizzlies-To-Move-Zach-Randolph-To-Bench-Role
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

That's kind of incredible. End of a well not era, but the Grizzlies as we knew them
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
That's kind of incredible. End of a well not era, but the Grizzlies as we knew them

For all the whining about the Gasol trade, the Grizzlies wouldn't have had that run of success without it. Not to mention the ultimate redemption story that is ZBo.

!...
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

great player. you can drop him on any team and he makes them better.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject:

Amazing how perceptions of him changed. The first half of his career he was regarded as a black hole, locker room cancer, lazy overweight shooter who couldn't bother to play defense, and teams couldn't wait to get rid of him.

He landed in Memphis in his 7 or 8th year, and people started talking about what a good teammate and productive player he'd become.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

that reputation stuff is crazy. even when everyone was complaining he was great. reminds me of demarcus cousins now. at first, all this stuff about how much of a problem he was. then i watched him for a while, and the guys was great always. ok, he'd get a little weird at times (not like rodman or anything). all overblown.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
that reputation stuff is crazy. even when everyone was complaining he was great. reminds me of demarcus cousins now. at first, all this stuff about how much of a problem he was. then i watched him for a while, and the guys was great always. ok, he'd get a little weird at times (not like rodman or anything). all overblown.

Being around West and others in Memphis probably did wonders for his changed personality.

Good to see Zach Randolph thinking team first.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Being around West and others in Memphis probably did wonders for his changed personality.

Good to see Zach Randolph thinking team first.

i guess what im saying is that as a fan, it seems overblown. because even when they are talking about how bad the guy is blah blah, he's playing great on the court.

it's happening right now here with nick young. our best shooter, and everyone wants him off the team, and i think it's somewhat outrageuous. like so what. everything he does, so what? hit your threes, go act crazy, fine by me. i'd rather have crazy nick young than good guy clarkson for threes.

and really, nobody knows why the personalities change and all that. it's all behind the scenes stuff, the details are unknown. is it jerry west? is it the coach? you don't know at all, really. i dont think west magically transformed randolph. but he might have had an influence. but the idea that he sucked and then became awesome is false. he was always good. just when he changed teams, all of a suddenly people spoke highly of him.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

Overblown? Are you aware of his documented history: In Portland, he hung out with gangs and drug dealers. He was arrested for DUI. There are long police reports about him and it's still an open question whether he was involved in a murder.

Teammates complained about him in the locker room, complained he didn't pass, complained he was fat and didn't take care of himself. He got into a fight with a teammate about hookers, threw a weight at him, and hit someone in the back of the head. He punched another teammates in the face, breaking his eye socket.

That's not overblown. That's a criminal whose lucky he didnt end up with a lifetime suspension from the NBA, a prison sentence, or was found dead in a gully with a bullet in the back of his head.

He got out of the toxic environment of Portland (which, admittedly, he was a big part in making toxic). He finally cleaned up his act, became a good teammate and grew up in Memphis.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Won't be long till this changes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: