View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Why are they not giving minutes to Zubac? Giving more minutes to scrubs that will never make the team but bench Ingram and Zubac in a close game situation.

Don't agree with that one Luke.

Roster tryouts. Yi is playing for his collective basketball life. No question TRob is the better player.

I wonder if Yi would be interested in a stint in the D-League

He looked the part today...
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Judah wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
But I thought we really wanted to win? Luke hasn't even called a timeout. That says it all about how much he cares about winning this game. Hopefully this shuts up a certain individual here.

I'm sorry, but this is just a dense post. Seriously.

There's more coming soon.

Luke just went against a lot of the points you were making. So bring it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:
Where are all of you guys that wanted AB as the backup 2? LOL

I wasn't calling for this, but since you mention it, I personally would prefer watching AB over Lou any day.

No thanks, AB has no part being in the NBA

based on what? His shooting? He is 5 for 9 in the preseason, and 2 for 4 from 3. He is the best perimeter defender on the team. The whole bashing AB thing is getting silly.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Putting that line up in the 4th was almost like Byron Scott style.. He wanted to lose the game at all cost.

Coach has to give every player a decent look in order to make a somewhat informed decision. That's what pre-season is for, evaluating all twenty of your players.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lakersfever714 wrote:
Clarkson's the only consistent player so far. Played superbly in both season games so far.
Many doubted him but I knew he was capable of being a good defender.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

Funny. Hearing Worthy explain the differences between this years O and last year even though he was a huge BS supporter last year
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if we start making cuts soon.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:

I wasn't calling for this, but since you mention it, I personally would prefer watching AB over Lou any day.

based on what? His shooting? He is 5 for 9 in the preseason, and 2 for 4 from 3. He is the best perimeter defender on the team. The whole bashing AB thing is getting silly.

Best perimeter defender based on what? That Buddy Hield game was the best thing to happen to his career. Let's not pretend he's some shutdown defender now. He's not better than Deng. He's hot garbage. He couldn't even take over a game against 3rd stringers when he's a 4 year college player + 1 year NBA experience.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I wonder if we start making cuts soon.

It will come down to Yi and T-Rob. And likely keep Yi for marketing reasons.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Judah wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
But I thought we really wanted to win? Luke hasn't even called a timeout. That says it all about how much he cares about winning this game. Hopefully this shuts up a certain individual here.

The point I was making? That winning preseason games is the ideal outcome to boost morale and see if the foundational principles are working? And he still called two consecutive timeouts in a row in the fourth. He's going to call another one?
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:

People are extremely tough on him. No one even pays attention to him on defense. He only gets 2-3 shots a day. He plays his role fine. He just needs to keep improving as a shooter
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Putting that line up in the 4th was almost like Byron Scott style.. He wanted to lose the game at all cost.

Coach has to give every player a decent look in order to make a somewhat informed decision. That's what pre-season is for, evaluating all twenty of your players.

Yeah I gotta hand it to Luke for giving these guys a chance, I'm just glad that we saw a great game from most of our players.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Who cares? It's obvious that Luke had no intention of pulling out the white flag rotation anyways.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject:

People need to chill. Luke had to give a fair shot to the dudes trying to get that 15th roster spot. The result of this game means nothing.

Robinson has easily outplayed Yi so far. Yi was struggling against scrubs and rookies. Hes gotta start making some jumpers.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:

People are extremely tough on him. No one even pays attention to him on defense. He only gets 2-3 shots a day. He plays his role fine. He just needs to keep improving as a shooter

He went outside his comfort zone and tried to compensate for the deficit. Works best as a spot up shooter.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
deal wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Why are they not giving minutes to Zubac? Giving more minutes to scrubs that will never make the team but bench Ingram and Zubac in a close game situation.

Preseason!

Luke needs to see the bench dudes play, W or L is pointless; he needs to see them...

Its not about the wins or losses. Nuggets had Murray close the game. Why couldn't we do the same for Ingram? Or even Zubac? What is the point of playing players that will not make this team.

I think as the preseason rolls along we'll see less of the super scrubs and more of our regulars mixed in with our Laker scrub AB... We need to know where they stand, and a lot of questions were answered in the 4th quarter.

AB, a professional NBA player, in his second year, who's part of the breakfast club, who gets invited to Lakers functions with the rest of the upcoming Lakers stars, couldn't even take command of the game when we needed him to.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:

He went outside his comfort zone and tried to compensate for the deficit. Works best as a spot up shooter.

I read a stat about how he was one of the worst wide open shooters last season. There are no indications at all that he can shoot.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:

Best perimeter defender based on what? That Buddy Hield game was the best thing to happen to his career. Let's not pretend he's some shutdown defender now. He's not better than Deng. He's hot garbage. He couldn't even take over a game against 3rd stringers when he's a 4 year college player + 1 year NBA experience.

he is a better defender than 2016 Deng on the perimeter...no question about it. He was a solid defender as a rookie. You don't like him, he could have been 4 for 4 again tonight and you would make the same claims....that's fine, I have preferences also, but I recognize when they are based actual play or just personal bias
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:

Yeah. Hes best as spot up shooter
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Now mI know how the Sac Queens fans felt when they pulled out their players and let us steamroll them...
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

Zubac to play more on Sunday
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Iconic wrote:

If you're going to base AB's potential worth, on whether or not he can "dominate" close out games, against thrid stringers, than you're using bad judgement, imo.

"Dominating" is not AB's role, on this team. Nor, was he in a position to dominate, when Walton preaches ball/player movement, and wants his guys to execute his vision.

AB played very limited minutes tonight, and showed his defensive skillset. Unfortunately, his shot continues to be a bit inconsistent. But, so is his playing time. Same with Yi. These guys had little chance to establish a rhythm.

Despite the loss, the Lakers played well, and the showed improvement from last night. I'm hoping that trend continues.

ZOOM!!!!!
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

Megaton wrote:
deal wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Preseason!

Luke needs to see the bench dudes play, W or L is pointless; he needs to see them...

Its not about the wins or losses. Nuggets had Murray close the game. Why couldn't we do the same for Ingram? Or even Zubac? What is the point of playing players that will not make this team.

To see what they can do and give them a chance.

Also, Luke said that Zubac will play a lot more minutes on Sunday and Ingram played the most minutes of everyone in the first game.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

Megaton wrote:
deal wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Preseason!

To see what they can do and give them a chance.

Also, Luke said that Zubac will play a lot more minutes on Sunday and Ingram played the most minutes of everyone in the first game.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Judah wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

The point I was making? That winning preseason games is the ideal outcome to boost morale and see if the foundational principles are working? And he still called two consecutive timeouts in a row in the fourth. He's going to call another one?

Judging by the last 8 minutes or so, Luke didn't play to win. Period.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 56 of 58
Jump to: