View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Jamal Murray celebrating scoring on scrubs was shamefully priceless.

He ended the game 6/17 shooting. Do the math, up to that point before the scrubs came in he was struggling.

Was Ingram guarding him?

lol, Lou Williams for the most part.

I wonder why Denver wants to have Murray and Harris since both of them have the same strength.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

On the Laker side:

Borderline players looking like they need cut:

Jacobs
Wear
Yi

Borderline players looking like they need to stay on this roster:

T Robinson
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

He ended the game 6/17 shooting. Do the math, up to that point before the scrubs came in he was struggling.

Was Ingram guarding him?

I wonder why Denver wants to have Murray and Harris since both of them have the same strength.

They're trying to make him a SG. He's clearly a better player with the ball in his hand. Mudiay has to eventually go. I don't think that guy is going to be there long with his lack of shooting.

Harris is more of their 3-D guy. Love his game. Guy just works. Is a pretty good defender already and can hit the open shots. Good IQ, never plays out of control, but Murray is more dynamic. A backcourt of Murray/Harris would grow to be light years ahead of a Mudiay/Harris backcourt.
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject:

I LOVE the 2nd unit of

Calderon
Clarkson
Ingram
Nance
Black

I'm all in on JC coming off the bench

He'll be finishing games with the starters anyways, taking lou's spot

Also I think Young makes the team and I am fine with that

And the play of the game for me was that Julius right hand finish! haha
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Judah wrote:
KindCrippler2000, you should just cease in responding to him. It's been pretty obvious from the beginning that he just wants to argue for the sake of arguing, for some strange reason (boredom maybe?).

Don't feed a stray dog. If you do he'll just keep coming back for more.

And so Judah said to his brothers, "what will we gain if we kill our brother and cover up his blood?"

I'm sure you'll appreciate these:

"If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet." (Proverbs 29:9)

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion." (Proverbs 18:2)
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Judah wrote:
KindCrippler2000, you should just cease in responding to him. It's been pretty obvious from the beginning that he just wants to argue for the sake of arguing, for some strange reason (boredom maybe?).

And so Judah said to his brothers, "what will we gain if we kill our brother and cover up his blood?"

"If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet." (Proverbs 29:9)

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion." (Proverbs 18:2)

Nice name calling.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

Was Ingram guarding him?

They're trying to make him a SG. He's clearly a better player with the ball in his hand. Mudiay has to eventually go. I don't think that guy is going to be there long with his lack of shooting.

Harris is more of their 3-D guy. Love his game. Guy just works. Is a pretty good defender already and can hit the open shots. Good IQ, never plays out of control, but Murray is more dynamic. A backcourt of Murray/Harris would grow to be light years ahead of a Mudiay/Harris backcourt.

They do have a lot of talented players, I still think we will end up better then them or in the same tier.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Judah wrote:

I... I stand corrected.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Denver was missing their 3 best players.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject:

lol, they were missing 3 rotational players. Not their 3 BEST players... it's 2016.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I wonder if we start making cuts soon.

I'd imagine we'd see a cut this weekend, julian jacobs Is gone, he makes huertas look like nash and Huertas is D- nba talent.

Wear is going to be cut for sure as well....maybe this weekend.

Then we will see. They don't need a 4th center and Yi is horrible, but metta will be cut and then I guess zach auguste...since he's gotten no action so far. Then it's between Yi and Robinson and Swaggy.

Swaggy played ok in game 2, robinson is ok...he knows what he's doing..he's just not very talented...correct decision is cut Yi and put Robinson and Huertas in street clothes until needed at some point.

I didn't understand the metta, robinson or Yi invites to camp...or the huertas contract for that matter.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject:

Zach if he makes it, will be D-League bound. Zubs most likely will start there too unless he really shows on Sunday and the rest of pre-season. TRob I see as a legit shot. It truly is down to him vs. Yi.

The rest of the no namers are likely gone alone with Metta.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'd imagine we'd see a cut this weekend, julian jacobs Is gone, he makes huertas look like nash and Huertas is D- nba talent.

Then we will see. They don't need a 4th center and Yi is horrible, but metta will be cut and then I guess zach auguste...since he's gotten no action so far. Then it's between Yi and Robinson and Swaggy.

Swaggy played ok in game 2, robinson is ok...he knows what he's doing..he's just not very talented...correct decision is cut Yi and put Robinson and Huertas in street clothes until needed at some point.

I didn't understand the metta, robinson or Yi invites to camp...or the huertas contract for that matter.

It's because Huertas can run an offense unlike Russell or Clarkson. Yi will give you 8 million reasons why he'll be a valuable trading chip. Also they wanted Yi since last year they have been scouting him for a while in China.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Do fans even watch huertas? He is an elite pick and roll playmaker and the best passer on the team. Fans are also so quick to point out that he sucks at defense, when I always see him competing hard and from my observation he is a high iq player that plays within team concept. I would love to see a lineup where he and dlo are on the floor at the same time
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

Ehh that shot kinda won the game. The Lakers had much more impressive celebrations throughout the game and would have went nuts on that play.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Do fans even watch huertas? He is an elite pick and roll playmaker and the best passer on the team. Fans are also so quick to point out that he sucks at defense, when I always see him competing hard and from my observation he is a high iq player that plays within team concept. I would love to see a lineup where he and dlo are on the floor at the same time

Last season Huertas was lost at times but finding his way. However he is savvy and knows the game very well.
He has shown a vast amount of improvement from what I have seen so far.
Unless we pick up a better guard through a trade Huertas is a safe bet to make the team.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Last season Huertas was lost at times but finding his way. However he is savvy and knows the game very well.
Unless we pick up a better guard through a trade Huertas is a safe bet to make the team.

haha everyone was lost last season. Between Kobe doing whatever he wanted and not playing within the flow of the offense and Byron Scott as coach there was to much inconsistency.

I'm still really upset that we let go of Jeremy Lin for nothing. He is a good player. During his last 2 years anybody would have looked bad next to Kobe. You need a system in place that allows players to demonstrate there skills. Modern NBA is not just about Athleticism anymore, you need players that have basetkball skill, whether that is shooting, playmaking, moving without the ball.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject:

Only watching the game now, and while the product on the floor still leaves a lot to be desired it's already much much better than the Lakers were at last season's ending. I mean, last year was attrocious iso ball and no clue on defense whatsoever being played, and now we actually have legit nba schemes. And energy, a lot of positive energy and chemistry on the locker room, for all his faults Mitch took chemistry on account when building this ship, and it's showing right now, all good guys cheering for each other, even Auguste who hasnt played a single minute.

Still, it's going to be a journey, fans gotta be patient cause even a three year player like Clarkson will be playing under a real nba coach for the first time this season. We're starting lower than ground zero still, it's a process, but i've faith things will turn out fine with time, there's a lot of young talent on that roster
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
pio2u wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

haha everyone was lost last season. Between Kobe doing whatever he wanted and not playing within the flow of the offense and Byron Scott as coach there was to much inconsistency.

I'm still really upset that we let go of Jeremy Lin for nothing. He is a good player. During his last 2 years anybody would have looked bad next to Kobe. You need a system in place that allows players to demonstrate there skills. Modern NBA is not just about Athleticism anymore, you need players that have basetkball skill, whether that is shooting, playmaking, moving without the ball.

What flow

I liked Lin too but he's not the only players we let go for nothing (Gasol). It happens for whatever the reason.

The FO has their agenda & do what they feel is best for the team whether it turn out that way or not.
Let's hope that everyone from top to bottom does a better job this season.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Judah wrote:

Please don't insult one another. And please leave religion out of the Lounge. Thanks.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Lou sucks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58
Page 58 of 58
Jump to: