Lou Williams Trade Value
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Lou Williams Trade Value

If Lou has a good year what do you think are realistic trade options for him before deadline?

I think Lakers like Lou but I think they deal him at deadline if they can get something to keep for the future.

I think Lakers would like a draft pick since we likely may not have our 1st round pick next year, but could see them trying to get a controllable asset.

TORONTO ---> Maybe Terrence Ross or Norman Powell?

CHARLOTTE --> Don't see too much of value aside from a draft pick.

BULLS ---> Bobby Portis? Probably not..

DETROIT ---> Draft pick.

INDIANA ---> Draft pick.

MILWAUKEE ---> John Henson?

HOUSTON --> Trevor Ariza and a draft pick? Or Beverly?
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Lou Williams Trade Value

iimarshon wrote:
If Lou has a good year what do you think are realistic trade options for him before deadline?

I think Lakers like Lou but I think they deal him at deadline if they can get something to keep for the future.

I think Lakers would like a draft pick since we likely may not have our 1st round pick next year, but could see them trying to get a controllable asset.

DETROIT ---> Draft pick.

INDIANA ---> Draft pick.

He has some value to a team in the hunt who needs some scoring off the bench at the PG/SG position....the only team of the above that I think is good is Toronto. That being said, I don't see any team offering a pick or youngish talent for him....Lou is pretty bad and there is no way he'd be going back to toronto anyway.

More than likely we'd have to package a future 2nd rounder to someone to get an expiring contract as a salary dump, otherwise he has little to no value on the open market.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject:

MCW is being shopped but no way Bucks take Lou or Young. I think he's very salvageable if Luke and the coaching staff are able to work on his weaknesses (shooting, turnovers).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Lou Williams Trade Value

-They declined to re-sign him.

-Jeremy Lamb for Lou is fair.

-Def not Portis. Maybe Tony Snell and fillers?

DETROIT ---> Draft pick.

-not a SVG kind of player.

INDIANA ---> Draft pick.

-they already have an undersized SG who chucks and doesn't play defense (Ellis).

-MCW would be my target. I'd even attach a few 2nd rounders.

-Ariza has been desired target but I think they like both Ariza/Bev for defense. Someone has to play it.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

Ship Lue's ass back to Philly for Nerlens Noel in december. I don't even know who their SG is. Whoever it is, Lue is a better player over him.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
MCW is being shopped but no way Bucks take Lou or Young. I think he's very salvageable if Luke and the coaching staff are able to work on his weaknesses (shooting, turnovers).

I really like MCW, even though he can't shoot really he nice defender. They need some guard depth, but yeah they'd have no interest in young and it's have to be lou + something and I don't know what that thing would be.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

I really like MCW, even though he can't shoot really he nice defender. They need some guard depth, but yeah they'd have no interest in young and it's have to be lou + something and I don't know what that thing would be.

Maybe Lou + Yi (with his cap saving deal), 2 2nd rounders for MCW + Henson (he has like 11m/year for a couple of years).

Bucks save some $ off of Henson, don't have to pay MCW an extension, and when Monroe comes off the books, have some cap space to play with in 2017.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject:

I honestly think he has negative trade value.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

They can have young and Lou for mcw. He's a good backup point but I doubt the lakers are interested with Calderon and huertas on the roster
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

They can have young and Lou for mcw. He's a good backup point but I doubt the lakers are interested with Calderon and huertas on the roster

He's not a point guard at all. He even said as much.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

Pelicans need scoring. I'd look into them.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Lou Williams Trade Value

iimarshon wrote:

DETROIT ---> Draft pick.

INDIANA ---> Draft pick.

these are some of the most lopsided trades I've seen to start this season.

Lou is in that category (same as Nick) of one dimensional players who slow down ball movement and play no D.

Apparently Mil offered MCW for Ben Maclemore and Sac said no. Bucks need scoring off the bench and we could use a guy who doesn't need to dominate the ball. I'd be all for a MCW for Lou trade.

Black
Nance
Ingram
MCW
Calderon

is an adequate bench.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Maybe Lou + Yi (with his cap saving deal), 2 2nd rounders for MCW + Henson (he has like 11m/year for a couple of years).

Bucks save some $ off of Henson, don't have to pay MCW an extension, and when Monroe comes off the books, have some cap space to play with in 2017.

Lou negotiated with LA and Sacramento when he was a free agent, ultimately choosing LA on a deal that can be called an asset in the current economic climate. Stein reported that Sac rebuffed a McClemore for MCW offer. Joerger is said to want to open thing up offensively (something management in Memohis wouldn't allow) and desperately need guards who can handle the ball and score.

Reading into that a bit a Lou/McClemore/MCW deal might be agreeable to everyone but LA. I think if you could somehow add in a vet wing on a short deal while including Nick that could inspire more interest.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
Pelicans need scoring. I'd look into them.

Hard to find a deal that makes the numbers work outside of Lou for Evans
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Lou Williams Trade Value

2019 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

DETROIT ---> Draft pick.

INDIANA ---> Draft pick.

Lou is in that category (same as Nick) of one dimensional players who slow down ball movement and play no D.

Apparently Mil offered MCW for Ben Maclemore and Sac said no. Bucks need scoring off the bench and we could use a guy who doesn't need to dominate the ball. I'd be all for a MCW for Lou trade.

Black
Nance
Ingram
MCW
Calderon

is an adequate bench.

As we saw with Brandon Knight, Bucks don't seem keen on extending MCW since he will be a RFA next summer.

That's the double edged sword with him. He will be costly to extend and maybe the Lakers don't want to eat cap space doing it (though they can technically sign him after FA spending, though his cap hold is pretty substantial).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Lou Williams Trade Value

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

DETROIT ---> Draft pick.

INDIANA ---> Draft pick.

Black
Nance
Ingram
MCW
Calderon

is an adequate bench.

As we saw with Brandon Knight, Bucks don't seem keen on extending MCW since he will be a RFA next summer.

That's the double edged sword with him. He will be costly to extend and maybe the Lakers don't want to eat cap space doing it (though they can technically sign him after FA spending, though his cap hold is pretty substantial).

Agreed but....

If he blows our minds, offer him a contract. When he doesn't, give him the qualifying offer or just let him walk. At least we get one year of a decent fit and we don't have Lou on the books for next summer when we hope to add a all star level piece to a hopefully more proven core....
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Lou Williams Trade Value

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

DETROIT ---> Draft pick.

INDIANA ---> Draft pick.

Black
Nance
Ingram
MCW
Calderon

is an adequate bench.

Honestly I'm not even worried about resigning him. I would rather have 1 year of MCW to see what he can do over the last 2 years of Lou.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure who wants him at this point
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Not even his 2 girlfriends?
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject:

Welcome everyone.
Been waiting for a long longgggg time.

Anyway, the right team are the wolves.

Two possible paths -

1. Lou and Swaggy (and cash ?) for Rasual Butler.
*but not sure the wolves would want Swaggy anywhere around their youth, not to mention they really don't need him

2. Lou for Rasual Butler (or for "nothing" if we prefer) and a protected 2017 1st.
I'd probably attach a future 2nd rounder (conditional on the year in which we get the 1st rounder) to get this deal if I need to.

We also get to create a nice little tpe or two in the process, although odds are they go unused.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

How about Lou for Jeremy Lamb straight up? Gives Clifford another scorer around scoring-deprived guys like MKG.

Only issue is that Lamb has 1 more year longer on his deal.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
Ship Lue's ass back to Philly for Nerlens Noel in december. I don't even know who their SG is. Whoever it is, Lue is a better player over him.

We have too many bigs on our team so we have to send one their way too.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
How about Lou for Jeremy Lamb straight up? Gives Clifford another scorer around scoring-deprived guys like MKG.

That's tough. Lou is a better player but Lamb would be healthier for the team.

Lamb sort of had a mini breakout season last year though.
I don't think the Hornets would deal him away so easily. I wouldn't give up a pick for him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Not even his 2 girlfriends?

bahahahaha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's tough. Lou is a better player but Lamb would be healthier for the team.

Lamb sort of had a mini breakout season last year though.
I don't think the Hornets would deal him away so easily. I wouldn't give up a pick for him.

Clifford didn't play him in the playoffs saying he was "not ready" to compete, i.e., Space Cadet.

That being said, a more prototypical SG with size. He can simplify his game to be a catch-shoot guy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20
Jump to: