Lou Williams Trade Value
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Late first round pick I think he nets easily. The Shumpert idea (no real role with J.R Smith resigned) is intriguing as well.

I would attach randle and Yi to Lou and see what we can get for them
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Lou to Cavs actually make a lot of sense.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I thought so too first but then looked at cavs salary. They are in lux tax hell and have no incentive to add Lou's salary
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The earliest they can trade a first is in 2020. I'll take it
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject:

He gives them a scoring punch off the bench they lack.

Could play with lebron as the pg and shumpert to protect him.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Late first round pick I think he nets easily. The Shumpert idea (no real role with J.R Smith resigned) is intriguing as well.

Cavs need a backup point guard who can defend.
I can see them asking for Clarkson. They're not taking Lou or Calderon.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

They are not getting Clarkson. Beyond that, this is not about the Cavs not taking Lou. It was reported they are trying to move Moe Williams (who I dont think even participated in camp) and would attach McRae to a taker. Lou Williams would be able to be a team like the Cavs much more than Moe Williams or McRae this year.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Lou for Shumpert is an interesting trade, just dunno if the Cavs would want to do that though
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I thought so too first but then looked at cavs salary. They are in lux tax hell and have no incentive to add Lou's salary

I think they have accepted they will be in salary cap hell as long as Lebron is there....but you are right if they dont think he really helps, their not going to pay more tax for nothing.

It was just a "realistic" trade. I was not endorsing. Lou is not bringing back a first round selection unless it is close to trading deadline and a contender has had an injury which leaves them desperate for scoring....and I am still think there would be a better option than Lou for a 1st round pick.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

They are not getting Clarkson. Beyond that, this is not about the Cavs not taking Lou. It was reported they are trying to move Moe Williams (who I dont think even participated in camp) and would attach McRae to a taker. Lou Williams would be able to be a team like the Cavs much more than Moe Williams or McRae this year.

I was responding to greenfrog. Just saying that there's no way that we could get Shumpert.

As for Mo Williams and McRae. I'm all for it. McRae would be a huge upgrade over A.Brown.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
adkindo wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I was responding to greenfrog. Just saying that there's no way that we could get Shumpert.

As for Mo Williams and McRae. I'm all for it. McRae would be a huge upgrade over A.Brown.

I have not watched him in preseason, but I did notice he had a 1 for 14 game. In summer league, he had some offensive skills, but didn't provide much resistance on defense...but not sure SL is an accurate evaluation of him or not. Didn't he score like 40 on us in SL?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject:

How does he fetch a first when Atlanta got a late second (50th pick) and John Salmons (bag of chips) for him two years ago? The 50th pick was a draft and stash player, so Atlanta has nothing for at least 2 years.

Let's not kid ourselves here. He has almost zero trade value.

What team would want him anyways? He's blacklisted from the 10 teams that share the ball and defend, not to mention his three old ballclubs (Philly, Atlanta, Toronto).

davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Meeks + protected 1st (maybe even our own back which may end up as two 2nd rounders...).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
Meeks + protected 1st (maybe even our own back which may end up as two 2nd rounders...).

yeah, I think this is very realistic, and has value on both sides....I think a lot would depend on how good they project us to be the season before the pick or even how bad we will be this year (keep pick and they get 2 2nd's)
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject:

I think the cavs shumpert for Lou saves them a whole bunch of money doesn't it ?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

How Warriors built NBA's top defense (February 2015)

Quote:

For the Warriors, positions mean so little on defense because they've built a roster comprised of guys the same size. The players and coaches call it "versatility," a common set of qualities that allows the team to constantly switch on and off the ball. With Iguodala, Livingston, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Harrison Barnes and Justin Holiday, Golden State has a half-dozen long, defensively talented players who stand between 6-foot-6 and 6-foot-8. That height range is perfect for navigating between marking little guys and grappling with big men. For example, Green typically guards power forwards, but he can stop Chris Paul in a pinch.

The interchangeability of the resistance flusters offenses. Screen Iguodala, and here comes Thompson, who happens to be the exact same height. Screen Thompson, and here comes Green, who happens to be the exact same height. Golden State's defense is like the T-1000 Terminator villain who casually regenerates whatever body parts you blast off his corpus.

There's a fluidity to the assault on offenses. "Sometimes we just freestyle a little bit, freestyle within what coach will allow us to do," Green said of their switching tactics. Yes, there are rules; some decisions are dictated by what's left on the shot clock. But the Warriors also attack with intuition and improvisation. Make no mistake: It is an attack. Because many of their switches don't qualify as strategic concessions, they're pursued aggressively, in a blitzing fashion.

Golden State Warriors Roster

Los Angeles Lakers Roster (without Artest)

6' 1".....Lou Williams
6' 3".....Ian Clark

6' 3".....Marcelo Huertas
6' 3".....Stephen Curry

6' 3".....Jose Calderon
6' 6".....Andre Iguodala

6' 5".....Jordan Clarkson
6' 7".....Klay Thompson

6' 5".....D'Angelo Russell
6' 7".....Patrick McCaw

6' 7".....Nick Young
6' 7".....Shaun Livingston

6' 7".....Anthony Brown
6' 7".....Draymond Green

6' 9".....Luol Deng
6' 9".....Kevin Durant

6' 9".....Tarik Black
6' 9".....David West

6' 9".....Brandon Ingram
6' 9".....Kevin Looney

6' 9".....Larry Nance
6' 9".....James McAdoo

6' 9".....Julius Randle
6' 11"....Anderson Varejao

6' 11"....Zaza Pachula
6' 10"....Thomas Robinson

7' 0".....Yi Jinalin
7' 0".....Damian Jones

7' 1".....Timofey Mozgov
7' 0".....JaVale McGee

7' 1".....Ivaca Zubac

If Lou had a Bulldog mindset about defense, then that would compensate some for him being on the relatively small side.

With Calderon and Huertas aging along with Lou not being overly interested in defense, there could be struggles improving the defense as much as some are expecting this season.

I still find it difficult to imagine a team offering a first round pick for Lou.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I kinda miss Jodie Meeks
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
How does he fetch a first when Atlanta got a late second (50th pick) and John Salmons (bag of chips) for him two years ago? The 50th pick was a draft and stash player, so Atlanta has nothing for at least 2 years.

What team would want him anyways? He's blacklisted from the 10 teams that share the ball and defend, not to mention his three old ballclubs (Philly, Atlanta, Toronto).

List all the teams that he is blacklisted from.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

You're ignoring the VERY different economic reality in the nba and Lou's contract.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Iman Shumpert, eh? I kind of like the idea of trading Lou for Shumpert, but I dunno if the Cavs would even be interested. we would lose Lou's scoring, but gain a blue collar perimeter defender type dude. We don't really have a player like him on the roster and he could help our defense. he is a pretty horrendous shooter though, but he doesn't really take a lot of shots...still only 25 years old.

The problem is that he still has 3 years and 30 million left on his deal. I dunno how that would affect the Lakers future plans.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
Iman Shumpert, eh? I kind of like the idea of trading Lou for Shumpert, but I dunno if the Cavs would even be interested. we would lose Lou's scoring, but gain a blue collar perimeter defender type dude. We don't really have a player like him on the roster and he could help our defense. he is a pretty horrendous shooter though, but he doesn't really take a lot of shots...still only 25 years old.

The problem is that he still has 3 years and 30 million left on his deal. I dunno how that would affect the Lakers future plans.

They're really only adding 3M next year in the player swap. Yea I can't believe how young he is. 10M/yr really isn't bad if he gives you a competent defender that can hopefully hit a few wide open threes or slash like Ariza did. Even if it takes a 3rd team, if you can swap Williams for Shumpert you do it.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:

Only if you immediately cut Meeks.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Lou is one of the best players on the team, he isn't going anywhere.

Sad as both those statements may be to some.

MNO.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

MNO.

He's one of the best players now, but he has a two year window while surrounded by young players with a much longer timeline who will become better than him at some point in the next two seasons. He also has a coach who likely has a longer window whose system may not have a place structurally or ideologically for Lou doing what he's best at, which is iso ball. If he's not getting to the line, how much utility does Lou have?

To move forward, the Lakers may have to move backwards in the short-term by moving talent that doesn't fit.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

MNO.

He's one of the best players now, but he has a two year window while surrounded by young players with a much longer timeline who will become better than him at some point in the next two seasons. He also has a coach who likely has a longer window whose system may not have a place structurally or ideologically for Lou doing what he's best at, which is iso ball. If he's not getting to the line, how much utility does Lou have?

To move forward, the Lakers may have to move backwards in the short-term by moving talent that doesn't fit.

Yet that same coach inserted Lou into the starting lineup. The mismatch you see doesn't appear to be something that Luke sees.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 14 of 20
Jump to: