Preaseason Battles for Starting Positions/Rotation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Pretty much in full agreement with Yinoma's original post. I still would probably start Clarkson but given that he has yet to start in the first 5 preseason games, I think it is unlikely that changes.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

If the goal is to win as many games as possible this season this would be my rotation.

Russell/Young/Deng/Randle/Mozgov

With Huertas/Clarkson/Ingram/Nance/Black as our primary options off the bench.

If the goal is player development.

Russell/Clarkson/Deng/Randle/Mozgov

Huertas/Brown/Ingram/Nance/Zubac
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Russell/Calderon
Clarkson/Young
Deng/Ingram
Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Black

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject:

if we are trying to win games, i think we need at least 2 of russell, clarkson, and randle on the court at all times.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Trade Lou for a defensive minded SG/SF that isn't the deer in headlights that AB is proving to be. Solves most everything. JC is really a tweener and I think they prefer Lou with DLo since DLo is a bit bigger. JC has always felt like a 6th man but the team really doesn't have a guy to start if that is the case.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Trade Lou for a defensive minded SG/SF that isn't the deer in headlights that AB is proving to be. Solves most everything. JC is really a tweener and I think they prefer Lou with DLo since DLo is a bit bigger. JC has always felt like a 6th man but the team really doesn't have a guy to start if that is the case.
Sounds good until you try to make reality out of hypotheticals.

I'd love to trade Lou for a 3&D 2/3 but good luck finding another team that would trade a 3&D 2/3 for Lou.
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject:

Start Nance over Randle. Let Randle do his wild man style with the second unit

to me its important to get off to a good start:

Mozgov, Nance, Deng, Russell & Lou

Black, Randle, Ingram, Clarkson & young

does not really matter its going to take years before we are any good
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject:

T-Rob has made strong case for making the team. He's a battler, rebounder, he hustles and defends.
It's going to be a tough call either way.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

smoothazsilk wrote:

Swap Lou & Young onto the other squad and you'd be onto something.
Lou gives up way to much on the defensive end to be starting - especially against the better SG's, the ball sticks with him, and he's not very good at getting the ball to others where they can score.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject:

Lou isn't a rhythm player who needs set playing time to score. I'd say swap him with swaggy (I can't believe I'm advocating this but being 100 here) and use Lou in situational bench scoring. Might only get 14-16 mpg but he can still drop points in a hurry. If anything I feel he's worse per minute as he plays more.

He's like a relief pitcher of set up man being a starting pitcher right now. Bad.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject:

smoothazsilk wrote:

With one shot creator (DLO) you wouldn't be getting off to good starts with that unit. Plus with Nance and Mosgov, you would be badly outrebounded.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

This could be the worst post of all time that I'm about to let happen so I'm apologizing now

But if you're looking for a prospect 2-guard, possibly obtainable, to start alongside Russell who has good size and some potential on defense still, I wonder if McDermott wouldn't be a bad choice. He's better than what he's shown in his two years because of injury/opportunity.

I ALREADY APOLOGIZED
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I'd start:

Russell
Clarkson
Deng
Nance
Black
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
This could be the worst post of all time that I'm about to let happen so I'm apologizing now

But if you're looking for a prospect 2-guard, possibly obtainable, to start alongside Russell who has good size and some potential on defense still, I wonder if McDermott wouldn't be a bad choice. He's better than what he's shown in his two years because of injury/opportunity.

I ALREADY APOLOGIZED

Not the worst post of all time, it is an idea that should require careful thought. We know the Lakers were high on him at the draft, I guess it would depend on the package.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
I'd start:

Russell
Clarkson
Deng
Nance
Black

Luke will likely start Russell, Lou, Deng, Randle and Mosgov. I know many want Young to start, but based on his history with the Lakers he is a better player off the bench than when starting.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I ALREADY APOLOGIZED

Not the worst post of all time, it is an idea that should require careful thought. We know the Lakers were high on him at the draft, I guess it would depend on the package.

I guess he's more of a 3/4, too. Doesn't he play the 2 every now and then? Honestly I don't really know. But I like the idea of it. Especially if he's a player who can possibly switch 2-4, that would work well in Luke's system, right?

What's interesting is that Lou could provide some highly needed three point shooting to a team completely barren of it. But if they're giving up one of their only other shooters, they're going to want a prospect back. They'd probably ask for Clarkson - not sure if we do that depending on what else comes in a deal like that. But they're also a little short at center.

What about Lou/Zubac for McBuckets? That's probably still not enough. Reading that, I want to shove a stake through my heart. Maybe something with LNJr, but in my heart, he stays on this team forever. But it's either that or a Clarkson deal. At that point, is it really worth it?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I ALREADY APOLOGIZED

I guess he's more of a 3/4, too. Doesn't he play the 2 every now and then? Honestly I don't really know. But I like the idea of it. Especially if he's a player who can possibly switch 2-4, that would work well in Luke's system, right?

What's interesting is that Lou could provide some highly needed three point shooting to a team completely barren of it. But if they're giving up one of their only other shooters, they're going to want a prospect back. They'd probably ask for Clarkson - not sure if we do that depending on what else comes in a deal like that. But they're also a little short at center.

What about Lou/Zubac for McBuckets? That's probably still not enough. Reading that, I want to shove a stake through my heart. Maybe something with LNJr, but in my heart, he stays on this team forever. But it's either that or a Clarkson deal. At that point, is it really worth it?

God no
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I ALREADY APOLOGIZED

God no

Already apologized!

In all seriousness, the two guard rotation at the starting and bench lineups really needs work. Might as well get weird
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I ALREADY APOLOGIZED

God no

Already apologized!

In all seriousness, the two guard rotation at the starting and bench lineups really needs work. Might as well get weird

Haha. I agree but McDermott is not the answer to any question I want to ask.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I ALREADY APOLOGIZED

God no

Already apologized!

That, I have to disagree with, because I think McDermott is a lot better than what we've seen. He was injured a good part of his rookie season, started to play some good minutes last year. Per 36, he scored a little over 14 a game last year on efficient shooting. And even then, he didn't play a ton of minutes. He's a good shooter at 6'8" and can switch 2-4. How is he a bad fit in Luke's system? Ignoring ridiculous trade proposals. And he'd be on the same timeline as the core players.

I could be getting a little off-track to the main topic here. I really think the Lakers need to make a trade to fix this starting 5. Clarkson's an effective stop-gap in the meanwhile. Laker players will start to die if Lou keeps starting.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I ALREADY APOLOGIZED

God no

Already apologized!

That is why I would like to see the team interested in Reddick this offseason, he could play that shooters role on the team.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject:

^^ I really like Reddick. But I'm not sure if the team can actually pry him away from the Clippers. Hoping for a Clippers mass meltdown this offseason and Blake leaves.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject:

I kind of want to see Luke roll out a lineup of

DLo
Lou
Nick
Deng
Moz

Feel like we haven't seen Deng at the 4 too much. Would like to see how that would play out. I feel like he has a better post game and makes better decisions from the low block. Seems like the Deng/Randle/Moz front court is pretty clunky right now.

Would like to see;

Jose/JC/Randle/Nance/Black

run also. Feel like that would be a lineup that would maximize Julius as that'll present more transition opportunities for him. Nance and Black can also play further away from the basket giving Julius room to operate in half court sets too.

Ingram I would also like to see in the starting lineup dependant on matchups and size need, so the first scenario over Lou would be interesting or at SF and slide Nick to SG. In the second lineup he could fill in for Nance or we can try to slide JC to PG and Ingram at 2.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

That, I have to disagree with, because I think McDermott is a lot better than what we've seen. He was injured a good part of his rookie season, started to play some good minutes last year. Per 36, he scored a little over 14 a game last year on efficient shooting. And even then, he didn't play a ton of minutes. He's a good shooter at 6'8" and can switch 2-4. How is he a bad fit in Luke's system? Ignoring ridiculous trade proposals. And he'd be on the same timeline as the core players.

I could be getting a little off-track to the main topic here. I really think the Lakers need to make a trade to fix this starting 5. Clarkson's an effective stop-gap in the meanwhile. Laker players will start to die if Lou keeps starting.

I admit I haven't watched too much Bulls, but from what I have, McDermott has to be one of the worst defenders in the league. Does he do anything but shoot well?

Anyways, as you noted, it's a moot point because he's one of Chicago's only shooters. They wouldn't trade him unless it's a clearly lopsided trade (like trading Clarkson for him)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
^^ I really like Reddick. But I'm not sure if the team can actually pry him away from the Clippers. Hoping for a Clippers mass meltdown this offseason and Blake leaves.

Not sure how he'll age bc he always seems to have some kind of injury by the end of the year. It's probably the residue of battling as an undersized and poor athletic player. Just smarts and grit coupled with a deadly jumper.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: