NBA Chat with Larry Coon 10/13/2016

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: NBA Chat with Larry Coon 10/13/2016

NBA Chat with Larry Coon 10/13/2016

Quote:
Larry Coon the noted author of the CBAFAQ, will answer your Salary Cap and Collective Bargaining Agreement questions. Larry will answers your questions about the Salary Cap, NBA trades and the CBA at 3:00 p.m. ET.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/chat/nba-chat-with-larry-coon-10132016/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Larry!! Dangit I didn't know about this

Would have asked him if he forsees another strike coming up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject:

From what I have read at various places across the internet, the negotiations have been going reasonably well and no strike is expected (at this point in time).

The negotiations for a new CBA were brought up in the Q&A at the link above.

Quote:

Steve
Do you see any potential holdups in the CBA negotiations? What are the big issues the players want and want are the big issues the owners want?

Larry Coon
I’m VERY encouraged that the word coming out of the negotiations so far has been good. I had reason for cautious optimism as early as last October (based on a conversation I had on the night of the season opener), and this was reinforced by conversations I had in July at Summer League. The recent releases from ESPN and the Vertical are consistent with what I’ve been hearing, and it sounds to me like they’re continuing to make progress.

ANYTHING has the potential to be a holdup, however, so I would advise continuing with cautious optimism.

One thing that I think is working in everyone’s favor is the sheer amount of money being dumped into the league. Right now, we’re in a situation where no one wants to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. That wasn’t the case in 2011 — back then, the league was prepared to cancel the season entirely, rather than continuing to do business in a system they viewed as broken an unsustainable. The first and biggest issue is always the split of revenue, and if they’re in the same ballpark on that, the rest can fall into place.

It’s also great that they’re not under the gun right now, so hopefully they can take time to think some of the system changes through. In 2011 there was no time to do that. Of course, the flip side to this is that when they’re not under the gun, there’s also not the same sense of urgency.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject:

thanks Bard!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject:

Dangit, I shoulda tuned in...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject:

bahaha thanks for sticking around here LC
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

For those interested in the NBA - Union negotiations, this is a nice read.

It's early -- very early -- but signs encouraging in NBA labor talks
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: