Preseason game #5: Sacramento Kings @ LA Lakers - 10-13-16 - 7.30 PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Luke is playing favorites and most are vets. He's acting a bit like Byron as far as lineups. Zubac should be playing more minutes and Clarkson should be starting.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject:

I hope Luke doesn't have a man crush on Randle just cause he can rebound and dribble the ball up the court. Dude has to come off the bench. I know its preseason but i hope Luke already knows this and we see Nance starting sometime in the first quarter of the season. Randle is in his second year basically so im still hoping he grows into a good player but he can grow coming off the bench for now
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Luke is playing favorites and most are vets. He's acting a bit like Byron as far as lineups. Zubac should be playing more minutes and Clarkson should be starting.

lol
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Hey it's only pre-season but we've got a lot of work to do.

Patience is definitely the key.

Fact of the matter, as this team is currently constructed, we're a few years away from being a really good team.
However I do believe that we have the right coach to turn things around in time.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

The reason Clarkson isn't starting is because a Calderon/Huertas Lou lineup would be absolutely horrible. It's more because of Lou's game than it is about Clarkson's. On value alone and if we had a viable backup, Clarkson would definitely start.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject:

they giving jc that inside the nba interview
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shortodom wrote:
I hope Luke doesn't have a man crush on Randle just cause he can rebound and dribble the ball up the court. Dude has to come off the bench. I know its preseason but i hope Luke already knows this and we see Nance starting sometime in the first quarter of the season. Randle is in his second year basically so im still hoping he grows into a good player but he can grow coming off the bench for now

But Nance was awful today and has been pretty bad the last 4.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

shortodom wrote:

Nance stunk it up tonight. Overall Randle has outplayed him during the preseason. I don't know why people keep proposing this as if Nance has been out there tearing it up. He hasn't been.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
they giving jc that inside the nba interview

Lol him and Swaggy
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lottery bound is Luke continues into the regular season with Lou Williams starting and playing heavy minutes.

This team is lottery bound no matter what unless Luke can bring back BI and DLo from three years in the future.

should have been more clear....keeping the pick

I'm...I'm cool with that. Put a 2017 top-3 pick and a 2019 1st and the Lakers own the NBA from 2022 on.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Luke is playing favorites and most are vets.

I will say this....I am not 100% sure Luke is not being a little stubborn with the Lou in the starting lineup move. Just sayin, he was like "there will changes to the starting lineup throughout the preseason"....and collectively across NBA fandom, Lou over Clarkson was questioned and ridiculed. There have basically been no voluntary changes to starting lineup since then.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject:

prefuse1 wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
I would not mind if Randle got traded. He is not all that. I don't think he will ever be a good shooter.

Randle has to be Draymond for him to be any good? What do you want from the guy? He has improved since last year from what I've seen, is a good team mate and seems to want to learn. He averaged a double double last year and will again this year.

Randle is fine....we have a good young core that'll need 2-3 together to grow. Now trading Lou or Swaggy sounds more like it.

That seems like an awfully low bar you've set for Randle.

He didn't set any bar.

Sure he did. When you say, "What do you want from the guy?" and then follow it up with "He has improved since last year from what I've seen, is a good team mate and seems to want to learn. He averaged a double double last year and will again this year." The bar he set is a slight improvement over last year is good enough. Why not expect him to make the same leap in production that DLO and Clarkson have? I like Randle but, he was the most highly thought of prospect out of DLO, Clarkson and himself so he should be operating on a similar level to those two. Thus far he still seems like a low efficiency, for his position, player who still treats his right hand like he lost it in a farming accident. Whatever though, the games don't count yet and it's possible he's still figuring out the wrinkles to exploit in the offense. That said he's behind DLO and Clarkson but a significant margin at this point and that shouldn't be the case.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
I would not mind if Randle got traded. He is not all that. I don't think he will ever be a good shooter.

Randle has to be Draymond for him to be any good? What do you want from the guy? He has improved since last year from what I've seen, is a good team mate and seems to want to learn. He averaged a double double last year and will again this year.

Randle is fine....we have a good young core that'll need 2-3 together to grow. Now trading Lou or Swaggy sounds more like it.

He didn't set any bar.

Sure he did. When you say, "What do you want from the guy?" and then follow it up with "He has improved since last year from what I've seen, is a good team mate and seems to want to learn. He averaged a double double last year and will again this year." The bar he set is a slight improvement over last year is good enough. Why not expect him to make the same leap in production that DLO and Clarkson have? I like Randle but, he was the most highly thought of prospect out of DLO, Clarkson and himself so he should be operating on a similar level to those two. Thus far he still seems like a low efficiency, for his position, player who still treats his right hand like he lost it in a farming accident. Whatever though, the games don't count yet and it's possible he's still figuring out the wrinkles to exploit in the offense. That said he's behind DLO and Clarkson but a significant margin at this point and that shouldn't be the case.

Dude, he's been pretty damn efficient even with a poor first game and a poor shooting game tonight. I'm sure someone will have his FG%, TS%, and ATO stats available soon to show how solidly efficient he has been so far (caveat: preseason).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Not sure what the reason is or if people noticed.. but Deng has been on the bench for the 2nd half the last 2 games not sure if he has stamina issues but I hope this is just a precautionary situation.
prefuse1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:

He didn't set any bar.

Due to him not complaining and having dumb expectations, that defines that the bar is set? Know your phrases and understand it.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:

He didn't set any bar.

DLO just put up 31 and 11. Who has done that so far? Idk myself, I haven't payed attention to other teams. What we've seen from Randle, however, is a slight, but noticeable improvement. He's been slightly and slighty+ better at almost every single part of his game this year. He's going to improve all year. I don't see a lot of evidence that he won't.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I will say this....I am not 100% sure Luke is not being a little stubborn with the Lou in the starting lineup move. Just sayin, he was like "there will changes to the starting lineup throughout the preseason"....and collectively across NBA fandom, Lou over Clarkson was questioned and ridiculed. There have basically been no voluntary changes to starting lineup since then.
I'm getting a bad vibe from Luke and it's only preseason. Good x's and O's coach but as far as personality and connecting with the young players.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:

He didn't set any bar.

Dude, he's been pretty damn efficient even with a poor first game and a poor shooting game tonight. I'm sure someone will have his FG%, TS%, and ATO stats available soon to show how solidly efficient he has been so far (caveat: preseason).

We'll see. I'm still waiting on that jumper he worked on and that supposed three point shot he has now. I'm also looking for Nance's three point shot as well now that I think about it. I'm just skeptical that Randle is anything more than a good, to great, role player. I'm not even seeing flashes of what you'd call a star.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Now I understand why Vegas thinks Lakers will only win 25 games this season. I hope Luke can make miracles with all these young prospects and prove the doubters wrong.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I'm getting a bad vibe from Luke and it's only preseason. Good x's and O's coach but as far as personality and connecting with the young players.

Laugh out loud.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Now I understand why Vegas thinks Lakers will only win 25 games this season. I hope Luke can make miracles with all these young prospects and prove the doubters wrong.

Seriously?

What can you take out of preseason besides players getting in basketball condition? oh wait.. Oklahoma is 1-3, they must be panicking.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:

He didn't set any bar.

We'll see. I'm still waiting on that jumper he worked on and that supposed three point shot he has now. I'm also looking for Nance's three point shot as well now that I think about it. I'm just skeptical that Randle is anything more than a good, to great, role player. I'm not even seeing flashes of what you'd call a star.

If new jumpers grew on trees, every NBA player would shoot 50/40/90 after one summer of work (plucking jumpers from trees).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Sure it would be nice if any team was playing well in preseason and of course getting wins is nice and Important but I'm not gonna cry about it.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:

He didn't set any bar.

Randle was not more highly touted than Russell.

Randle improving on last year is fine. He can add some assists without increasing turnovers, increase his efficiency in scoring, and play offball (both offense and defense), and his "production" would stay constant but he'd be way better.

Baby steps. Last year, Randle only was a good rebounder. This year, he's been decently efficient scoring the ball and he's really starting to get comfortable in transition. We aren't the Warriors; if he loses us some games while developing, that's fine.

If he hadn't shown improvement, I'd agree with you, but he has so I'm willing to be patient.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:

He didn't set any bar.

Who ever said he was gonna be a star? I don't know if anybody ever projected him to be a franchise player, hell at the time he was drafted I thought the FO screwed up by not taking Vonleh (my bad on that)

Solid starter, good rebounder, good at pushing the ball, can score some and have some big nights here and there. That's gonna be Randle. He's good, he's a C+ player right now heading for a career of being a B/B+ player.

If you want to ship out every player on our team not capable of being a "star", then our entire roster would be DLO and Ingram.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31
Jump to: