Someone at a Cleveland Chipotle thought the Raptors' Patrick Patterson was LeBron James

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Someone at a Cleveland Chipotle thought the Raptors' Patrick Patterson was LeBron James

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/10/13/13268404/nba-video-raptors-patrick-patterson-lebron-james-chipotle-mistaken-identity

Quote:
Someone at a Cleveland Chipotle thought the Raptors' Patrick Patterson was LeBron James

The Raptors’ Patrick Patterson, who’s in Cleveland for Thursday’s preseason game against the Cavaliers, had a small case of mistaken identity Wednesday night. Apparently, a Cleveland resident thought Patterson was LeBron James, which is weird. You’d think everyone in Ohio would know what James looks like. So, here’s Patterson recounting his story on Snapchat, complete with its wacky filters:

Follow
Alysha Tsuji ✔ @AlyshaTsuji
Raptors forward Patrick Patterson's story about how someone thought he was LeBron at a Chipotle IN CLEVELAND 😂

SC: pat_patterson
1:19 AM - 13 Oct 2016
108 108 Retweets 93 93 likes
So check this out. I'm in Chipotle, right? I'm waiting in line, and the people start, like, mumbling and talking and (bleep) as they lookin' at me. I finally get to the end of the line, and this woman goes like, "Are you LeBron James?"

Alright, so first thought in my head is to be like, "Yeah, I'm LeBron." You know, get some free food. Free Chipotle. Y'know? But then I'm like, "Woman, you live in Cleveland, so ... you should know what LeBron James looks like, right?"

So I'm like, "No, I'm not LeBron James. I'm not from here. I don't live in Cleveland. I don't play for Cleveland." And then this girl from the side decides to chime in and be like, "I told you so! He too skinny! He too small to be LeBron!"

I mean, I ain't think I was that skinny, you know? I work out a little bit. You know, I'm taller than the average Joe. But (bleep)! The disrespect!
OK, so obviously Patrick Patterson is not LeBron James — they don’t even look alike:

My only guess as to why the woman thought Patterson was LeBron is they have the same haircut and beard. That’s pretty much it. And from a distance, the mix-up is even more probable. But again, LeBron James has such a famous face, the fact that it happened is still baffling.

Anyway, props to Patterson for being honest and not pretending to be James, despite getting his feelings hurt and losing an opportunity to get free Chipotle. Probably would’ve been worth it to get the free Chipotle, though.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Hard to see how this happened. Patterson's less douchey.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: