Preseason game #6: Golden State Warriors @ LA Lakers - 10-15-16 - 7:00 PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
good game for ingram, swag and nance i guess. at least didnt lose by thirty. on to the next one

something is wrong with Nance....don't mean the stats, just nowhere near energy in SL and first couple games in preseason....maybe a nagging injury? personal issues?
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Finally Ingram tried to take over there. Don't be passive next time.

He's way too talented to play passive like he did the last 3 minutes.

Exactly. He's a lion in sheeps clothing. Luke needs to tell him very few players are capable of stopping him.

Also exactly.

Notice how in that drive it took him literally 2 steps to get from the 3 point line to the bucket there?

The kid has ridiculously long legs and has that sneaky quickness when he gets aggressive. And notice how nobody could stop him? While he didn't make a good finish there, other times he will either get fouled or get a good look inside the basket for the layup.

Ingram is very physically gifted and he might not even realize that yet. Once he figures how unstoppable he really is when he decides to turn it on, he'll be unguardable.

He tried to shoot a layup...he's got the height and length - if he'd tried to throw it down on them, he might have done better...
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
tnell wrote:
BI gotta work on controlling the ball better when he's attacking

He controlled the ball fine. Just bad finish.

Don't really care though. I just liked that he at least tried to be aggressive for once. He's way too skilled to be passive like he was the last 3 minutes.

He's lost handle if the ball a few times on drives this preseason
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
good game for ingram, swag and nance i guess. at least didnt lose by thirty. on to the next one

something is wrong with Nance....don't mean the stats, just nowhere near energy in SL and first couple games in preseason....maybe a nagging injury? personal issues?

Someone speculated last game maybe he's having a Crohn's flare up?

I obviously have no idea, but I agree he's looked a tad out of sorts (although I thought he looked better tonight).
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Ingram doesn't haven't the strength right now. He'll get there, but right now his shying away from things is more due to him being legit bullied out there than anything else. Once he adjust to the physicality of the game he'll be ok.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Not much to take away from this game. The Warriors are that good. Only an injury will stop them from winning it all.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Not much to take away from this game. The Warriors are that good. Only an injury will stop them from winning it all.

Just like last year...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

I obviously have no idea, but I agree he's looked a tad out of sorts (although I thought he looked better tonight).

didn't even think of that...hope thats not the case, but even if it is not, I have known people that live with that disease, and I honestly have no earthly idea how he plays professional basketball at a high level with it. It is not a minor thing to live with from what I have seen.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

That was a good old fashioned ass whooping. The final score looked respectable, but we got steamrolled in the first quarter.

Not much positive to say...

I want Huertas gone. Arguably the worst point guard in the league. I have no idea why we kept him. GTFO.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Gsw is on a whole different level today. But we shall see.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

didn't even think of that...hope thats not the case, but even if it is not, I have known people that live with that disease, and I honestly have no earthly idea how he plays professional basketball at a high level with it. It is not a minor thing to live with from what I have seen.

that (bleep) puts people on disability, so I don't think it's his crohn's flaring. clear signs of a flare would be weight loss, malaise, etc. he's taking a strong medicine to control it so there's a greater likelihood that some side-effect is manifesting.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Just left the game. Golden State could have beat us by 60. Even their reserves are ballers. 1st half was the Klay and KD show. They coasted in the 2nd half.

This is good experience for our young squad.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Just left the game. Golden State could have beat us by 60. Even their reserves are ballers. 1st half was the Klay and KD show. They coasted in the 2nd half.

I hope you had a good time.

I don't even care about what the Warriors are accomplishing, If they are showing off in the preseason, I'm more then willing to see them lose energy when they go on there 82- game schedule.

They are gonna lose alot of stamina and energy just trying to blow teams out all year long.

The Lakers are gonna be a good team this year I can't wait to see them come together.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

I don't even care about what the Warriors are accomplishing, If they are showing off in the preseason, I'm more then willing to see them lose energy when they go on there 82- game schedule.

They are gonna lose alot of stamina and energy just playing trying to blow teams out all year long.

The Lakers are gonna be a good team this year I can't wait to see them come together.

I had a great time. Hated seeing our Lakers get beat down, but I'm glad they are getting invaluable experience that will help them grow. T-mobile Arena is really nice. Vegas will get a team in the near future. I'm sure of it.

None of their starters played more than 2 quarters. They are deeeeep, more athletic than last year and it seemed like all of their guards can stroke it from anywhere.

No Draymond. No Iggy. No D West. I even saw Javelle McGee dunking on our players with ease. I'd be shocked if Bron repeated. The Dubs are stacked.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

They are gonna lose alot of stamina and energy just playing trying to blow teams out all year long.

I had a great time. Hated seeing our Lakers get beat down, but I'm glad they are getting invaluable experience that will help them grow. T-mobile Arena is really nice. Vegas will get a team in the near future. I'm sure of it.

None of their starters played more than 2 quarters. They are deeeeep, more athletic than last year and it seemed like all of their guards can stroke it from anywhere.

No Draymond. No Iggy. No D West. I even saw Javelle McGee dunking on our players with ease. I'd be shocked if Bron repeated. The Dubs are stacked.

Let them have there fun, Luke will give them a battle when we play them 3 times in November.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

Considering they have an NHL expansion team that will play there and still have nights where it will be dark, I'm sure the opportunity will be tempting to move an NBA team from a smaller market that needs a new arena. Plus they are going hard after an NFL team so I can see them having 3 pro sports team in the future: NHL, NFL, NBA.
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

Let them have there fun, Luke will give them a battle when we play them 3 times in November.

your kidding right?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject:

Curry-Klay-KD... wow, might be better than LeBron-Wade-Bosh
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject:

smoothazsilk wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

your kidding right?

I'm just being positive.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

that (bleep) puts people on disability, so I don't think it's his crohn's flaring. clear signs of a flare would be weight loss, malaise, etc. he's taking a strong medicine to control it so there's a greater likelihood that some side-effect is manifesting.

Nance is a beast: https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/Larry-Nance-Jr-talks-Crohns-Randle-Lakers-396346551.html%3famp=y?client=safari

So hopefully he's OK

So I'm watching the beginning of last nights game and the Warriors… Wow…
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject:

The lead was like 30 with about 1 quarter to go. These guys have been absolutely destroying opponents in garbage time. 25-30 point turnarounds against the Kings, Nuggets, and Warriors.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject:

Watching GSW last night, it's just unprecedented that an MVP would join a team that good. I don't think it really hit me until last night. KD could have just put on a giraffe costume and ran around aimlessly out there and it still would've been a blowout.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Watching GSW last night, it's just unprecedented that an MVP would join a team that good. I don't think it really hit me until last night. KD could have just put on a giraffe costume and ran around aimlessly out there and it still would've been a blowout.

I would have thoroughly enjoyed that!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

Lakers will stop there wrath when we start to get it all together, The Warriors don't scare me if there 3 ball doesn't fall they are gonna have a chance to lose games.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Lakers will stop there wrath when we start to get it all together, The Warriors don't scare me if there 3 ball doesn't fall they are gonna have a chance to lose games.

They are more than a 3PT team. Did you see all the open looks at the rim they had? They move exceptionally well without the ball. Clean, decisive cuts all while the ball is moving side to side. We picked the right era to rebuild because they're going to be contenders for at least another 4 or 5 years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33
Jump to: