One week until final rosters set. Any useful players released?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject:

James Young has made the Celtics 15-man roster. So I guess that means they're waiving R.J. Hunter.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject:

Hmm. GP2, Hunter, Bentil. Some interesting sloppy seconds.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hmm. GP2, Hunter, Bentil. Some interesting sloppy seconds.

Bentil signed with the Pacers today
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 4m4 minutes ago
Sources: With Young winning job, Boston wasn't able to unload RJ Hunter for a second-round pick. Celtics had to waive Hunter today.
0 replies 117 retweets 62 likes

Good luck to the kid.

Ceptics wanted a second round pick for him but now have to waive him for nothing in return.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA
Rookie Tim Quarterman has won 15th spot on Portland, league source tells @TheVertical.

Portland releasing Grant Jerrett and Greg Stiemsma.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject:

[nvm]

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Sources: With Young winning job, Boston wasn't able to unload RJ Hunter for a second-round pick. Celtics had to waive Hunter today.

Good luck to the kid.

Ceptics wanted a second round pick for him but now have to waive him for nothing in return.

Story of their life. How's that stash and flip strategy working out for ya, Danny boy?
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Good luck to the kid.

Story of their life. How's that stash and flip strategy working out for ya, Danny boy?

Lol he was basically trying to give both guys away the other day. Think he's going to be in the same predicament in a few years with the class he drafted this year.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject:

So Danny Boy wasted a 1st round and a 2nd round pick in consecutive drafts. Too bad he has no choice but to hit big on at least of those Nets picks
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Good luck to the kid.

Lol he was basically trying to give both guys away the other day. Think he's going to be in the same predicament in a few years with the class he drafted this year.

They had something like 20 picks in the draft and probably only one will pan out to be any good (J.Brown) if they truly are lucky.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Good luck to the kid.

Yeah, 2nd rd pick is too high for him. He's not worth more than a 3rd rd pick..... (sarcasm)
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

Keep Robinson but drop Metta, Yi and Brown and pick up Hunter or GP2. Either of those guys have more potential than Brown.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject:

The new CBA looks like it will increase contract roster spots on each team to 16 or 17, which would help a lot of the fringe young players out there, and help build up teams' D-League rosters where they can actually focus on player development without having to worry about such constant roster turnover.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

if we can't pick anybody up and it's really between TRob and Metta, I'd say keep Metta. What are we doing? Developing TRob? C'mon... at least Metta has a value as a coach
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
if we can't pick anybody up and it's really between TRob and Metta, I'd say keep Metta. What are we doing? Developing TRob? C'mon... at least Metta has a value as a coach

Huh? Sure DFish would like a roster spot if we are giving them out to coaches...or go big, and offer Popavich the 3rd string SG slot.....he would be as helpful on the court as Metta
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Or cut both.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Huh? Sure DFish would like a roster spot if we are giving them out to coaches...or go big, and offer Popavich the 3rd string SG slot.....he would be as helpful on the court as Metta

Huh? as well Where did DFish or Pop enter this convo? When exactly is TRob going to play since he will be on the inactive list most of the time? It's not like he's some wiley vet dishing out the wisdom or providing crunch playing time. Metta's not going to play, he would be inactive most of the time. It has been implied Metta will try to play somewhere like China for his final paycheck if he doesn't make the team so we lose him as coach and if we're gonna pay one of these guys to fill a spot anyway... why not Metta?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Or cut both.

I'd be down with that but they keep talking about Metta's influence on the younger guys including Julius. I assume... it's a positive influence... otherwise they wouldn't have even brought him to this training camp. I've got no strong feelings on either though, if they cut them both, nothing changes as far as court time anyway...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Huh? as well Where did DFish or Pop enter this convo? When exactly is TRob going to play since he will be on the inactive list most of the time? It's not like he's some wiley vet dishing out the wisdom or providing crunch playing time. Metta's not going to play, he would be inactive most of the time. It has been implied Metta will try to play somewhere like China for his final paycheck if he doesn't make the team so we lose him as coach and if we're gonna pay one of these guys to fill a spot anyway... why not Metta?

Maybe he can join Yi, we have enough coaches and enough vets. He already got a year on the roster when he he lacked the abilities to play in the NBA. TRob played well in the preseason, and could be useful during the season
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Or cut both.

ah yes, the 14 man roster that Jerry West used in the 80's & 90's knowing that any good player that was released would run the to Lakers....Mitch kept doing it for what could be similar reasons, but most likely because Jerry did it....and well, I am sure you have your own reasons right? not just something you read in a 1992 SI article and began to preach. There is just really not reason to leave a roster slot open unless your give a crap about the Buss kids Merrill Lynch accounts, which I dont.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject:

I just read that today is RJ Hunter's birthday too. Damn, lol.

I sound like a broken record, but I like his game and his fit. We'd have to cut two people though to fit him in.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:

I sound like a broken record, but I like his game and his fit. We'd have to cut two people though to fit him in.

Someone will claim him off waivers.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Maybe he can join Yi, we have enough coaches and enough vets. He already got a year on the roster when he he lacked the abilities to play in the NBA. TRob played well in the preseason, and could be useful during the season

I guess it's just different viewpoints. I think you believe TRob "deserves" to be on the team because he put out max effort during camp? Hey, he may make the team, who knows what they're doing but "deserve" has nothing to do with staying in the NBA, the guy has had years to develop some kind of outside shot, now he's 25 or so... it's probably too late... just like there's 25,000 Eddie Van Halen's out there in their garages working like maniacs for something that will never happen, there's no "deserve" here. People told TRob to work on his game years ago and obviously, he didn't... now, here he is, trying to make the roster so he can be inactive 90% of the time...
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Cochese wrote:

Is there a reason that we can't be that someone?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Cochese wrote:

Is there a reason that we can't be that someone?

There's a waiver claim order, and we're not high on it. Has to do with cap space and roster spots (which we still have 15 right now).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: