This Weeks Incident: 66yo Schizophrenic Woman Dispatched (The rest of the story has Become a Cliche at this point)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: This Weeks Incident: 66yo Schizophrenic Woman Dispatched (The rest of the story has Become a Cliche at this point)

Quote:
Authorities in New York said a police sergeant who responded to a call Tuesday night about an “emotionally disturbed person” and fatally shot a 66-year-old woman wielding a baseball bat did not properly follow his training.

Police said they were investigating the shooting, which occurred in the Bronx apartment of Deborah Danner, a woman who authorities said was known to officers after previous calls regarding her mental illness. They were also seeking to determine why the officer fired his gun rather than his Taser.

New York Police Commissioner James O’Neill said Wednesday morning that “we failed” and he wanted to know why.

O’Neill said that while the department has protocols governing such calls, “it looks like some of those procedures weren’t followed.” He pledged that police and prosecutors would investigate the shooting to “figure out what went wrong.”

When sergeant went inside at about 6:15 p.m., Danner was holding scissors, Nikunen said. The sergeant talked with her and persuaded her to put the scissors down, but she then picked up a baseball bat and tried to hit him, prompting him to fire two shots at her torso. The sergeant was armed with a Taser, it was not deployed, and the reason it was not deployed will be part of the investigation and review.

Police Afraid of Elderly Woman
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject:

I'm more afraid of police officers than gang members. At least if a gang member attacks me unprovoked then I'll have the option of defending myself and a slim chance of living. If a police officer attacks me unprovoked there's nothing I can do to save myself. Either I end up dead or in jail where I wish I was dead.

It's not the training that's faulty. It's the type of people they hire: hyper aggressive bullies without empathy. What makes it worse is their union and everyone associated with them from the DA's to the judges are ok with them murdering people without just cause or ruining their lives. It's a sick twisted system. These stories will never stop and unfortunately it might be your family member next time.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
I'm more afraid of police officers than gang members. At least if a gang member attacks me unprovoked then I'll have the option of defending myself and a slim chance of living. If a police officer attacks me unprovoked there's nothing I can do to save myself. Either I end up dead or in jail where I wish I was dead.

It's not the training that's faulty. It's the type of people they hire: hyper aggressive bullies without empathy. What makes it worse is their union and everyone associated with them from the DA's to the judges are ok with them murdering people without just cause or ruining their lives. It's a sick twisted system. These stories will never stop and unfortunately it might be your family member next time.

Couldn't agree more.

What makes it even worse is that power is on full display for everyone to see, that's going to attract the worst of the worst.

If you're a psychopath and just want to be able to murder, assault and get away with it, join your local police force. That's the message that's being sent.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:

Unfortunately, police forces are more and more showing the propensity to BE gangs. Enforcing their authority over their territory with force, silencing or beating opponents, covering for each other in court.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: This Weeks Incident: 66yo Schizophrenic Woman Dispatched (The rest of the story has Become a Cliche at this point)

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
Authorities in New York said a police sergeant who responded to a call Tuesday night about an “emotionally disturbed person” and fatally shot a 66-year-old woman wielding a baseball bat did not properly follow his training.

Police said they were investigating the shooting, which occurred in the Bronx apartment of Deborah Danner, a woman who authorities said was known to officers after previous calls regarding her mental illness. They were also seeking to determine why the officer fired his gun rather than his Taser.

New York Police Commissioner James O’Neill said Wednesday morning that “we failed” and he wanted to know why.

O’Neill said that while the department has protocols governing such calls, “it looks like some of those procedures weren’t followed.” He pledged that police and prosecutors would investigate the shooting to “figure out what went wrong.”

When sergeant went inside at about 6:15 p.m., Danner was holding scissors, Nikunen said. The sergeant talked with her and persuaded her to put the scissors down, but she then picked up a baseball bat and tried to hit him, prompting him to fire two shots at her torso. The sergeant was armed with a Taser, it was not deployed, and the reason it was not deployed will be part of the investigation and review.

Police Afraid of Elderly Woman

hold on. so let me get this straight. a trained sarg. couldn't move away from the old lady swinging the bat. then grab her arms and the bat and call it a night? shakes head.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: This Weeks Incident: 66yo Schizophrenic Woman Dispatched (The rest of the story has Become a Cliche at this point)

Aussiesuede wrote:
but she then picked up a baseball bat

How 'bout them cubbies?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: This Weeks Incident: 66yo Schizophrenic Woman Dispatched (The rest of the story has Become a Cliche at this point)

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
but she then picked up a baseball bat

How 'bout them cubbies?

Ugh. This happened on Tues. She missed Gm 7.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Raijin wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

What makes it even worse is that power is on full display for everyone to see, that's going to attract the worst of the worst.

If you're a psychopath and just want to be able to murder, assault and get away with it, join your local police force. That's the message that's being sent.

There are certain occupations that attract certain types of people. That's just the truth. The police simply mirrors the Catholic church 'Pedo-Priest' model, where the worst amongst them gets fiercely shielded from accountability for the sake of protecting the institution. But in protecting the institution, the Catholic church created a situation where the priesthood became a sanctuary for pedos. They didn't have to get married, give the illusion of a family, and they didn't even have to go hunting for victims. We have a culture in Law Enforcement where people can exercise whatever proclivities they have (this isn't new, KKK members were often LEOs by day) with no accountability. You can kill a man on camera and not even get indicted.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject:

Well.... I don't know the full story but...I've been working at a mental hospital with I'd say 80% schizophrenics...and when they are off their meds they can be very combative. There is no reasoning with them other than taking them down and restraining them. Cops should've done a better job. Cops don't understand that individuals with mental illness will not stop just because they see a gun pointed at them, they will continue because their minds are so distorted. It really is a mental disease.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: