Randle sucks!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
This is my cue to defend him, but after today's performance, I don't really want to.

FWIW, I thought his on ball defense on the switches were quite good. Not really anything new, but still.

How I felt. His jumper seems like it's regressed from his rookie season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan2012 wrote:
I actually agree. Really dislike his style of play. He just plays dumb most of the time and honestly, I know it's early, but I don't see him changing that much in the future. He rebounds well but that's about it. Can't shoot, makes bone-headed decisions, ball stopper, average or below average defender, tries to handle the ball too much, etc...

He really has to change a ton of things if he wants to be a real impact player. Unfortunately, I just see him as too stubborn and prideful to do that.

You don't even know him, get that bull crap out of here. What has he done to show you he was too prideful? Change his game as the head coach has ashed so far? Incorporate starting the offense as Luje has asked him to? Let's hear it.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

jheren wrote:
Im not against Randle as a preson, but he is getting $$$ from Lakers, my Lakers! Our Lakers! I bet money on them, i cheer for them, i apologize for them, I argue for them, I spent ridiculous money on tickets so see these games in person, even summer games! I pay freakin cable to see their games at home even if I dont watch any other channel! I jst want wins! So tired of losing!!!

Not here to attack anyone personally! Just giving my opinion on Randle!

Btw good game by Ingram, hopefully learns from this game, he needs to be aggressive!

Part of me wants to be at least a little sympathetic about where you're coming from, but honestly, you're showing why it's not exactly the wisest thing to make a sports team the center of your life!!!! Support the team, watch the games, and enjoy it!!!! That's great! But it sounds like you need some more balance! Let the Lakers be a part of your life, but not your whole life!!!!!!!

Btw, you could've easily posted this in the Randle thread!!!!! Making this thread really wasn't necessary!!!!!!!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
tox wrote:
This is my cue to defend him, but after today's performance, I don't really want to.

FWIW, I thought his on ball defense on the switches were quite good. Not really anything new, but still.

How I felt. His jumper seems like it's regressed from his rookie season.

Yeah, I remember thinking it looked good in the Team USA select team footage, but maybe it was poor angle. Or maybe it's the speed of the game. It seems like whenever he makes a jumper, it's purely luck.

Not gonna write him off yet, though. The Warriors are going to make a lot of players look bad.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

jheren
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
jheren wrote:
Im not against Randle as a preson, but he is getting $$$ from Lakers, my Lakers! Our Lakers! I bet money on them, i cheer for them, i apologize for them, I argue for them, I spent ridiculous money on tickets so see these games in person, even summer games! I pay freakin cable to see their games at home even if I dont watch any other channel! I jst want wins! So tired of losing!!!

Not here to attack anyone personally! Just giving my opinion on Randle!

Btw good game by Ingram, hopefully learns from this game, he needs to be aggressive!

Part of me wants to be at least a little sympathetic about where you're coming from, but honestly, you're showing why it's not exactly the wisest thing to make a sports team the center of your life!!!! Support the team, watch the games, and enjoy it!!!! That's great! But it sounds like you need some more balance! Let the Lakers be a part of your life, but not your whole life!!!!!!!

Btw, you could've easily posted this in the Randle thread!!!!! Making this thread really wasn't necessary!!!!!!!

Lakers is not center of my life, LOL, i see how my post sounded, but dont get me wrong... I got kids, their my life! I have a career, i have a billion other things, and The Lakers are just Lakers man! But they bring us together! I miss the three peat and repeat era...
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

The same limitations Randle had on draft night, he still has. He's too short for the post. He's too small to defend bigs. And he's not a perimeter player either.

He's just a guy that does not have a place in the league on a good team. I think at his BEST, he could maybe be an energy guy off the bench. That's it.

The dude just doesn't check off enough boxes. The limitations he has, will always be there. And he's not skilled enough to overcome them. Wasted pick.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
The same limitations Randle had on draft night, he still has. He's too short for the post. He's too small to defend bigs. And he's not a perimeter player either.

He's just a guy that does not have a place in the league on a good team. I think at his BEST, he could maybe be an energy guy off the bench. That's it.

The dude just doesn't check off enough boxes. The limitations he has, will always be there. And he's not skilled enough to overcome them. Wasted pick.

Which you can blame Nick Young for having good games at the end of the 13-14 season that dropped us a few spots in the draft.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

You have to wonder why on a night when Russell was 5-13 with 7 turnovers, when Clarkson was 3-9, and when his counterpart (Nance) did not outplay him (10 points on 5-11, 3 rebounds, 2 steals) that it suddenly becomes Randle hating night. That's not to say people should be hating on any of those guys, but Randle seems to be taking the brunt of it.

He certainly didn't have a great game (12 points on 6-13 shooting, 5 rebounds, 1 steal in 23 mins), Golden State forced him into some tough shots and possessions, including some wild and ugly plays. That having been said he played decent defense though for the most part, showed a good effort. Yet here is the usual suspects crying a river about him. The rest of the starters other than Nick Young all had similarly bad games, but you don't see the same level of whining amongst fans.

Hell just yesterday people were complaining to just shoot jumpers despite that being against Luke Walton's wishes... but today he came out and shot several in the first quarter. Now there's complaints that he didn't make enough of them. So now suddenly according to the great minds at LG Randle doesn't have the place in the league on a good team, and at best he's an energy guy off the bench. Seriously? Making comparisons to Anthony Bennet for example when Randle doubled up Bennet's best season ever (in three seasons) as a rookie. That's clearly not a statement that should be taken seriously.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
You have to wonder why on a night when Russell was 5-13 with 7 turnovers, when Clarkson was 3-9, and when his counterpart (Nance) did not outplay him (10 points on 5-11, 3 rebounds, 2 steals) that it suddenly becomes Randle hating night. That's not to say people should be hating on any of those guys, but Randle seems to be taking the brunt of it.

He certainly didn't have a great game (12 points on 6-13 shooting, 5 rebounds, 1 steal in 23 mins), Golden State forced him into some tough shots and possessions, including some wild and ugly plays. That having been said he played decent defense though for the most part, showed a good effort. Yet here is the usual suspects crying a river about him. The rest of the starters other than Nick Young all had similarly bad games, but you don't see the same level of whining amongst fans.

Hell just yesterday people were complaining to just shoot jumpers despite that being against Luke Walton's wishes... but today he came out and shot several in the first quarter. Now there's complaints that he didn't make enough of them. So now suddenly according to the great minds at LG Randle doesn't have the place in the league on a good team, and at best he's an energy guy off the bench. Seriously? Making comparisons to Anthony Bennet for example when Randle doubled up Bennet's best season ever (in three seasons) as a rookie. That's clearly not a statement that should be taken seriously.

Putting up empty stats on an 17 win team means nothing. Literally nothing. You could switch Randle with Bennett last year, and give Bennett the minutes that Randle got, and he probably would put up similar numbers.

And in terms of jumpers - um yeah. If Julius Randle cant hit am 18 footer, what else can he do? He's terrible on defense. He can't post up on offense. He's not an outside shooter to spread the floor. What can he do?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:

Should have taken Lavine
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

Putting up empty stats on an 17 win team means nothing. Literally nothing. You could switch Randle with Bennett last year, and give Bennett the minutes that Randle got, and he probably would put up similar numbers.

And in terms of jumpers - um yeah. If Julius Randle cant hit am 18 footer, what else can he do? He's terrible on defense. He can't post up on offense. He's not an outside shooter to spread the floor. What can he do?

I'm all for hyperbole being used rhetorically to emphasize a point, but I have a feeling you actually believe this, which automatically invalidates your take.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

Should have taken Lavine

The problem is back then no one thought Lavine would be anything either because 11 teams missed on him, and neither Russell or Clarkson would here if Lavine was drafted.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:

Bennett's best season was on a 16 win Wolves team. The Cavs won 33 games in his rookie season. But hey maybe it was just that he didn't get enough opportunities, playing less minutes than Randle.

PER36 numbers:

Bennett's best season: 12 points, 8.7 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.1 steals, 0.6 blocks
Randle's rookie season: 14.5 points, 13.1 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 0.8 steals, 0.5 blocks

Now we know guys with low numbers of minutes have an advantage in PER36 comparisons because they can expend more energy per minute in shorter minutes. But even without taking that into account, that's a no contest. Now bear in mind that was Randle's rookie year vs. the best of three seasons for Bennett (his second season). Randle shot a higher percentage, scored more, was a good rebounder as opposed to a poor one, had more assists and similar defensive numbers. It's a poor comparison, period.

Quote:
If Julius Randle cant hit am 18 footer, what else can he do? He's terrible on defense. He can't post up on offense. He's not an outside shooter to spread the floor. What can he do?

First and foremost, it isn't as though Nance is killing it with his outside efficiency so far this preseason either, though we know both guys worked hard on it this Summer. Yet it's generally people who are pumping up Nance who are hyper-critical of Randle. Improving your jump shooting is a process that happens over years, not months. His defense is also improved. You repeated the outside shot thing twice to make it look like a larger list. He's also shown the ability to score in the post this preseason, though he didn't look good there tonight. But of course you left out his real strengths (penetration, passing, rebounding) and then said, "what can he do?"

Last edited by J.C. Smith on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject:

this is crazy lol.

randle has shown steady improvement. going up against a championship team against a pace he's NEVER seen before in a new style. this is what happens.

his game is predicated on using his speed/strength, so he's gonna look out of control at times.

can't be like d'lo who can get off a silky shot pretty much anytime.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

Should have taken Lavine

The problem is back then no one thought Lavine would be anything either because 11 teams missed on him, and neither Russell or Clarkson would here if Lavine was drafted.

That's because his college coach is an idiot and didn't know how to use him.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

I agree to a degree.
If Randle doesn't develop a jumper, he won't be a star
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I'll post my opinion in the Randle thread once I form one.
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject:

You know what I find pretty funny and sad. You get a bunch of forum people whining about JR and his abilities. Then you get things like this from Green.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-draymond-green-says-julius-randle-can-be-better-than-him/

And then the whole idea of trying to say you can replace Bennett with Randle, that is just an agenda at that point.

Is he star, no. But I would rather give him a year or two under Walton and his coaching before proclaiming anything. He has steadily improved every year, its just really sad how down people are on him (cool to have constructive criticism but it goes beyond that at times with JR.)
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject:

His name is Randall! Randall! Spell it right!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Randle has a long way to go, but more importantly... I can totally see this thread being so controversial and polarizing that it completely takes over the Official Julius Randle thread at some point in the near future.

But yeah. I like Randle, but he's far from good just yet.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
No jumpshot, no defense, poor feel for the game, 41% FG percentage last year as a Power Forward, bad length, injury prone.

Don't understand the hype about him other than that's he's a Laker and this is a Laker forum.

Did Linda Cohn type this for you?

What does Linda Cohn have to do with this?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike Breen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I wanted us to get Zach Lavine on draft night...our lineup would have been so sick with Dlo+Lavine and Clarkson off the bench. I wonder what Randle's trade value is now
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject:

I really want to stand up for Randle here too but he just didn't have another great game. He's still learning a new offense and I'm giving him this year though. In my eyes he's a second-year player. Hell, Vonleh's starting to play a lot better finally in his third season. Not every player is on the same timeline.

That being said, Luke would probably be able to fix his lineup in the short-term by starting Deng or Nance at 4 for some extra wins or closer games. But that's not Luke's philosophy this year, and that's giving up on Randle's potential too early, I think. Keep starting Randle and let's see what happens.

I'm slightly afraid his trade value dips if he doesn't pick it up. But if you don't start Randle, it will definitely lower. Another factor in play here. Not saying I want to trade him, but it's something to keep in mind.

greenfrog wrote:
One problem seems to be that he and Russell have zero chemistry together.

Real problem that could be fixable as a season progresses and hopefully they click. But this is noticeable. Darius Soriano's tweet about them having negative body language - not as a reflection of their personal relationship, but on-court chemistry - kind of backs this up. I think this is fixable with more time playing with each other.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: