Randle sucks!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject:

The real tragedy is that neither Randle nor Nance seems to have a game-ready jumpshot yet, despite how hard they worked on it over the summer. Things are so clunky on offense when either one of them is sharing the floor with one of our centers. Luke will need to go with more Deng at the 4 this year if he wants to run his offense at optimal efficiency. And then play Randle/Nance more at the 5 in small ball units, which they're probably better suited for offensively at this point in their development. The issue is that minutes are gonna be sparse at the 5 with Moz/Tarik, but that's what happens when you have so many big men that can't shoot for (bleep).

You can get away with having a center that can't shoot in this offense, but both big men? That's a recipe for failure.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
One problem seems to be that he and Russell have zero chemistry together.

Randle has found Russell quite a few times in transition opportunities (not this past game though). I do agree in the half court though. Julius botched a beautiful feed from DLO. Didn't even draw iron on the layup
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
The real tragedy is that neither Randle nor Nance seems to have a game-ready jumpshot yet, despite how hard they worked on it over the summer. Things are so clunky on offense when either one of them is sharing the floor with one of our centers. Luke will need to go with more Deng at the 4 this year if he wants to run his offense at optimal efficiency. And then play Randle/Nance more at the 5 in small ball units, which they're probably better suited for offensively at this point in their development. The issue is that minutes are gonna be sparse at the 5 with Moz/Tarik, but that's what happens when you have so many big men that can't shoot for (bleep).

I don't know about Nance's jump shot not looking great. Nance had a weird rough stretch in the middle of preseason outside of his jump shot, where it looked like he was hesitating on plays and was unusually lower energy. It didn't look like he played a ton of minutes in those stretches either. I think for all the praise Nance's shot got this offseason (MWP, Luke in interviews this summer) and what we saw in preseason, I think he just needs more looks and, also like Julius, time to learn the offense. Shot looked good last two games, too. It's possible he might just need to hit his rhythm.
PassTheBooze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject:

i wasn't high on him from the start tbh. hopefully he performs well in the regular season
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
One problem seems to be that he and Russell have zero chemistry together.

Randle has found Russell quite a few times in transition opportunities (not this past game though). I do agree in the half court though. Julius botched a beautiful feed from DLO. Didn't even draw iron on the layup

I've missed the last couple games so perhaps that comment was presumptuous. In this game the discord seemed high. At one point in the second quarter, after some confusion lead to a TO, it was almost like they were just taking turns running the offense ("You do your thing, I'll do mine"). Total streetball.

Last edited by greenfrog on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject:

The defense bothers me. The rest... i don't mind much.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Not the way to go about making this argument.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: