The Lakers: Just a Bunch of Random Pieces Right Now
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: The Lakers: Just a Bunch of Random Pieces Right Now

The great thing is the team seems to finally have some direction... The bad thing is that it's painfully obvious we are just a big ol pot of random ingredients... Ghetto Gumbo if you will...

The only players on this team who look like for sure trade stoppers are Ingram, Zubac, and maybe Russell. Russell really needs to be moved to shooting guard. If we can find a smart PG, this would make Russell untradeable because he'd instantly become a top five SG in my opinion.

Clarkson, Nick, and Lou are all the same player... Randle is Kwame levels of clueless...

Nonetheless... I love where we are headed... Still much work for Luke, Mitch, and Jim to do.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject:

This post is a strange mix of optimism and hot take analysis.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers: Just a Bunch of Random Pieces Right Now

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
The great thing is the team seems to finally have some direction... The bad thing is that it's painfully obvious we are just a big ol pot of random ingredients... Ghetto Gumbo if you will...

The only players on this team who look like for sure trade stoppers are Ingram, Zubac, and maybe Russell. Russell really needs to be moved to shooting guard. If we can find a smart PG, this would make Russell untradeable because he'd instantly become a top five SG in my opinion.

Clarkson, Nick, and Lou are all the same player... Randle is Kwame levels of clueless...

Nonetheless... I love where we are headed... Still much work for Luke, Mitch, and Jim to do.

No one on this roster looks like a trade stopper as of yet, but you're telling me that if the Kings offered Cousins, you'd be more likely to ship out Russell than Zubac? And how are Clarkson and Nick the same player exactly?

Lastly, the team is much less of a random collection of pieces than it has been since 2013.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers: Just a Bunch of Random Pieces Right Now

Lakers have two gold dust players according to Mitch. They also happen to have the "Jerry West seal of approval" tag not many players get. Everyone knows who they are by now, and it's incredibly unlikely they get traded in the near future... even for superstars.

Unless the organization wants to go through another Dwight Howard - Steve Nash nightmare scenario, they would be wise building around those 2 gold dust players.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers: Just a Bunch of Random Pieces Right Now

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

The thing I see about this team that I see that is different from last year? They battle.....EVERYTHING going right for the Warriors at one point....but they just kept fighting.

I see a team that is gonna pick up steam as the season goes along....they now have young legs and can run with anybody.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject:

More like, just a bunch of radon threads on LG right now.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:

The post is a random mix of comments. A ghetto gumbo if you will.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

Zubac is only a "trade stopper" to you fan boys lol.. If he was the last piece to get a deal done for a star like Cousins, you bet you last dollar that the Lakers would have no problem including him. Nice prospect with a chance to develop into a contributing player, maybe starter... yes. Trade stopper.. no.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject:

You lost me at "maybe Russell."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Zubac is only a "trade stopper" to you fan boys lol.. If he was the last piece to get a deal done for a star like Cousins, you bet you last dollar that the Lakers would have no problem including him. Nice prospect with a chance to develop into a contributing player, maybe starter... yes. Trade stopper.. no.

Agree. The only player I think who should be untouchable is Ingram.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:

xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

I'd have no problem if the lakers traded Randle or Russell for something better.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject:

Russell is flourishing in his second year and still needs another year or two to possibly become a franchise player.

It was good watching Russell compete against Lillard, who is exactly the same mold of player at the 1
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers: Just a Bunch of Random Pieces Right Now

I disagree there. The Lakers have a pretty good mix of players at the moment.

PG - Russell and Clarkson are both scoring point guards, Huertas gives them a playmaker, Calderon gives them shooting.
SG - Clarkson is well rounded, Lou is a good scorer, Brown is a good defender, and Young can also give you good minutes there in a similar role as Lou.
SF - Deng gives a veteran presence and defense, Ingram provides defense and spacing, Young is instant offense.
PF - Randle gives you playmaking and rebounding, Nance is well rounded, Deng and Ingram can come in and give spacing.
C - Mozgov is solid all around, Black is energy off the bench, Yi gives spacing, and Zubac provides shot blocking.

They have the pieces to play a variety of styles already. They have a lot of young talent which needs some time to mature, but I don't think it's a mismatched bunch at all.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject:

Looking at the last three games, the Lakers looked like a collection of talent at a charity game. Especially the defense.

And that sequence where Young and Huertas played on while Mozgov was on the floor? I thought Moz was going to have to crawl over and foul someone himself to stop the play.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject:

I happen to like Gumbo

Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers: Just a Bunch of Random Pieces Right Now

J.C. Smith wrote:
I disagree there. The Lakers have a pretty good mix of players at the moment.

PG - Russell and Clarkson are both scoring point guards, Huertas gives them a playmaker, Calderon gives them shooting.
SG - Clarkson is well rounded, Lou is a good scorer, Brown is a good defender, and Young can also give you good minutes there in a similar role as Lou.
SF - Deng gives a veteran presence and defense, Ingram provides defense and spacing, Young is instant offense.
PF - Randle gives you playmaking and rebounding, Nance is well rounded, Deng and Ingram can come in and give spacing.
C - Mozgov is solid all around, Black is energy off the bench, Yi gives spacing, and Zubac provides shot blocking.

They have the pieces to play a variety of styles already. They have a lot of young talent which needs some time to mature, but I don't think it's a mismatched bunch at all.

Whoa...
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers: Just a Bunch of Random Pieces Right Now

JH from Hemet wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

The thing I see about this team that I see that is different from last year? They battle.....EVERYTHING going right for the Warriors at one point....but they just kept fighting.

I see a team that is gonna pick up steam as the season goes along....they now have young legs and can run with anybody.

That's called coaching... I enjoy seeing this because we've been without it since Phil.

There is going to come a time when the pieces will be evaluated for how they fit together. The odd guys out from the young guys will most likely be Clarkson and Randle. Clarkson because he's redundant and doesn't have a marketable strength and Randle because you simply cannot play him in the half court during a playoffs series. I'd rather not have to live through that...
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject:

For me everyone can be traded except Ingram. He is Durant type of potential. If I have a chance to switch anyone else for superstar i would do it in heartbeat. Lets say to bring John Wall, Lillard or someone like that. Basically someone can take anyone expect Ingram for these guys.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Ghetto gumbo? Between weird phrases like that and the stuff you were saying about DLO's dad a few months ago, you make Trump look filtered.

LG should REALLY consider installing some kind of ignore feature. Seriously.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lakers: Just a Bunch of Random Pieces Right Now

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

There isnt one single team in the past who knows how many years that have had a pure pg have also won the title. SO why do people keep asking/requesting a "real pg" which usually means a pass first pg. the celtics were the last team to use a pure point guard(rondo). yet they only won one title with that group of hall of famers. That's it. Just one. Do not say dallas with jkidd. by then Jkidd was derek fisher/ a spot up shooter that could pass well and defend.

What we need is for either one of our young guys to become top 5 elite scorers and top 10 defenders. OR we need to go shopping for a guy like that once our kids grow up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
I happen to like Gumbo

Hell yes!
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:

The Lakers have done a decent job during Mitch's tenure of drafting big guys... Bynum... Marc... Zubac... If we can get Cousin's, so be it... But it would take that type of player for me to want to move Zubac.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Ghetto Gumbo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: