Deng at the 4, Ingram at the 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
tox wrote:
defense wrote:
Unless there are injuries or we are so terrible there is no other choice I don't think Deng will play much PF but who knows. Lots of things have surprised so far this preseason.
If Randle and Nance showed they could play the 4/5 together, I could see Deng playing the 4. I'm just very skeptical that experiment would be successful, mostly because Randle's rim protection is horrible and he doesn't play with enough energy to do a high-energy, hyper-aggressive defensive approach a la the '13 Heat.

I thought they had a few minutes together last season, but I'm not finding the lineup data. I would be interested in seeing them get some burn together to see if Nance could provide some rim protection while Randle picks up slack on the boards.

Neither of them make for good rim protectors imo. Nance is just too small and Randle doesn't remotely play that style on defense. Randle is a big man that plays with a guard mentality on both ends.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
tox wrote:
defense wrote:
Unless there are injuries or we are so terrible there is no other choice I don't think Deng will play much PF but who knows. Lots of things have surprised so far this preseason.
If Randle and Nance showed they could play the 4/5 together, I could see Deng playing the 4. I'm just very skeptical that experiment would be successful, mostly because Randle's rim protection is horrible and he doesn't play with enough energy to do a high-energy, hyper-aggressive defensive approach a la the '13 Heat.

I thought they had a few minutes together last season, but I'm not finding the lineup data. I would be interested in seeing them get some burn together to see if Nance could provide some rim protection while Randle picks up slack on the boards.

Neither of them make for good rim protectors imo. Nance is just too small and Randle doesn't remotely play that style on defense. Randle is a big man that plays with a guard mentality on both ends.

He's 6'9 with a 9'1 standing reach, which isn't small for a small-ball C, and he demonstrated an improved knack for swatting in the summer league. Unfortunately his shotblocking was sub-par last season, so he may not have the instincts, but he's not too small to be a rim protector.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: