Jerry West gives speech to Lakers players

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Jerry West gives speech to Lakers players

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/161020-jerry-west-player-development?cid=tw

Very cool to see a former legend giving a motivational speech to the team.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Look at Dlo leaning in and Zubac and Ingram totally attentive. Meanwhile Metta in the back wondering whether his pastrami sandwich spoke to him.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“When we’re out here on the court, I don’t want heyday stories going on,” Walton said. “We former players had our time. This is these guys’ time. It should be all about them and what they’re doing.”

Sounds like a couple of cats around these parts that should take these wise words of advice.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Quote:
“When we’re out here on the court, I don’t want heyday stories going on,” Walton said. “We former players had our time. This is these guys’ time. It should be all about them and what they’re doing.”

Sounds like a couple of cats around these parts that should take these wise words of advice.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Quote:

That would be silly not to talk about the good old days when in a basketball discussion about how to become great.

Let's say you are so young you've never seen the magic, kareem teams, nor the kobe shaq teams and not even the kobe gasol teams. All you know about is the spurs one a title vs lebron and lebron hooked up with wade and bosh. Then left to hook up with love, kyrie and finally won another one, while gstate has curry, klay, draymond and they have won a title and broke the season wins record. If you're that young, you have no idea what greatness looks like when it's homegrown and when a team has a dynasty going. These new players are great in their own right. But they for the most part are not as tough mentally as those guys of the recent past(shaq/kobe, jordan, etc.) or even the older guys(magic, bird, kareem, etc.) So this means when we are in here discussing these topics about Free agents and draft picks. us older guys are looking for something we've seen before in those greats with tough mindsets. You are just looking for a team to magically start winning a lot before you hop on the bandwagon. There's a difference between the two.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

I just get a feeling of sadness when I see Jerry West now. He's the greatest Laker ever but didn't really get the respect he deserved when he was here. Seeing him help other teams the last decade + is just...ugh Makes me sick.

On a positive note, he gave a little fist pump after Ingram made a shot the other night

https://twitter.com/LakersSBN/status/788988467501932544
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: