*GREAT* good Cop story.. Officer Chase Miller saved life of 3yr old boy and didn't even tell his wife about it..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: *GREAT* good Cop story.. Officer Chase Miller saved life of 3yr old boy and didn't even tell his wife about it..

Quote:
Marshall, the deputy police chief, said Miller “is an extremely humble man, and he doesn’t consider himself a hero. We found out he didn’t even tell his wife about saving the child’s life when he got home that night. In his mind, he was just doing his job.

Really was a touching story to read
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2016/10/21/my-son-is-not-breathing-harrowing-video-shows-hero-cop-saving-toddler-in-distress/

Quote:
On Tuesday, Granbury Mayor Nin Hulett presented Miller with a lifesaving award.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Sadly, no one actually cares about good cop stories.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Awesome.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Awesome.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I have a good cop story That I would like to share. My freshman year of college I had this hard ass physics class. My grade was a borderline b and I only had to get a 67 on the final to pass the class. Keep in mind this was a 4 unit class and I could not fail. On the morning of my final after an all night study I slept in on accident and my final was in 30 minutes. So I got dressed and drove and as fast as I can to get to CSUF park and take my final. Right at the 57 DBblvd ...BAM!!! my tire blew out and chunks of tire went flying. 20 minutes left to get to class before the door closes on me and the door for summer school opens up

Fortunately a cop who was trailing me because of my speeding caught up with me in the emergency lane. I explained my situation to him stressed and ready to cry. Instead of giving me a ticket he offered to take me to school and have my car towed off the freeway to my house. He said I was going to write you a ticket for speeding but I would rather have you concentrate on your final.

Long story short he took me to school I shook his hand and never saw him again. I ended up passing that class with a B. I wrote him a thank you card and mailed it in to his police station in Santa Ana. But I never got a response

Just want to say. Officer John Straka of the CHP. Thank you for that kind gesture. You made my summer CSUF GRAD. CLASS OF 05
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
I have a good cop story That I would like to share. My freshman year of college I had this hard ass physics class. My grade was a borderline b and I only had to get a 67 on the final to pass the class. Keep in mind this was a 4 unit class and I could not fail. On the morning of my final after an all night study I slept in on accident and my final was in 30 minutes. So I got dressed and drove and as fast as I can to get to CSUF park and take my final. Right at the 57 DBblvd ...BAM!!! my tire blew out and chunks of tire went flying. 20 minutes left to get to class before the door closes on me and the door for summer school opens up

Fortunately a cop who was trailing me because of my speeding caught up with me in the emergency lane. I explained my situation to him stressed and ready to cry. Instead of giving me a ticket he offered to take me to school and have my car towed off the freeway to my house. He said I was going to write you a ticket for speeding but I would rather have you concentrate on your final.

Long story short he took me to school I shook his hand and never saw him again. I ended up passing that class with a B. I wrote him a thank you card and mailed it in to his police station in Santa Ana. But I never got a response

Just want to say. Officer John Straka of the CHP. Thank you for that kind gesture. You made my summer CSUF GRAD. CLASS OF 05

I don't know how the parking situation was back then, but if that happened today, that would have been a blessing in disguise. It takes at least 30 minutes to get a decent parking space at CSUF nowadays.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: