Game thread - Lakers Vs Phoenix Suns 10/21/16 7PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
No one on this team is good enough to "start" in an NBA game (yet). Good thing is our bench outperforms the second unit of most other teams on a good night.

Clearly Mozgov, Deng, and Russell are good enough to start in an NBA game.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Observations from preseason.

1. Randle's lack of shooting is hurting the spacing in the offense. Deng or Nance needs to start at PF.

2. Clarkson should be starting alongside Russell and one should always be on the court. Clarkson was a 40% 3pt shooter with Russell on the court.

3. Luke has to shorten his rotation. I don't want to see Young or Lou unless it's limited minutes or someone's in foul trouble.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

1. Randle's lack of shooting is hurting the spacing in the offense. Deng or Nance needs to start at PF.

2. Clarkson should be starting alongside Russell and one should always be on the court. Clarkson was a 40% 3pt shooter with Russell on the court.

3. Luke has to shorten his rotation. I don't want to see Young or Lou unless it's limited minutes or someone's in foul trouble.

Umm, you want JC to play 48 mpg then?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakers had a lot of players not playing enough to built chemistry, Lakers will finally let it all out with everyone playing and Luke not changing rotations for TC fodders..

Lakers get a B- for there preseason performance.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Dave, I try to support you, but man you just made a 3 point list to basically say you think Clarkson should play the whole game and shoot most of the shots.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

More like, Clarkson should get all the shots while he is playing, and when he is taking a breather, everyone one the floor should just defend so that Clarkson can come back and take the rest of the shots.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

More like, Clarkson should get all the shots while he is playing, and when he is taking a breather, everyone one the floor should just defend so that Clarkson can come back and take the rest of the shots.

Ok this made me but let's take it easy on Dave. He just cares a lot.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
Luke looks like he wants to smack Trudell

who doesn't?

Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Luke's saying he's not happy about the starting unit. Uh yeah.
Of course he's not. He needs to bench Randle and Lou and will start to see better ball movement.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Dave, I try to support you, but man you just made a 3 point list to basically say you think Clarkson should play the whole game and shoot most of the shots.

Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

I want Russell and Clarkson to play 32-34 mins a game. So tired of seeing Huertas, Lou, and Young being primary ball handling. The 1st wing off the bench should be Ingram. Luke doesn't know what he's doing with the rotations.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Watched on a rather brittle livestream connection and didn't post all game... Good comeback after sucking badly for a while.

Glad it was preseason. No way around it we're going to look sloppy more often than not early this season. Still, there are some competitors on this squad.

We'll see who the final cuts are. It'll hurt me to see it if TRob gets cut, speaking of competitors. Dang he fights hard for the ball down low.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject:

ireland with that goofy question at the end smh
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

What did he ask?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

He should at least get the 2nd most shots. Throughout preseason Young and Lou has been given the green light by Luke and it's a mistake. I want to see Clarkson and Russell play like they were last year when both was scoring 20+.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
No one on this team is good enough to "start" in an NBA game (yet). Good thing is our bench outperforms the second unit of most other teams on a good night.

All three are par/below-par considering other starters in the league. There isn't a single stand out who can cut it besides D'lo who's by and large an inconsistent performer.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

He should at least get the 2nd most shots. Throughout preseason Young and Lou has been given the green light by Luke and it's a mistake. I want to see Clarkson and Russell play like they were last year when both was scoring 20+.

I don't get how you can say that it's a mistake given how good Young has been.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

All three are par/below-par considering other starters in the league. There isn't a single stand out who can cut it besides D'lo who's by and large an inconsistent performer.

I don't know what Moz and Deng will do this season, but Luol was 62nd in RPM last season and Timofey was 48th in RPM when he was last healthy in 2014-15. Given that there are around 440 players who earn regular season minutes around the league, I'd say that they've both been decidedly above par in recent seasons.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

He was bricking shots tonight and the shots he was taking weren't good shots. I like him better than Lou, but his minutes should be limited.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Practice wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

He was bricking shots tonight and the shots he was taking weren't good shots. I like him better than Lou, but his minutes should be limited.

It was one game after multiple good ones and his still played good defense. That would be like me saying Luke should play Clarkson less because he has been struggling.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised no one has started the Houston game thread.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Luke's saying he's not happy about the starting unit. Uh yeah.
Of course he's not. He needs to bench Randle and Lou and will start to see better ball movement.

Yeah, or at least one of them. Though my concern is more on the defensive end.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

What did he ask?

*3 hrs later*

he asked thomas robinson if he thinks he's did enough to make the team

robinson face was like c'mon breh
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject:

When you have 23 turnovers, and shoot 25% from 3 point range, you probably aren't going to beat anyone.

The turnovers have been horrible this preseason. That's one thing with Luke that concerns me. Kerr/Luke were very lax last year when the Warriors would turn the ball over because they knew they had enough talent to make up for it. Luke needs to tighten the reins on the Lakers because they don't have the talent to make up for mistakes.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject:

Obviously we are not going to be world-beaters but the team's defensive intensity was pretty decent last night.
Overall the team has shown some improvement heading into the regular season. We need more time and talent.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
Page 52 of 52
Jump to: