Laker Film Room: Game Analysis - Warriors 123, Lakers 112

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Laker Film Room: Game Analysis - Warriors 123, Lakers 112

Sorry, real life got in the way on this one and couldn't get this out sooner.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Oooh thought this was just gunna be a Brandon Ingram special (think I misinterpreted you alluding to this on a podcast) but we get the whole team run-down, dopee!!

just watching the first few minutes and something is standing out offensively for BI. He could be a great passer (specifically in the P/R) with his ability to see over the defense. You can literally see him towering over the D and him seeing those angles.

Russell's passing flair never ceases to amaze me. The bounce pass to the Mozgov poster was special. The next pass to Randle on the block was a no-look and surprised Randle. He always does the no-look and I think it's really beneficial, freezes the D for an extra split second. Love his passes in transition as well. He's starting to make great cross-court advance passes in transition.
The offense still has to evolve, and I can't wait to see Russell's passing in it.
- I feel like Russell's overpenetration problem that you always point out - part of it could stem from him overvaluing getting by his man, because he's not the most athletic guy - so he automatically thinks when he gets by his man, that it's attack time and time to make a great play. Or more simply, he just doesn't know what to do yet when he gets a step on his man.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Oooh thought this was just gunna be a Brandon Ingram special (think I misinterpreted you alluding to this on a podcast) but we get the whole team run-down, dopee!!

just watching the first few minutes and something is standing out offensively for BI. He could be a great passer (specifically in the P/R) with his ability to see over the defense. You can literally see him towering over the D and him seeing those angles.

Russell's passing flair never ceases to amaze me. The bounce pass to the Mozgov poster was special. The next pass to Randle on the block was a no-look and surprised Randle. He always does the no-look and I think it's really beneficial, freezes the D for an extra split second. Love his passes in transition as well. He's starting to make great cross-court advance passes in transition.
The offense still has to evolve, and I can't wait to see Russell's passing in it.
- I feel like Russell's overpenetration problem that you always point out - part of it could stem from him overvaluing getting by his man, because he's not the most athletic guy - so he automatically thinks when he gets by his man, that it's attack time and time to make a great play. Or more simply, he just doesn't know what to do yet when he gets a step on his man.

I would say that he doesn't know what to do you when he gets a step on his man and then another man shows up & there's no one obviously open in front of him. Once he figures out when to use a powerback dribble and/or dribble through, a whole new world will open up to him.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject:

Great stuff GT. Thanks again.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:48 am    Post subject:

Thanks GT. Can you please upload it for Europe as well?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:

Here you go. https://vimeo.com/188383080
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject:

Hey, GT, as an aside, I was reading your twitter feed the other day, and I noticed you put up the TS% for Russell, Clarkson, Randle, and the team. Are you going to do that again?
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
lewis wrote:

Here you go. https://vimeo.com/188383080

Thank you
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Hey, GT, as an aside, I was reading your twitter feed the other day, and I noticed you put up the TS% for Russell, Clarkson, Randle, and the team. Are you going to do that again?

I'll tweet out stats that I think are interesting throughout the season like that, yeah.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

I'll tweet out stats that I think are interesting throughout the season like that, yeah.

Ok. Thanks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: